BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Oil Change Stickers

Post by nickscarcare »

So with the Dymo 450 turbo what labels are you using so they come off the window and not stick terribly? This is the one I am looking at.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

This is a question I think best answered by the masses. What is your "real life" experience? Please share.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I was hoping the masses would respond. I have not used any, I am buying one.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I don't know if this will help but I have the same printer. I used the stckers recommended by Bolt On fro key tags. They are a low tack sticker and hold up very well and are not hard to get off later. I am sorry but I don't know the brand but I am sure someone there can tell you. I use a printer I had previously for oil change stickers. I am not sure but maybe you can use yours as a dual function machine.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I do not need it for anything besides lof stickers. Just want it to look better than my hand writing. The arthritis and cerebral palsy get messy sometimes.

507-345-6425
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I tried the label writer 450 and it did not work well. It was recommended to me by whomever was doing it for Mitchell at the time. I wanted to buy the static label machine but they said it was hard to set up and made it sound like a royal pain. The stickers had to be removed with razor blades and faded easily. I would never recommend it to anyone. Static labels are the only way I would go I'm leary of getting another machine at this point but I know I need to.
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

brianp87 wrote:I tried the label writer 450 and it did not work well. It was recommended to me by whomever was doing it for Mitchell at the time. I wanted to buy the static label machine but they said it was hard to set up and made it sound like a royal pain. The stickers had to be removed with razor blades and faded easily. I would never recommend it to anyone. Static labels are the only way I would go I'm leary of getting another machine at this point but I know I need to.
Agreed. Is bolt on making any progress to add more options for printers?
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

While we have bolt on - we haven't been using the oil change sticker printing option yet.

We do currently have a stand alone printer like this https://www.estampeinc.com/oil-change-accessories.html . We were using the static cling stickers, but had a problem with them falling off in the summer & winter from the humidity. We are now using the light adhesive ones & they are holding up much better.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

So Brian, are you using any machine at the time. I also have looked at some others, Brother, Zebra? not sure how they work

507-345-6425
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.01 KiB) Viewed 60120 times
Some insight....

The number one bought printer is the NDS model displayed here with either type of sticker. The printer is just $99.

Stickers are affected by the weather in the parts of the US they are used in. Seems like a trial and error method. This is why I requested help from the forum.

Thanks to all who have chimed in.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Is that not the Dymo 450?

507-345-6425
BedfordAutoClinic
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by BedfordAutoClinic »

We have the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo along with the recommended low tack stickers from the company that Bolt On has on the site!

WORKS FLAWLESS - using emphasis because for us it does work flawless, we are in Indiana and weather gets cold & hot, and so far no issues with fade or issues with them coming off!

Hope this helps
Bedford Auto Clinic
Facebook: Bedford Auto Clinic
Twitter: @TedsBedfordAuto
Google+: Bedford Auto Clinic
http://www.bedfordautoclinic.xyz
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

nickscarcare wrote:So Brian, are you using any machine at the time. I also have looked at some others, Brother, Zebra? not sure how they work

I am not until I find something that works as good as what we have made.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

brianp87 wrote:
nickscarcare wrote:So Brian, are you using any machine at the time. I also have looked at some others, Brother, Zebra? not sure how they work

I am not until I find something that works as good as what we have made. The NDS 260 in the image provided were garbage in my opinion. I was told they would be easily removed with light adhesive but basically they are paper and they require a razor to remove on anything after 4 months. We have no issues with static clings here as long as its a clean window which I clean everyone in the shop anyways.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

BedfordAutoClinic wrote:We have the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo along with the recommended low tack stickers from the company that Bolt On has on the site!

WORKS FLAWLESS - using emphasis because for us it does work flawless, we are in Indiana and weather gets cold & hot, and so far no issues with fade or issues with them coming off!

Hope this helps
Which ones in his image do you use?
BedfordAutoClinic

brianp87 wrote:
BedfordAutoClinic wrote:We have the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo along with the recommended low tack stickers from the company that Bolt On has on the site!

Hope this helps
Which ones in his image do you use?
We use the Dymo LabelWriter 450 (Turbo) not in the picture but from my understanding virtually the same printer/
The sticker we use is NDS-260 - When calling the company to order this label, we were told they have different adhesive that makes it easily removable, which it has and they stick very well, obviously I have my maintenance done here of course, so on my vehicle and my daughters vehicle the sticker holds up fine, and last couple of times removing was a breeze?

This of course is my opinion. We are not even using razor blades.

Just went back through your post and realize that you were using the same as us and was told the same thing looks like, but for us we have had ZERO issues? Weird huh? Maybe you had a bad roll or something because have been nothing like that!
Bedford Auto Clinic
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

That's wild cause that is the same setup I tried. Maybe they changed the labels since I tried them.
BedfordAutoClinic

brianp87 wrote:That's wild cause that is the same setup I tried. Maybe they changed the labels since I tried them.
I know right, we did a lot of research before even getting the whole set up with bolt on, the inspection and everything!

Right now I would have to say we are pretty happy!

But for sure on the labels, we (knock on wood) have not had any issues.

Hope it works out for you though!
Bedford Auto Clinic
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

We started out using the 450. NEVER had an issue with the labels sticking and we're in East Texas (extreme colds and hots). We did however have issues with fading.

We ended up upgrading to the GoDex printer. Now those stickers aren't that hard to get off with a fingernail, but they almost always leave behind a sticky residue :/ And the print quality is questionable. Sometimes they look faded as soon as they print. We usually just lift the cover, blow out whatever collects in there (looks like pieces of the labels) and turn the ribbon a little.

Return to “Lube Sticker Pro”