Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)

What do you think of the new inspection layout and the XOXO Car branding?

I'm happy with the updated layout and the XOXO Car branding is fine with me.
No votes
I like the new layout but would prefer to see my brand/logo at the top.
74%
I liked the older inspection layout better.
26%

Total votes: 19
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Digital Inspection Branding - XOXO Car vs Your Shop

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Just to let you know...

Mike has been on an extensive travel schedule and is leaving again tomorrow, we have been discussing this internally and things are planned. Mike has commented that he will be doing a “town hall” meeting where you will be able to communicate directly with him your ideas. An update will be posted next week directly from Mike.

Thanks for your patience.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
Gerald Martin
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by Gerald Martin »

Thank you for the update. Noted and appreciated.

Gerald
Auto Repair Coach

Thanks.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
Auto Repair Coach

Hello,
Please copy and register to the link below to attend a Town Hall meeting with Mike Risich Thursday April 19th 3:00 pm EDT

Please register for Town Hall discussion with Mike Risich on Apr 19, 2018 3:00 PM EDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 0804549890

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Any questions please let me know.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
BenjaminPeterson

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Hello,
Please copy and register to the link below to attend a Town Hall meeting with Mike Risich Thursday April 19th 3:00 pm EDT

Please register for Town Hall discussion with Mike Risich on Apr 19, 2018 3:00 PM EDT at:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Any questions please let me know.
It is nice that you're doing a town hall but if you are going to continue on with the XOXO brand I do not see a point of wasting anyone's time. I think a simple answer of yes we are going to or no we are not will end all this.You guys decide we are independent shops we do not want to put under anyone else umbrella. We can talk till we are red in the face but at the end of the day all that matters is if you are going to keep XOXO.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Registered. Let's hope this means progress.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I would at least like to hear their side and what their plans are. I am not a big fan of XOXO but am willing to keep an open mind.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

I called my Bolt On rep on this shortly after I heard this and did some research. I think Bolt On is overstepping their bounds by starting this XoXo thing. I don't want my customers"Tossing their keys to a xoxo shop" as their website says. I want them tossing their keys to "Ness Auto Sales and Service". We've been on Bolton for only 6 months but so far I'm not impressed and see alot of faults in the way their software works. I saw this XOXO thing and now their going the direction of mobile mechanics support. I'm beginning to see alot of things that don't make me happy. I don't think I'll go the way of the other shop owner and look at switching Mitchell but I think it's time to start looking at parting ways with Bolt On. If that scenerio takes me in another direction of Mitchell I guess it is what it is

*** Update*** The conversations at least had me look at shop boss as someone has mentioned. I'm not sure what the relationship is with Mitchell and Bolt on....but I wonder how long Mitchell will take a chance on losing customers before they do something about it.
Auto Repair Coach

John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
BenjaminPeterson

Town hall without Text chat?????? Why is this a scripted event? We don't care about the quotes of Presidents or Leaders. Pretty much told us to hit sand. He is right actions are bigger then words time to not look but to move on.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I had hoped for a little more insight (pun intended) on the future direction. Looks like we're stuck with XOXO.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BenjaminPeterson

ricmorin wrote:I had hoped for a little more insight (pun intended) on the future direction. Looks like we're stuck with XOXO.
More like stuck with moving to shop boss or another service that offers unbranded inspections.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Well. It was a start. However I did not hear any reassurance that an alternate option will be provided. Maybe I missed it? Mike, of course I want to look at the big picture. To me, part of that picture is to focus on delivering a consistent message and experience to my clients. We are not Ford, Chevy, KIA, Honda, BMW, or XOXOCar. We are Martin's Auto, and have been since 1972. It seems there may be a lack of understanding of how independent automotive repair shops operate...Can you imagine two shops across the street from each other would both want to use Bolt-On's software with the current branding arrangement? Their inspections would look almost identical. What ever happened to differentiation and brand distinction?

Ric, I suppose we are only stuck with XOXO if we tolerate it. We are not in a contract. However, I will allow a couple of weeks though to be fair with Mike and see what else may be in the works. Maybe more is being done to provide a real solution than I am aware of. I hope so.

Gerald
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Well... I guess I got busy and missed it. But I don't like what I'm seeing so far. Can anyone give a non skewed view of what was mentioned in the webinar?
BenjaminPeterson

nessauto wrote:Well... I guess I got busy and missed it. But I don't like what I'm seeing so far. Can anyone give a non skewed view of what was mentioned in the webinar?
They stated they recorded it. Maybe they will post the recording.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

It was a load of B.S.

Quotes from historical figures and so on. Then told us they don't know where the brand is going!?!?! Seriously!?!? So you want me to be OK with you putting a brand on my inspection and tell me you don't know where that brand is going!?!?

Whatever. I'm pulling the trigger on something else soon and Mike can kiss my $250 a month goodbye. It's a shame, cause I've always loved Bolt on for not only their product, but their service. With this move and the lack of response, it seems like both are going down the toilet.
BenjaminPeterson

motley06 wrote:It was a load of B.S.

Quotes from historical figures and so on. Then told us they don't know where the brand is going!?!?! Seriously!?!? So you want me to be OK with you putting a brand on my inspection and tell me you don't know where that brand is going!?!?

Whatever. I'm pulling the trigger on something else soon and Mike can kiss my $250 a month goodbye. It's a shame, cause I've always loved Bolt on for not only their product, but their service. With this move and the lack of response, it seems like both are going down the toilet.
Let us know what you go with.
Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

I've been told there are some positive developments coming from Bolt-On. Glad to hear this! Perhaps one of their representatives would like to chime in here?
motley06

Post by motley06 »

I got an email from Mike that sounded pretty reassuring. I'm thinking the branding will become optional, based on the email and a phone conversation I had with someone there
nickh360

Post by nickh360 »

That information would be good to know as a client because we're getting ready to change inspection companies and pretty much have the replacement already picked out. If they're going to drop the XOXO branding and let the inspection be branded as our shop's inspection, then we would likely consider staying with them.

Return to “Mobile Manager”