Jump Start

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
a&mauto
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Jump Start

Post by a&mauto »

Is there anyone on here that has turned on the Jump Start feature? I am curious to see what all was changed and to see how much you like it.
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Jump Start

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Mr. Jadovitz,
Here is a brief description of what JumpStart is.

We have given you over 100 categories so that running reports will be more accurate.
300 plus canned jobs that are linked to the new categories. You just need to add the labor and parts to the jobs.
When used in conjunction with our software, JumpStart provides linked inspections and coupons to the mix also,

Who would benefit the most from JumpStart? New users of Mitchell or users that never really moved Mitchell beyond its basic installed configuration.

I'll leave it open to installed shops to give you further input.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I used the jump start feature. Here is the idea. They remove all the categories and canned you have and replace them with their predefined ones that will break your reports out into much more detail........HOWEVER......if you have a large database with years of old invoices and a pretty well defined category set up already it will uncatergorize all you old invoices so that when you run a report to see profitability per category it will all be lumped under "undefines". When I had it installed I had to go and recategorize a years worth of invoices part by part and labor line by labor line. They do give you a tool in Report Pro that helps but it took me a week of 8 hours days to straighten the mess out. So if you do it be warned it is a lot of work. That being said once it is done you do have a lot more insight as to where the profits are coming from. I do have to say that sometimes I think it is a little too much though. Also all your canned jobs will seem to be gone and replaced with theirs. They really are not. They just don't show up in a search because they to are uncategorized. I have to do word search in canned jobs with % in front to find mine and recatogorized them to. All their canned jobs are set at 1.25 hours labor. You will have to go into each canned job and put in the correct labor times. Now if you are just starting out with Mitchell or ShopKey and have little in the way of categories or canned jobs this will be great for you all. If not it is a lot of work that even today I am tweaking.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

Pauls Automotive wrote: if you are just starting out with Mitchell or ShopKey and have little in the way of categories or canned jobs this will be great for you all. If not it is a lot of work that even today I am tweaking.
^^This. I did a back up before running jump start and I immediately realized it was a good thing I did. Like Pauls said, if your new and not using categories much, it will be helpful. If you've already started using categories and have a good understanding about how they work, etc, etc, I'd skip jump start.
a&mauto

Post by a&mauto »

Thank You all for your quick response.
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Thanks to all that replied to this link from the field.

People get wowed by JumpStart and do not dig into the details. Having this come from others in the field make it more "Real".

JumpStart great for newbies and people who never really used categories and pre-canned jobs. Not so much for those who HAVE done a lot of work with categories and pre-canned jobs.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Mobile Manager”