Latest Update - Lost Factory Intervals

Oil change sticker software & printers
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Latest Update - Lost Factory Intervals

Post by ricmorin »

A new version was pushed out on 2/15/18. What happened to Lube Sticker picking up the vehicle's factory service interval? Now all we have is the three options that mirror the tablet. We like using the factory interval. Are we now relegated to looking this up?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Latest Update - Lost Factory Intervals

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Our source for the OEM intervals is going away.
Trying to balance something removed with something else useful, we opted to make the new set up available and add a few more flexibility settings.

A way to have the info on each vehicle permanently would be to create a custom oil change interval each time you look it up so it is always there in the future. See below.

One way to continue to use and set the OEM intervals on vehicles you change the oil on, you can enter the information as needed in Custom Interval part of the Lube Sticker Pro main window. To do this, have the current RO opened and start Lube Sticker Pro, click on the circle in front of “Custom Interval” to open the editing window. Enter “OEM Recommended” in Oil Type and the OEM suggested Odometer and Day Intervals in the proper fields and click on OK to save. In the open field, under the Print button, you can enter the oil weight and/or type. Once you click Print after completing this information, it will be permanently connected to this vehicle so you will not have to enter the information again. Each subsequent oil change interval for this vehicle will be based on these settings unless changed.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Our source for the OEM intervals is going away.
Trying to balance something removed with something else useful, we opted to make the new set up available and add a few more flexibility settings.

A way to have the info on each vehicle permanently would be to create a custom oil change interval each time you look it up so it is always there in the future. See below.

One way to continue to use and set the OEM intervals on vehicles you change the oil on, you can enter the information as needed in Custom Interval part of the Lube Sticker Pro main window. To do this, have the current RO opened and start Lube Sticker Pro, click on the circle in front of “Custom Interval” to open the editing window. Enter “OEM Recommended” in Oil Type and the OEM suggested Odometer and Day Intervals in the proper fields and click on OK to save. In the open field, under the Print button, you can enter the oil weight and/or type. Once you click Print after completing this information, it will be permanently connected to this vehicle so you will not have to enter the information again. Each subsequent oil change interval for this vehicle will be based on these settings unless changed.
Interesting. You may want to share that with your support people. That information was not offered while on the phone with them yesterday.

Question: Does the program remember the other selections or only the custom selection?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Auto Repair Coach

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Yes. The last oil type chosen is kept for that vehicle. So if you have conventional as a oil type and choose it. Next time LSP is opened, its already selected.

Funny thing is that yesterday I shared this with the staff, maybe it was before I did this.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/

Return to “Lube Sticker Pro”