Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)

What do you think of the new inspection layout and the XOXO Car branding?

I'm happy with the updated layout and the XOXO Car branding is fine with me.
No votes
I like the new layout but would prefer to see my brand/logo at the top.
74%
I liked the older inspection layout better.
26%

Total votes: 19
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Open Facebook
Last edited by Auto Repair Coach on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Open Facebook
I Believe the last one is a vendor and not a actually customer. I might be wrong but I believe that is Stan Mirzayev from parts detect. I wonder if Susan realizes what the app looks like under mobile version. While the layout and everything else looks like its not about that its about the branding. I was asking for the forums link and we are talking about branding not layout.

This is not okay. Our company name and our logo should be what the customers see. We pay you to promote our brand. Used link that someone provided earlier for the image. You tell me if you look at that who's shop do you think your at. Who is the main logo. Look at the bottom of this forums you see phpbb on the top no it's in fine print.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

This entire XOXO platform prompted me to create my trial subscription with shopboss today. Thanks, but no thanks
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

They also apparently can't figure out how to fix the issue of the white banner across the top covering up part of the picture of the vehicle. "Here's a picture of your car, Mr. Customer...kind of"

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
Auto Repair Coach wrote:Open Facebook

Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

To be fair this is just one post on the Univeristy Facebook page with 6 "likes" and 1 "Love". It is hardly droves of people from all different forums. I have to imagine the number of unhappy people on this forum at least equels those on Facebook. Listen don't get me wrong. I really do like the product as I am sure most eveyone here does. However the point of keeping this piece of software branded as our own is really important. By forcing this brand of yours on us you are forcing us under your wing. Some of us don't want to be associated in that way. If you want to do this I think there would be a better way. Keep your seperate. It is only software. You could sell your brand seperate from what we signed up for. Look at Mitchell and Shopkey......same software but operated seperate. You could do the same. Why force us to accept what we don't want????
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Please know that I am communicating your concerns to those that need to know. Just as the other adjustments came about there is discussion about the branding issues you have. I don't want to give out inaccurate information.

I do hear and relay. My mug is on this so I do take all of this seriously. Results, no matter what they are, will be communicated.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

For a long while there's been a debate about ASE and how consumers likely don't know anything about them. Shops cried that ASE should do some advertising and create awareness. And while that sounds good, WE are ASE customers, not the people we serve. WE should promote ASE awareness in our own unique way because shops are different. We are different; individuals. Placing all of us under some ASE umbrella creates the illusion that every ASE shop will provide the same results. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mitchell1 doesn't market to our customers. They market to shops, as they should. They know the vast differences that exist among their customers.

Let's hope for a positive outcome.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BenjaminPeterson

motley06 wrote:This entire XOXO platform prompted me to create my trial subscription with shopboss today. Thanks, but no thanks
Keep me updated how you like it was looking at that as a alternative.
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by MRISICH »

Thank you for all your spirited comments on the recent updates to the look and feel of the inspection results. I can assure you that this has been done to add to your shop’s success.

We all know that the extent of most owners’ knowledge of their vehicles is limited to the key going in the front, and the gas in the back. Everything else is up to you. This causes a level of anxiety every time they need service, even when using you as their “trusted” shop.

So therein lies the challenge. How can we help you reduce, or even eliminate, that uneasy feeling, so that vehicle owners have a better experience?

The new XOXOcar inspection results are our next step in that direction. And, like anything new, there will be adjustments and tweaks that need to be done, as well as overcoming the resistance to change.

As we always have, we listen to our customers. We hear your concerns and suggestions and will continuously evolve XOXOcar into a tool that will not only bring your customers back, but also build trust and transparency that benefits both your shop and customers.

We have already begun fine-tuning the inspections based on your feedback. Modifications to the XOXOcar inspections will continue over time and will never stop reaching for the next level of advantages for your shop.

Let’s continue the conversation of improving the relationship between vehicle owners and your shop, resulting in them returning and further trusting you and, ultimately, leading to your shop’s success.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
motley06 wrote:This entire XOXO platform prompted me to create my trial subscription with shopboss today. Thanks, but no thanks
How is shop boss?
motley06

Post by motley06 »

brianp87 wrote:
BenjaminPeterson wrote:
How is shop boss?
I think I got most of the setup done this weekend, so more than likely, I'll start writing up a few basic tickets side by side in it with Mitchell next week.

To publicly state, I am not announcing this to bad mouth mitchell on their own forums, it is only due to bolt-ons determination to take over our shops branding through our inspections, or at least piggy back to build their own brand.

In response to Mike, while I'm sure we all appreciate you doing your best to help us shop owners out, everything you've offered so far (texting, DVI, custom invoices, review management, etc) has been optional and required signing up. This seems more like being forced down our throats. Sorry, but I don't want the XOXO branding anywhere. I am a member of O'Reilly's Certified Auto Repair program, and they don't require I put any of their branding anywhere anywhere in or on my business. I feel bolt-on should be the same way.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Mike, I am glad you joined this conversation.

I will respond to a couple of your points here:
"Thank you for all your spirited comments on the recent updates to the look and feel of the inspection results. I can assure you that this has been done to add to your shop’s success."
Mike, did you read the current poll results? As of this post there is no repair shop in this poll that is in favor of your change/branding. Not one! Doesn't that alarm you? Independent repair shop owners - you guessed it - independent! They do not want a software company assure them that a branding change they do not want and did not ask for is for their success. Listen to the "spirited comments". You can fix most of this by recognizing that XOXOcar is not appropriate branding for all of us.
"We all know that the extent of most owners’ knowledge of their vehicles is limited to the key going in the front, and the gas in the back. Everything else is up to you. This causes a level of anxiety every time they need service, even when using you as their “trusted” shop. "
Mike, that's seriously insulting to many of my clients. If that's all they know about their car then their repair shop is not doing well enough in educating the client. They bring their vehicles to our shop precisely because they trust us to take care of repairs and service. We have been a family enterprise since 1972. Anxiety every time they need service? Surely not. I'd like to think some of them can't wait to come again - for the coffee and camaraderie, if nothing else.
"So therein lies the challenge. How can we help you reduce, or even eliminate, that uneasy feeling, so that vehicle owners have a better experience?"
Easy! Just do what you have always done best. Be a facilitator, and empower-er, a toolbox for the shop owner and service adviser. Keep on developing innovative software. But please, please, don't brand our businesses with XOXOcar...
"As we always have, we listen to our customers. We hear your concerns and suggestions and will continuously evolve XOXOcar into a tool that will not only bring your customers back, but also build trust and transparency that benefits both your shop and customers."
I agree, you have done well in the past at listening to your customers. That's what has made Bolt-On a success. But....are you listening now? Your clients are telling you they do not accept the XOXOcar brand. Based on this statement, it seems a decision was made to use this branding and force it on existing clients. Bolt-On's job is to refine the digital inspection platform and process. NOT BRANDING.
"We have already begun fine-tuning the inspections based on your feedback. Modifications to the XOXOcar inspections will continue over time and will never stop reaching for the next level of advantages for your shop."
Mike, the problem is not that XOXOcar needs fine tuning. XOXOcar is the problem. Fine tune the delivery of the inspection, sure. The hijacking of the shop's company identity is the issue here. You can fix this.

Mike, my decision is made. Either there is a way to present the digital inspections to my clients using bolt-on products and using our company identity (and not XOXOcar) or I will move on to a digital inspection product that meets this criteria. I wish you continued success.

Gerald
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:
Now, our two hour ppi inspection looks just like someone else's free inspection (only longer, of course).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't notice that!!!! Apparently we're just cattle to be herded. Not good, not good at all.
Starting to sound like they're turning into insurance companies with their preferred shops, which is another discussion of itself
motley06

Post by motley06 »

Sauvageaus wrote:
ricmorin wrote:
Now, our two hour ppi inspection looks just like someone else's free inspection (only longer, of course).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't notice that!!!! Apparently we're just cattle to be herded. Not good, not good at all.
Starting to sound like they're turning into insurance companies with their preferred shops, which is another discussion of itself
My thoughts exactly! We're on day 4 of no digital inspections being done/sent. I pulled two of my three tablets out of the shop this morning to experiment what it's like without them. So far, so good. We'll likely have to get another mitchell license for the guys in the shop, but it comes in way cheaper than the tablet software, and Mitchell isn't cramming their own brand down our throats!
BenjaminPeterson

motley06 wrote:I think I got most of the setup done this weekend, so more than likely, I'll start writing up a few basic tickets side by side in it with Mitchell next week.

To publicly state, I am not announcing this to bad mouth mitchell on their own forums, it is only due to bolt-ons determination to take over our shops branding through our inspections, or at least piggy back to build their own brand.

In response to Mike, while I'm sure we all appreciate you doing your best to help us shop owners out, everything you've offered so far (texting, DVI, custom invoices, review management, etc) has been optional and required signing up. This seems more like being forced down our throats. Sorry, but I don't want the XOXO branding anywhere. I am a member of O'Reilly's Certified Auto Repair program, and they don't require I put any of their branding anywhere anywhere in or on my business. I feel bolt-on should be the same way.

How is the trial going?
motley06

Post by motley06 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
motley06 wrote:I think I got most of the setup done this weekend, so more than likely, I'll start writing up a few basic tickets side by side in it with Mitchell next week.

How is the trial going?
I have not had much time to really give it a shot. I want to look into it more
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

I'm really surprised at the silence from Bolt-On in addressing the dissatisfaction of these shop owners with inspection branding. In the past they have been quick to respond to feedback from users.

Let's hope good news is coming soon. I'm not sure we can hold out much longer.

Gerald
motley06

Post by motley06 »

Gerald Martin wrote:I'm really surprised at the silence from Bolt-On in addressing the dissatisfaction of these shop owners with inspection branding. In the past they have been quick to respond to feedback from users.

Gerald
100% agree
BenjaminPeterson

motley06 wrote:
Gerald Martin wrote:I'm really surprised at the silence from Bolt-On in addressing the dissatisfaction of these shop owners with inspection branding. In the past they have been quick to respond to feedback from users.

Gerald
100% agree
I think we have our answer they are not going to change they don't care. Time to move on. I am going to start checking out other software.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Regrettably, you may be right. I was one of Mike Risitch's early clients - we bought into the concept and fed alot of feedback to Bolt-On from near the beginning. It appears that the playing field has changed. So sad.

Return to “Mobile Manager”