Road Map

Mobile Manager Pro (tablets)
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Road Map

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

I have worked on development for multiple video games and we update with road maps when we are working on a large update so people don't think we have abandoned the game. I am wondering if you guys would willing to make a post for a road map of what you are planning when you expect it to be done what testing have been done. It would be nice to see what you are planning.

Thanks
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Road Map

Post by ricmorin »

Road maps are given to the production people, but not generally shared with end users. Way too many moving pieces. I wouldn't expect that to be shared; of course you never know unless you ask.... :D
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BenjaminPeterson

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

ricmorin wrote:Road maps are given to the production people, but not generally shared with end users. Way too many moving pieces. I wouldn't expect that to be shared; of course you never know unless you ask.... :D
Not always. So things they can give us ideas of when they are going to be completed.

Code: Select all

Time Clock
View Only Mode
Status Automation
Oil Change Reminder Removed From Calendar When Customer Get Oil Change Before Recommend Date
Static Cling Printer 
Oil Reset On Tablets Like On Desktop
Network Time Out
So on said road map they can give time lines of when they are thinking these would be added if they are in testing phase in general keep us up to date that they are spending time on this product instead of the other 15 different products they are trying to add. My personally feeling is that they have there coders to far stretched and kinda wondering how many actually developers are dedicated to this project alone.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

It would be kind of nice. But as an old forum dude let me explain how i can see this going for M1

Jan 1st 8am "hey guys/gals! Happy to announce we are adding a 'inter-office messaging' system. You will be able to send a message to any screen using Mitchell!!!" its in the early stages, it may be ready before the end of the year.

Jan 1st 830am. forum blows up with "thats awesome!" - "Can't wait" - "i love it"

Jan 2nd 10:00 is this ready yet?

Jan 3rd YOU SAID WE WOULD HAVE THIS SOON. I WANT THIS NOW

Just my opinion. We all want more goodies, we all want progress. But with that comes change, and man oh man we don't like that! A road map would be cool, but i can see that having all of the future plans out in the air gives competition a heads up. You sure don't see the "Big 3" showing off their 2020 products!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

LOL. So true!! At the end of the year, the 'where is it?' posts start flying again and apologies made, yadda, yadda, yadda. Priorities shift and things change. Too many detours to make a map useful to the end user IMO.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Would be nice to see what's on development's list of accepted items To-Date, not necessarily with timelines. I know I reported a few little things that drive me crazy but I don't know if they've moved from the forum to accepted development To-Do list.
Dan
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

The example above is a good one. You think you have a path mapped out but as soon as you get started you realize there are detours and other paths. So you have to turn on dime and it's all different.

There are always things in the works. When are they going to be released? What are they? I don't always know but they will come about and there will be celebrations and push back.

Think about it. Software actually lives in a way. Which makes it interesting on so many levels. For every piece of software built and released, there are so many new and different ideas that come about. It's crazy.

But one thing is certain, new software is on it's way.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Mobile Manager”