Feature Change Request - Status Automation

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Feature Change Request - Status Automation

Post by ricmorin »

Currently, Mobile Manager can change status according the 'Inspection Creation', however the status of the Inspection itself is at 'Waiting' until you check off an item or manually change it. I believe the Inspection timer does not start until the status of the Inspection itself is changed to 'In Progress', at least that's when the system message comes across. I think we'd agree that the important event here is when the inspection is actually started. That is why I'm confused that simply creating an inspection triggers the status change. Shouldn't the trigger be the Inspection 'In Progress' change?

As an example, a technician may start a job and add an inspection to it. He/she may not actually start performing the inspection until later. I don't need that status to change now, only when I actually start the inspection.

Now that Status Tracker is pushing these changes out to the web, it's even more important we have fine control over when it occurs.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Feature Change Request - Status Automation

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Ric,
I gotta get out to your shop and see how you have fine tuned the use of our products. I am sure I will learn a thing or two.

When the tech taps the first color swatch is when the inspection starts status is set to "In Progress" .

When the tech completes the inspection, they will be prompted if they want to "Mark this inspection as Complete.", answering "yes" sends the note to the service desk.

Are you seeing it differently than this?

By the way, I think you were the person who requested the cursor go to the parts number when opening a parts line. Did you notice that was fixed in the last update?
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I am in agreement with Ric on this also. Maybe We are using it wrong. What do you mean by the "Color swatch"?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Ric,
I gotta get out to your shop and see how you have fine tuned the use of our products. I am sure I will learn a thing or two.

When the tech taps the first color swatch is when the inspection starts status is set to "In Progress" .

When the tech completes the inspection, they will be prompted if they want to "Mark this inspection as Complete.", answering "yes" sends the note to the service desk.

Are you seeing it differently than this?

By the way, I think you were the person who requested the cursor go to the parts number when opening a parts line. Did you notice that was fixed in the last update?
No, I'm not seeing anything different than what you describe, and YES I did notice. I believe I commented on that thread.

The issue is the disparity between the two. Creating an inspection should not constitute or promulgate a status change IMO. STARTING an inspection should. It's definitely fine tuning.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Got it!! Will work towards Fine tuning.
John Burkhauser