2013 Mazda CX5 Labor + Maint Info

Questions about VIN, models, engines covered in the repair products
Sharon
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2013 Mazda CX5 Labor + Maint Info

Post by Sharon »

2013 MAZDA CX5 TOURING, 2.0, AUTO, currently has about 41k

Help me: Just wondering why I cannot access the maint information at all for this vehicle, without going into the Repair program....no information given at all for Any mileage.

This is almost a 2 year old vehicle, but I still can't even look up LABOR OR PART NUMBERS for a CABIN AIR FILTER, nor an ENGINE AIR FILTER in the Estimator?

Why are these not being updated more frequently in our systems?

This has been coming for frequent for commonly performed tasks....and we don't have time to call Shop key technical support.

Help Us Help Ourselves.

Sharon
:!:
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 2013 Mazda CX5 Labor + Maint Info

Post by timbre4 »

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

There was an issue with access to late model Mazda information that delayed it's inclusion in product; this has since been resolved and the project is nearly completed.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Okay ....now December 1st ....and still no updated information in the system?......no parts, no labor.

This last reply from you was: " There was an issue with access to late model Mazda information that delayed it's inclusion in product; this has since been resolved and the project is nearly completed."

Can we please get some updated information at our access?

Why does it take so long to resolve a problem...the 2015's are out !!! ......2 year old vehicle still doesn't have information for me to use ?

Clearly this a problem, but why can't it be solved? As I am reminded everytime I log into the system that this is the #1 system in Shop Management.

Help ??

Sharon
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

My apologies; I'd heard nothing further on this matter until now. The original issue had nothing to do with time elapsed for new models, it was the relationship with Mazda itself.

I have made an inquiry today with the repair & estimating editorial group to see where we are on this. Please note that we are talking about reference information beyond Manager SE 6.5, which itself is now updated every few weeks.
Tim McDonnell -
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Shouldn't I be able to look up maint intervals? I have customer's with 2013's approaching 60k....and this is how we not only take care of our customer's vehicles, but some of this is critical to keep in compliance
with factory warranties.

I have had to 'google' copies of owners manuals to keep some customer's up to date.

The situation just gets frustrating when I can't check this while on the phone with the customer scheduling their next service interval because I can't see it.

Sharon
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Of course you should be able to; this has been an odd situation. I've sent a dispatch to editorial for an update about this.

Please know that our Product Content support department can quickly dispatch this information via email or fax until it's visible in the product.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The whole story from editorial to let you know the score:

"In regards to customers specific question regarding the 2013 Mazda CX-5 Maintenance information. I had my Labor Editor and Maintenance Labor Editor get together and get this model in the database yesterday and it will be in the next release of ProDemand. [with access from Manager SE] In answer to your question “was this delay the relationship with Mazda or what?” it was with Mazda. [more confidential details were revealed]

Mazda was a 5 year update 2010-2014 and we have been working on bring it up to date for several months now, below is where we stand and when the information became available to our customers. I don’t have a Release Schedule for ProDemand so the Release Dates are for OnDemand5.com, ProDemand should be close to these dates. The reason I am giving you this extra information is it might help if customer knows we have been working on getting Mazda current with more and more information available with each release and we are very close to being completely caught up. "

OnDemand5.com Release / Ship Dates [ProDemand add a couple weeks to dates]

2010 5 November 2013
2010-13 CX-9 December 2013
2010-11 RX-8 December 2013
2010-13 MX-5 Miata December 2013
2010-12 CX7 January 2014
2011-13 2 March 2014
2010-11 3 May 2014
2012-13 3 June 2014
2009-13 6 September 2014
2014 2 October 2014
2014 CX-9 October 2014
2014 MX-5 Miata October 2014
2012-14 5 December 2014

These are the models remaining:

2013-14 CX-5 January 2015 -- Most if not all of the CX-5 will be in this Release.
2014 3
2014 6
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Model Coverage”