Time clock

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
Jcharlton

Time clock

Post by Jcharlton »

I have employees on both Flat rate, and hourly. Can they all punch in and will it keep track of hours actually there for the hourly employees, and time on the jobs as well? I am interested in getting mobile manager, but the Timeclock is one feature I need to work for both types of employees.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Time clock

Post by ricmorin »

Time clock does not specifically track non-production hours, but rather any hours on jobs. I've created 'customers' called Shop Time and use that to track non production hours and close those out weekly. I have canned jobs with a specific category to track the different things hourly employees do and still get paid for, but it's not accurate enough (for me) to actually pay them from it. I have a punch clock for daily in/out, then use MM for jobs.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

We're trying to use this but we're running into some issues. Let's say we have a labor line that is .5 charge hours, .5 tech payed hours, and the tech punched in and had .25 in it.
1) The writer decides to charge the customer .7 hours instead of .5.....when he changes it mitchel changes the actual time to the .7. This makes the act of punching the clock absolutely useless.

2) Even though the tech punches in and out on the tablet. He can manually change the amount of time it shows. This should be password protected so the tech can't change it.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

nessauto wrote:We're trying to use this but we're running into some issues. Let's say we have a labor line that is .5 charge hours, .5 tech payed hours, and the tech punched in and had .25 in it.
1) The writer decides to charge the customer .7 hours instead of .5.....when he changes it mitchel changes the actual time to the .7. This makes the act of punching the clock absolutely useless.

2) Even though the tech punches in and out on the tablet. He can manually change the amount of time it shows. This should be password protected so the tech can't change it.
1) True, but you HAVE a choice. Just say no to the dialog and the tech punches will remain.
changehours.PNG
changehours.PNG (30.67 KiB) Viewed 10400 times
2) Agreed
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

As an alternative I used LPM (Labor Profit Management). It is a third party web based application that ingrates with Mitchell SE and Bolt On's Mobile Manager. So as your men clock in and out of jobs in Mobile Manager it will update Mitchell SE and it will update the LPM website. Your men will be able to sign into individual jobs within a Repair order or the entire order if you don't want that amount of detail. If they are waiting for parts, on lunch break, working on their own cars, cleaning the shop or any number of user definable codes it will track it. I use this for my payroll and it has many detailed report as far as productivity, efficiency and many other things. It is something to think about. I love it. It cost me $99 a month but it saves me so much time and give me more insight, I am hoping eventually Bolt-On will do the same so I can eliminate the cost but for now I find it is worth it to me.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

On the docket is a total rewrite of WorkFlow Manager to make it more of the tool is should be. That requires the rewriting of the Report Pro Core ,which when combined with WFM is a undertaking we plan to do but will be requiring a fair amount of time to do. No ETA though it looks like this year.

I looked, and by no means am I a Mitchell expert-maybe one can chime in here, and I do not see a way of locking the labor as being requested (Again, I did not find it.) Many times what Mitchell can and cannot do does have an effect on what we can do until we figure away around it. But with the rewrite it is something to put into the mix. So I am adding it to the development list.

The current time clock is based on how Mitchell handles it with the jobs. The one that we are looking at will be a total time clock covering the whole day and everything that needs to be measured like lunch, property maintenance and such. This is expected to be part of WorkFlow Manager.

Just an aside you can now convert estimates to Repair Orders in Mobile Manager. This was the second highest requested item we have been asked to do and finally got it done after a work around was created.
To convert from Estimate to Work Order go to the ORDER screen on the tablet, tap on the Android vertical three dots at the upper right side of the screen. Bottom of the drop down menu select "Convert To Repair Order"..
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Mobile Manager”