Messenger Notifications

Customizable reports & inspections
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Messenger Notifications

Post by SKLINE17 »

Just wondering if there is anything you can add to messenger to make it easier for me or anyone to know if someone sends them a message? My example would be Facebook Messenger leaves a little bubble on the screen with the persons picture and a number for the number of unread messages from that person. It pops up on the screen when you get a new message and you can delete it off the screen when you read it or just leave it on there. We really haven't used the individual chat too often because it wastes time to go in to the messages and find out it was not for you anyway. Hope this is coming across correctly and not too confusing. Let me know if you have any questions.
SKLINE17

Re: Messenger Notifications

Post by SKLINE17 »

This should have gone under the messenger section. Sorry, don't know if you can move it or not.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Messanger Notifications

Post by Rich »

it can be set up to send you an email.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
SKLINE17

Post by SKLINE17 »

Then that's another thing they have to click to get in to. Just trying to find the most efficient way here. I don't want to step on toes here, but what I have seen with autovitals is awesome. I want to stick with Bolt On as I like what we have with it, just not working how I would like it to.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ok, Sorry, I read that wrong. I was thinking you meant when some one sent you a "PM" here in the forums.

I agree, and have brought up an idea. Would be awesome to be able to send a message to some one via M1. Like when you see another SA fumbling to put a name on a customers face, you know it, just send them a quick PM..."his name if Hank Williams." or send one to a tech out back..."Got the go ahead on the brakes, parts will be here soon"
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by MRISICH »

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to me, that is something we can already do for you. Message Manager sends you a pop up on your screen to alert you that a customer responded back to your text message. For this feature to work you must make sure you have everything set up the proper way.

1) Message Manager
2) Settings
3) General
4) Make sure you have the two boxes checked:
Show Team Chat Notifications On This Computer
Play Notification Sound On New Messages

You can also respond back to the customer in that pop up too.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.79 KiB) Viewed 7186 times
I hope this helps!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
SKLINE17

Post by SKLINE17 »

Reading through my first post I now see I didn't clarify too well. Looking for something better to pop up on the tablets. On all of our computers it works well, just not the tablets. Please call me if it is easier to chat about it. Shop # 715-688-2166
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

Agree 100%. We don't use team chat because of this and because they show every time someone completes an ro, inspection, est, etc... We instead use LAN messenger on a laptop in the shop that plays a LOUD old school telephone ring when they receive a message and has flashing icon along the bottom. Other techs don't need to know when someone else just started an inspection or completed an RO
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

Good Afternoon,
Following up on this post:

• Message Pro is built on a SMS platform. This means that it is not an IM platform. Due to this, it is not using a Peer to Peer connection and therefore the program cannot be aware that another device may be typing in a message box.
• There is Individual Chat that is available for two people to send messages between themselves.
• Regarding Notifications
Message Pro is a native Android App and not a website so it uses the Android notification system. The Android notification system includes the following
Push Notification to the notification bar located at the top of the Android screen
If the device settings are set to play a sound for notifications then a sound is played (Remember that the device volume must also be turned up to hear it)
If the device settings are set to light up the notification light, then the notification light flashes

As for status automation notification on repair orders and inspections a new feature request has been created to only send notifications to devices assigned to members of that invoice and/or inspection. I have included your shop email to the request so you can follow the status of your request.

I hope this helps.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
SKLINE17

Post by SKLINE17 »

MRISICH wrote:Good Afternoon,
Following up on this post:

• Message Pro is built on a SMS platform. This means that it is not an IM platform. Due to this, it is not using a Peer to Peer connection and therefore the program cannot be aware that another device may be typing in a message box.
• There is Individual Chat that is available for two people to send messages between themselves.
• Regarding Notifications
Message Pro is a native Android App and not a website so it uses the Android notification system. The Android notification system includes the following
Push Notification to the notification bar located at the top of the Android screen
If the device settings are set to play a sound for notifications then a sound is played (Remember that the device volume must also be turned up to hear it)
If the device settings are set to light up the notification light, then the notification light flashes

As for status automation notification on repair orders and inspections a new feature request has been created to only send notifications to devices assigned to members of that invoice and/or inspection. I have included your shop email to the request so you can follow the status of your request.

I hope this helps.
Awesome thanks for the update and I look forward to the new changes!
MRISICH

Post by MRISICH »

It is my pleasure!
Hope you have a great 4th of July!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019