Time Clock

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
a&mauto
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Time Clock

Post by a&mauto »

Thank You very Much for adding a time clock to Mobile Manager. This is going to be very useful. Is there any info on how to use it and where the final time used ends up?
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Time Clock

Post by motley06 »

https://youtu.be/ANZacxEpKUQ

You probably want to search the forums for details on the reports provided in Mitchell for tech/shop productivity/efficiency. Just a heads up, if you post an invoice while a technician is still clocked in on the job, you have to unpost it so they can clock out and get started on another ticket. Not a big deal, but on something like a waiter oil change where you are trying to speed things up, it can cause a small hiccup. Also, would be slick if they could set it to automatically clock guys out at 5:30 by default... That way a guy wouldn't stay clocked in all night. Still a useful tool though
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by MRISICH »

a&mauto wrote:Thank You very Much for adding a time clock to Mobile Manager. This is going to be very useful. Is there any info on how to use it and where the final time used ends up?
Hey Adam,

I agree with you, labor time is a crucial component of a shop’s productivity. It is important to know how long a job is billed for, and how long it takes for the technician to complete it. Keeping track of a shop’s labor margin increases efficiency. You mentioned that you wanted some info on how to use our new Time Clock feature. I did see that Matt Motley added our video link on how to use the Time Clock this morning to your post.

To begin using the time clock, first open up Mobile Manager Pro on your tablet. As the working technician, you will need to be signed in as the user of the tablet. Next, open the work order from the work in progress screen. Ensure that you are the assigned technician for each labor operation you will be clocking into.

Displayed on the order tab’s top toolbar is the time clock icon. Select the icon to open the clock in window. Check off each labor item you want to clock into. Technicians can select one or multiple labor items. Select ok to clock in. The time clock will then begin to keep count.

An overview of the time clock’s current usage is available from Mobile Manager’s main menu. Here users can see the list of technicians who are currently clocked into a job. To the right of each technician’s name, you will see a timeclock displaying their progress in real time. Under each technician’s name, is the list of the labor items the technician is working on. The work order number, customer name, and vehicle are also displayed. Select a technician from this window to open the associated work order.

To clock out, select the time clock icon from the order tab. This will display the clock out window. Select yes to clock out. Technicians also have the ability to clock in and out of a job multiple times. The actual hours for each labor item are recalculated after each clock out.

Once the technician clocks out, the time recorded is automatically transferred back into the management system. The time spent clocked in will show as the technicians’ “actual hours.” When using the time clock for jobs on the same work order, the time punched in is divided between labor items. Time is divided according to each labor item’s billed time.

Utilizing this feature will accurately credit technicians with their actual labor time. Keeping track of technicians’ labor time is essential for running productivity reports and managing a shop’s overall labor margin.

For more information on Mobile Manager Pro or any of our other products, please visit us at http://www.boltontechnology.com
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

motley06 wrote:https://youtu.be/ANZacxEpKUQ

You probably want to search the forums for details on the reports provided in Mitchell for tech/shop productivity/efficiency. Just a heads up, if you post an invoice while a technician is still clocked in on the job, you have to unpost it so they can clock out and get started on another ticket. Not a big deal, but on something like a waiter oil change where you are trying to speed things up, it can cause a small hiccup. Also, would be slick if they could set it to automatically clock guys out at 5:30 by default... That way a guy wouldn't stay clocked in all night. Still a useful tool though

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the great suggestions! I spoke to our Developers and they informed me that our next update will include posted work orders in the Time Clock Screen. As for your suggestion about automatically clocking guys out at the end of their shift by default, I have added it to our feature request.

Thanks,
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by SKLINE17 »

Is there anything where they can clock in and out for the day and in and out for lunch etc.? Would be nice to have that available and have reports to be able to print for that.
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

SKLINE17 wrote:Is there anything where they can clock in and out for the day and in and out for lunch etc.? Would be nice to have that available and have reports to be able to print for that.

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the great suggestion, I have added it as a feature request for our Developers to look at. I also included your email to the request so you can see when another shop votes for your idea and what phase it is in with our Developers.

Have a great weekend!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
a&mauto

Post by a&mauto »

It figures, the day after I asked about this a youtube video appears. I should have been more patient........... Thank you for your help.
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

No problem Adam. LOL!

Have a great weekend!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019

Post by 9024397111 »

I struggle heavily with a tech having to remember to clock in and out. Its just not done accurately. The tracking of non efficiency times and locating problem areas is crutial in running your business but it certainly has its issues. The human issue! I would like to suggest that when a tech opens the work order on the tablet "the tablet that he is assigned to"....he be automatically clocked in... when he finishes his work order and he remembers to clock out,thats great. If he doesn't, then when he try's to close WO to open a new one it will clock off that WO then Clock on to the new work order when he goes to open it. Ideally if he remembers to clock off and there is time between the next work order, the system would prompt for a non efficiency reason such as Idle Time, waiting for parts, shop maintenance, Training etc and then clock onto new WO
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Thank You for your post and suggestions.

I'll input them into our request system for future development consideration.

One of the things that I found in my years of managing technicians is that they are trainable. You want good and accurate reports, they want to make money. Connect the two and you will get results.
Make the techs aware that the reports you run will make them more money as you use the reports to tweak the service process but, that they have to "buy into the idea' to make it work.

Make it positive and you will results.

Thanks.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
motley06

Post by motley06 »

9024397111 wrote:I struggle heavily with a tech having to remember to clock in and out. Its just not done accurately. The tracking of non efficiency times and locating problem areas is crutial in running your business but it certainly has its issues. The human issue! I would like to suggest that when a tech opens the work order on the tablet "the tablet that he is assigned to"....he be automatically clocked in... when he finishes his work order and he remembers to clock out,thats great. If he doesn't, then when he try's to close WO to open a new one it will clock off that WO then Clock on to the new work order when he goes to open it. Ideally if he remembers to clock off and there is time between the next work order, the system would prompt for a non efficiency reason such as Idle Time, waiting for parts, shop maintenance, Training etc and then clock onto new WO
I was having a similar issue until I had a chat with my guys. I asked them how often they forget to plug in their phones at night to charge, How often they forget to eat breakfast before coming to work, and how often I forget to make payroll every week. The answer was never, because it's habit. So we concluded that if they don't assign themselves to a job and clock in on it, they won't be paid for the work. Since then, nobody has forgotten to assign themselves of clock in yet. It's not being rude, it's simply letting your techs know what is expected of them.

Post by 9024397111 »

Thank you for the suggestions.
motley06

Post by motley06 »

+1 on tracking down time. Waiting on parts, authorization, etc would be nice
Auto Repair Coach