1956 Ford T-Bird 292 Labor

Questions about VIN, models, engines covered in the repair products
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

1956 Ford T-Bird 292 Labor

Post by brianp87 »

1956 t-bird 292. My book only goes back to 1963. Im looking ofr labor time for water pump, radiator hoses, radiator and by-pass hose. It has addon air so I figure an extra hour there but? Thx in advance
JAKKERS

Re: 1956 Ford T-Bird 292 Labor

Post by JAKKERS »

Brian

according to motor labor guide 1956

water pump 1.5hrs.

by pass .5hrs.

radiator hoses all .9hrs.

no listing for with air conditioning

hope this helps.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Perfect thank you
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

don't forget, X 1.5 for every 10 years of age.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

If it were in bad shape or rust bucket I would ;-) Its been restored correctly and is one of the best older cars I work on.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

X1.5 for the CAR'S years or techs years?
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

:lol:
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

back when bolts were bolts and you didn't need metric. we have a growing list of clients with antique or top end cars such as ferraries, bugaties, etc. i charge $250 per hour hands on time. no flat rate, just hands on. i had a new client leave his car at my shop for work. we were highly recommended by many. he was a bit unsure and a pain in the a**. came to the shop unannounced and was a bit jumpy and wanted to see his car. can't blame him it was a beauty. took him into the shop and there is was. all covered with cloth. we cover these cars with a plastic drop cloth the terri cloth. it's all anchored to vehicle with magnetic strips (flexible) with felt glued to them. no way will we use anything thing that can scratch the finish or in rare, rare, rare, cases and i mean rare will we use tape. if we do it's the colored painters tape that will hold from sliding and nothing else. no real adhering strength. i showed the customer and said that when we stip all the protective sheething off not a tape mark is left. i showed him that if wee have to use say carburetor cleaner everything else in the compartment is covered. in same cases we spend more time setting up the protection than repairing the vehicle. he was showed the taped floor that signified distance safety from jack handles, jack stands. i'll also show him that we have safety cleats that will hold the screw from flying off if the stands are knocked over, even the vehicles near his car were chosen carefully when the work areas were asighned. i explained to the person that we'll not put cars or trucks in the stall next to his "baby" if we need to use any chemicals that we feel can damage his car. using torches, plazma cutters, fabrication machinery near the vehicles that demanded high protection was a big no no. he looked at me and said he was so sorry that he took up my time and really appreciated all the length i went to to protect his "baby". suddenly he felt that $250 wasn't bad and told me that he never would question, ask, inquire about my rates and part searches again. i guess my point here is get any price you want if you're that good. screw the flat rate. i have all the books back to the 40's and a few back to 36. if i want easy reading and a walk down memory lane that's when i'll open the books.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Model Coverage”