Horizons Dashboard

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Horizons Dashboard

Post by nessauto »

I just saw the new horizons dashboard info. I'm sure this is another addon from Bolton. Anyone know how much it costs? Also is there a screen for the techs to watch. It would be interesting to have the techs be able to see their production on a daily basis.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Horizons dashboard

Post by ricmorin »

Yes, it is an add-on. Last I checked I think it ran 199/mo.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Ric is correct with his cost answer.

There is quite a bit of information given by the Horizon Dashboard. My recommendation is to get a look at it and see if it is for you. Let me know if you are interested.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

I do believe Bolton is beginning to price themselves right out of the market with all these add ons. We joined knowing it was $100 a month more than alot of other digital inspections out there. However I thought with all the additional features that were available with Bolton it would be a good choice. Now fast forward another $100 for review manager, add pro call, add the horizons dashboard, and I'm sure something else will be coming. It would push us to about $599....plus Mitchel. Im wondering how many shops are willing to spend $1000 a month on software? Yes it's nice....but how many will spend it? We're still implementing Bolt on....we started about 6 months ago. So far there's alot of quirks that we have to work out. Many things designed with great intent....but don't actually function correctly in the real world. Also alot of their "Time saving" items seem to be taking more time than before. We'll have to see if we can get the quirks worked out....but if not I'm going to the $99 option.
GUTHTIRE

Re: Horizons Dashboard

Post by GUTHTIRE »

My thoughts/hopes were that some of these add-on's would be eventually folded into the Mitchell product. However, I think I may be dreaming.
Dan
Auto Repair Coach

For many years all the thought and purchases were for the latest and greatest equipment for the back. Alignment machines, scan tools and such. These need to be used, they need vehicles on them to pay back their costs over years.

Investment at the front desk has been minimal until now. There are lots of options, but each option has to be looked at to see what exactly what it does compared to what it costs. Not to mention there is no perfect solution either. But there is the issue, you cannot compare a potato to a bunch of grapes since the offerings are so diverse.

When it comes to the options and costs that you do look at, you can pick and choose what you see value in after you compare it to other products. A plus.

One thing to consider, that when used as designed, the investment at the front desk pays for itself, and then some, every month not years.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

In response to you how many people are willing to pay that, I will say not us here. One big reason is cost, the second is as you said, issues, working out the quirks. I still have what should be a simple phone number issue that has been going on for 2 years now and Mitchell can not get it fixed, so what do we do, we live with it. We should not have to with the prices we pay for this stuff. But since I am not one of the elite we can not get it fixed. We pay for Mitchell and Identifix righ now and that is it.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:My thoughts/hopes were that some of these add-on's would be eventually folded into the Mitchell product. However, I think I may be dreaming.
That would be really nice, especially for those of us who signed up with bolt on years ago. Then again, I can see bolt on being concerned about other users hearing that some are getting free services. Also, giving away services has a tendency to devalue them, unless you really make it clear why you are doing it 'long term customer appreciation'.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Horizon is it's own separate company. Bolt-On wouldn't be able to give anything away. They are just offering it as a service because they think it may be of help to some shops. I am not sure if everyone understands that.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Auto Repair Coach

Paul's Automotive is correct. Horizon is it's own company that we partnered with making their software work better.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019

Return to “Mobile Manager”