Recall not listed

Questions about VIN, models, engines covered in the repair products
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Recall not listed

Post by MURRI513 »

We have a 2012 Mitsubishi Fuso in the shop, after replacing Urea tank and other expensive parts and still not fixing the problem we had it towed to the dealer. The dealer just called and informed us there is a massive recall on these trucks & there is a wait time of 4 weeks until they an even get to perform the recall. Even after they pull the truck into the shop there could be 3-4 week wait on repairs. This recall is not listed on ProDemand anywhere. Is this typical of Foreign trucks, we work on a lot of Isuzu, Hino & Mitsubishi Trucks.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Recall not listed

Post by timbre4 »

ProDemand covers vehicles up to 1 ton; Truck Series is for class 4-8 vehicles. Do you have a subscription to Truck Series?

Mitsubishi Fuso model selector has 4 options: FE 125, FE 160, FE180, FG-4X4. Once I know which one you have I'll reference this with the appropriate department.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

timbre4 wrote:ProDemand covers vehicles up to 1 ton; Truck Series is for class 4-8 vehicles. Do you have a subscription to Truck Series?

Mitsubishi Fuso model selector has 4 options: FE 125, FE 160, FE180, FG-4X4. Once I know which one you have I'll reference this with the appropriate department.
Yes we purchased the truck series end of Sept. ( I pushed for it because of the Recall & TSB information), it wouldn't have helped to much in this case but I'm wondering for future reference.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

From our truck editorial dept.:

"With the exception of GM, Ford, and Chrysler products, we do not publish bulletins or recalls in TruckSeries (due to copyright issues)."
Tim McDonnell -
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

That is very disappointing to learn after the fact. I kinda led the charge to upgrade our software & integrate the truck series with Shopkey Manager. Prior to upgrading last month, we only had the truck series on the techs computer, not on mine and it wasn't integrated with the software. You had to open a different window. Hopefully there will be updates in the future. We are a heavy duty truck repair shop, we use it all day long.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

MURRI513 wrote:That is very disappointing to learn after the fact. I kinda led the charge to upgrade our software & integrate the truck series with Shopkey Manager. Prior to upgrading last month, we only had the truck series on the techs computer, not on mine and it wasn't integrated with the software. You had to open a different window. Hopefully there will be updates in the future. We are a heavy duty truck repair shop, we use it all day long.
We apologize for any misunderstanding; without a specific question about this ahead of time, we would have no way of knowing of this specific concern. As stated above, there is a copyright concern with the manufacturer protecting its dealers that we do not expect will change. By contrast, Our agreements with GM, Ford, FCA are accommodating in this regard.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Model Coverage”