200 Club: Major Contributor

Message Pro Settings & More...

Post by MRISICH »

Message Pro Automation Configuration:
MP - Automation Configuration
MP - Automation Configuration
MP_Automation.JPG (23.74 KiB) Viewed 12657 times
Here the user sets up the automated text message to be sent to the vehicle owner in advance of an upcoming appointment. A new piece not shown here is a check box where the phrase "Reply C to Confirm" will be automatically added to this message. On the response the application will automatically add the word "CONFIRMED" to the scheduled notes.
MP - Main Screen
MP - Main Screen
MP_MainScreen.JPG (38.33 KiB) Viewed 12657 times
Main Screen, showing the recent text communication between the shop and customers
MP - Conversation Screen
MP - Conversation Screen
MP_ConversationScreen.JPG (33.27 KiB) Viewed 12657 times
This is the conversation screen, just like your phone when you are going back and fourth with a specific contact. you will see all incoming and outgoing messages under that customers profile.

In the settings setup section of Message Pro, you link your specific select phone title (Cellular, Mobile, Cell) to this module so the application knows where to look when interacting with a selected customer.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
crabtree1

Re: Message Pro Settings & More...

Post by crabtree1 »

we are beginning to use the message pro - we know that the lube sticker system will automatically set an appointment and send a message. Does the system send an appointment reminder to all customers on the schedule if they are not on the schedule from the lube pro. These would be the customers that were put onto the system by hand.
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Yes; All scheduled appointments regardless of how inserted into the management software will receive a text message reminder, as long as the customer has a cell phone in the management software.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Did you know that if you highlight a message and click delete (on the keyboard) you can delete any message out of Message Pro.
Message Pro And Delete Message
Message Pro And Delete Message
Message_Pro_And_Delete_Message.PNG (20.13 KiB) Viewed 12581 times
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Message Pro - New Feature: If you would like to force your customers to opt in to receiving text messages then you can enable Message Pro to auto send opt in messages. Once you configure a machine to send out these requests the software will automatically send out your opt in message. You can configure your opt in message right on the settings screen.

The software will send the opt in message instantly after you post an invoice. There will (may) come a time where this feature will auto turn on for you and will be the normal process of initializing communication between the shop and the vehicle owner.
Message Pro - Mobile User Opt In
Message Pro - Mobile User Opt In
Message_Pro_MobileOptIn.png (14.37 KiB) Viewed 12569 times
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Did you know that you can send a quick text message to someone without looking them up in your customer list. Just simply click on new message and then type in the phone number and message and click send.
Message Pro and New Message
Message Pro and New Message
Message_Pro_NewMessage.png (22.75 KiB) Viewed 12558 times
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Is this system being shown/taught at the Shop Management Workshops? I would LOVE to do this, how ever It would all be on me to set it up and get it running. I am pretty sure I'd need a hand getting it rolling.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There are some off line discussions during workshop events and Mike was even in attendance for Atlantic City last year. Workshop focus remains on the SMS as the primary training objective.

The good news is that the concepts are fairly simple once the setup (also simple) is done. I put 30 FAQs in the Knowledgebase recently and corrosponding videos are forthcoming.

ProPack FAQs in Knowledgebase: http://www.mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/ ... .php?id=21
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Boss!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Setting up a simple "Vehicle Approval" text message template
Message Pro and Vehicle Approval Text Message Template
Message Pro and Vehicle Approval Text Message Template
Message_Pro_New_VehicleApproval_Template.png (26.49 KiB) Viewed 12536 times
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

Just wondering if there was a way to search for customers by typing their last name in Message Manager Pro?

Propack button> Message Manager Pro Button> Contacts> Rolodex with letters> Choose letter> Then we have to search through the long list of names under that letter.

It would be really nice if we could start typing part of their last name or company name & it would only pop up a couple names.

Thanks, ARS
ARS

Post by ARS »

It would also be nice if the vehicles that the customers have would be listed in the Message Manager Pro > Contacts Window.

Thanks, ARS
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

If they have an order; you can go directly into that order and the application will recognize which customer you are on.
Search function in the rolodex has been added to our enhancement list.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
alloutrepair
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by alloutrepair »

1. vehicle is not populating in my texts...

2. some messages have taken quite a while to show up in the system...

3. is there a way to get these messages to show up on a mobile devise?

4. is there a way for a customer to un-do an 'opt-out'?
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***
ARS

Post by ARS »

I agree with this... I would like to find out the answers to these.. esp. #1 & 4...

#1- I send out texts to a customer that has multiple vehicles - he thinks they are all for his vehicle.. forgetting that the text for the next week is for is his wife's vehicle. So I have lost the ability to text to a couple customers- we moved them to a no texting line. If the vehicle would populate it may help with this issue. Also, the ability to text to multiple people in the same account would be really nice-- so i could send texts to the wife for her vehicle & the husband for his.

#4. When we first started this messaging program- my boss wrote STOP to see what would happen. So we can not send him texts anymore.. he would really like to get opt back in.
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Hello,

You can select a vehicle in the Lube Sticker Pro advanced scheduling process. More details are available in our "How Do I" document, which can be found here: http://boltontechnology.com/howdoi.pdf under the Configure Advanced Scheduling option.

Currently, Mitchell Manager does not set vehicle-specific appointments, so the only way to include a vehicle is through Lube Sticker Pro.

In terms of opting in to text messages, the universal messaging of "START" will opt a phone number back in to text messaging.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Our support team is here to answer any other questions, or provide assistance related to any of our products. Feel free to call us at 610-400-1019, or start a remote chat here: http://boltontechnology.com/support.html
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
alloutrepair

Post by alloutrepair »

This has nothing to do with 'Lube Sticker' or scheduling, it was relating to Messaging.
Thank you for the answer on #4, but could you please add comments to 1-3 as they relate to Messaging sent to customers?

Thanks!
~Jen
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

*** Not challenging everyone, just thinking outside the box in an attempt to make life easier! ***
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Hi Jen,

1. The [Vehicle] merge tag in Message Pro will merge the Year Make Model when the following conditions are met:
a. It must be an auto appointment reminder text message (manual text messages do not merge since they revolve around a phone number and phone numbers do not have a vehicle related to them)
b. The auto appointment reminder text message must have been created by Lube Sticker Pro automation. (Manually scheduled appointments do not have a vehicle related to them. Lube Sticker Pro creates the Appointment-Vehicle relationship)
2. One workstation must be designated as the Auto Send/Receive computer. This workstation will check for new messages every 30 seconds while messaging activity is present. Occasionally text messages will sit in a queue on the carriers' platforms, but this typically is not more than 15 minutes. Additional investigation can be done via a remote support session if needed at http://boltontechnology.com/support.html
3. Message Manager Pro is a desktop program and does not have mobile app for texting, however, we do offer Mobile Manager Pro, which currently has Team Chat for inter-office communication and can currently send a text message to the customer via the Message Manager Pro platform.

I hope this answers your questions. Please reach out to our support team at 610-400-1019 or start a remote session should you have further questions.

Thanks!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
alloutrepair

Post by alloutrepair »

Thanks for explaining the requirements.

Unfortunately, I did not plan, and am not currently using the auto appointment settings of manager/propack, I guess I will not be able to benefit from this feature.

Although, I will add that it seems odd to me that I have to have a repair order open to send one of the 'quick messages' and I can't use all of the related information.
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

alloutrepair

Post by alloutrepair »

Awesome to see that this has been fixed, and the customer's appropriate vehicle is now filling in.. sometimes... but that's better than never! :)

Jennifer
THANKS!
~Jennifer~

Return to “Message Pro”