2005 Ford Cutaway E350 Super Duty

Questions about VIN, models, engines covered in the repair products
Crescentbunny
100 Club: Active Contributor

2005 Ford Cutaway E350 Super Duty

Post by Crescentbunny »

Vin : 1FDWE35L65HB00883

In ProDemand under fluids it states this vehicle takes a 10w30 Super Duty Oil. On the vehicle itself the oil cap states 5w20 oil. Any idea why the mismatch happened? I've only seen it happen a hand full of times and we just go off the oil cap in the vehicle (if its the OE cap). But we do heavily rely on ProDemands fluid specs being right. I decoded this VIN in Alldata and came up with the correct fluid of 5w20. I know sometimes there is a TSB from the manufacturer that will update the recommended fluid but I didn't find any on this vehicle. Anyway thanks for reading as always.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 2005 Ford Cutaway E350 Super Duty

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for posting. I looked it up and then used the FEEDBACK feature to send it directly to the editorial team.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Crescentbunny

Post by Crescentbunny »

Is there a feedback option while using ProDemand through Mitchell? Or is that only available when using ProDemand externally?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Crescentbunny wrote:Is there a feedback option while using ProDemand through Mitchell? Or is that only available when using ProDemand externally?
Yes it is on the right of the screen in both
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

To be precise, the windows that open from Manager SE intents (Estimator, Maint. Fluids & TSBs) do not have a Feedback button at this time. If you click on Repair Information button (above tabs) you will see one.

I have inquired of product management if there is a plan to add Feedback directly to the intents.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

As a rule 70% of all the vehicles we work on take 5/20. This calls for synthetic from Ford for some reason. We use a rule of thumb in my shop. Never go by the oil cap, seen more than a few that are incorrect. Whomever is writing the shop work order for the tech aka tech sheet is required by me, and yes I'm the person that breaks this rule more than anyone else, to print and staple a speech sheet with all the fluids, capacities, tire pressures, etc and staple it to the tech sheet. Along with that I print any past order that is associated with the current issue. If a vehicle is in the shop for a basic service I'll look for any suggested services that were declined or put off for a later date. If part of the current service has to do (I'll use this as a common issue) brakes I'll look and print any previous order associated with the brakes so the tech will know if any work was done and pay special attention to that in case it has anything to do with todays problem. I try to be as in depth and prepared as possible to avoid any issues where the customer questions any past work being part of todays issue. Basically I try not to get caught flatfooted.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Model Coverage”