Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)

What do you think of the new inspection layout and the XOXO Car branding?

I'm happy with the updated layout and the XOXO Car branding is fine with me.
No votes
I like the new layout but would prefer to see my brand/logo at the top.
74%
I liked the older inspection layout better.
26%

Total votes: 19
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Post by motley06 »

I did forward this topic to bolt on through their contact forum on their website Friday. I just pulled up the inspection on a tablet, and holy cow, our logo is all the way at the bottom. I definitely liked the older mobile layout much better.

The whole 'we're gonna make a network of XOXO shops' does not sound appealing at all. My fear is it would become a pay to play system, like yelp. On top of that, like others expressed, if a customer has a bad experience with an 'xoxo' shop, I don't want to be associated with them. Please change this ASAP
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Please remove the brand as we are not paying you to build your brand we are paying you to build ours. I just saw the inspection on the tablets and this will be addressed or we will take our business else where. Also please as asked before link us to the other forums where shops are happy about this as I do not believe this to be the case.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

It's becoming pretty obvious that professional repair shop owners are not thrilled with XOXO Car. Please, if you are reading this thread and contributing to it, and you are a current subscriber to Bolt-On's digital inspection process....VOTE.
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Sorry for the delay in response, weather here among other issues have caused the delay.

The conversation on the logo re positioning is in process.
In response to a number of requests the following is now available for update and down load.
Shut down and restart Report Pro - It may take two restarts.

A new inspection viewer on the top screen of Report Pro.
The ability to print inspections with or without pictures.
Send Invoice/Estimate/reports/Sub estimate via Text Message
Added New Tire Registrations

I know that these do not address every issue but the others are being worked on.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Hello John, the improvements to Report Pro are welcome and are a direct result of Bolt-On implementing user feedback. I hope they will be as responsive with resolving our concerns about branding. I do not want to promote ANY brand except our own - The logo needs to be REPLACED, not REPOSITIONED....Remember we are paying for this service!

Gerald
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

John, I know this is unrelated to this discussion post, but on thing you could pass along to BoltOn is that Message Manager needs is to show symbols &/or emojis. We have clients who respond with comments or emojis assuming that our text works just like their phones, but it comes across as just gibberish and we don't know what exactly they're trying to say.
Auto Repair Coach

Gerald-As before I am passing this along.

Nick-Noted and entered. I think there is already request for the emoji.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
motley06

Post by motley06 »

Just put this on blast in a Facebook group of about 3,000 members. Not sure how many are active, but something crossed my mind this morning...
Ya know, when bolt on comes out with a new feature that they think their customer base is gonna love, they do facebook posts about it, youtube videos about it, forum posts, so on and so on. Funny, you didn't hear crap about this out of bolt on. This is really getting under my skin this morning, as it almost seems like they didn't want to bring attention to it, except for the customers eyes.
BenjaminPeterson

motley06 wrote:Just put this on blast in a Facebook group of about 3,000 members. Not sure how many are active, but something crossed my mind this morning...
Ya know, when bolt on comes out with a new feature that they think their customer base is gonna love, they do facebook posts about it, youtube videos about it, forum posts, so on and so on. Funny, you didn't hear crap about this out of bolt on. This is really getting under my skin this morning, as it almost seems like they didn't want to bring attention to it, except for the customers eyes.
I'm still waiting for the link for the forums posted by John.
Auto Repair Coach wrote: I wrote "general response across all of our media has been positive" since we have received this feedback, through not only forums like this and multiple other forums,
Due to this question being skipped over on 2 different occasions seems more like a bluff then truth.
motley06

Post by motley06 »

After the rumors I'm hearing from guys in the know, this is becoming very unsettling. Everything I'm hearing with what I see on http://lp.boltontechnology.com/xoxocar is making me sick.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

motley06 wrote:After the rumors I'm hearing from guys in the know, this is becoming very unsettling. Everything I'm hearing with what I see on http://lp.boltontechnology.com/xoxocar is making me sick.
WOW! Didn't even know that was a thing.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

motley06 wrote:After the rumors I'm hearing from guys in the know, this is becoming very unsettling. Everything I'm hearing with what I see on http://lp.boltontechnology.com/xoxocar is making me sick.
We sell our digital inspections as something we offer that's unique. It's a service that other shops locally don't offer and it builds value to our client.

While I understand BoltOn's goal of selling their product to as many shops as possible, the XOXOCar business model takes that away from any shop who uses a digital inspection the way we do. They are circumventing the shop and devaluing the digital inspection for us by branding it as an independent product that all shops should offer.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Agreed. The premise feels like if a shop uses this inspection they are all the same. It deflates the uniqueness of each shop and how they approach their inspections. For example, I charge for my inspections, many do not. Way too broad of a stroke for my tastes.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

ricmorin wrote:Agreed. The premise feels like if a shop uses this inspection they are all the same. It deflates the uniqueness of each shop and how they approach their inspections. For example, I charge for my inspections, many do not. Way too broad of a stroke for my tastes.
We have multiple inspections built: A quick / free inspection, a paid inspection with some oil services, a longer paid inspection with more thorough oil services, paid manufacturer specific inspections, paid pre-purchase inspections, etc. We have each of our different inspections titled.

BoltOn has removed the title of each Inspection from the customer-facing inspection.

Now, our two hour ppi inspection looks just like someone else's free inspection (only longer, of course).
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
motley06 wrote:Just put this on blast in a Facebook group of about 3,000 members. Not sure how many are active, but something crossed my mind this morning...
Ya know, when bolt on comes out with a new feature that they think their customer base is gonna love, they do facebook posts about it, youtube videos about it, forum posts, so on and so on. Funny, you didn't hear about this out of bolt on. This is really getting under my skin this morning, as it almost seems like they didn't want to bring attention to it, except for the customers eyes.
I'm still waiting for the link for the forums posted by John.
Auto Repair Coach wrote: I wrote "general response across all of our media has been positive" since we have received this feedback, through not only forums like this and multiple other forums,
Due to this question being skipped over on 2 different occasions seems more like a bluff then truth.
John, you can easily resolve this question by providing the links to the "multiple other forums" where there has been feedback you are monitoring about XOXO Car. Feel free to post in this thread.

Gerald
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Now, our two hour ppi inspection looks just like someone else's free inspection (only longer, of course).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't notice that!!!! Apparently we're just cattle to be herded. Not good, not good at all.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

From today, here is an example of how the XOXO Car branding is cheesy and does NOT fit many clients. This diesel pickup belongs to a local electric cooperative lineman. It's a diesel truck thing. This guy's truck doesn't do XOXO Car. http://2un.me/2b6eh

Gerald
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Maybe you can get a hug and kiss with it. XO
BenjaminPeterson

Gerald Martin wrote:From today, here is an example of how the XOXO Car branding is cheesy and does NOT fit many clients. This diesel pickup belongs to a local electric cooperative lineman. It's a diesel truck thing. This guy's truck doesn't do XOXO Car. http://2un.me/2b6eh

Gerald
But my teenage daughter thinks it's like super cute OMG!@
Auto Repair Coach

Mr. Peterson

More coming.

From the Bolt On University closed group.
Last edited by Auto Repair Coach on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019

Return to “Mobile Manager”