How do I Change Content, Size/Color, Placement?

Customizable reports & inspections
hbt1959

How do I Change Content, Size/Color, Placement?

Post by hbt1959 »

How do I change the content, size/color, and placement for the two sections noted by the orange arrows?

Thanks.
Attachments
06302016a.jpg
06302016a.jpg (212.28 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
Nelson D. Beverly
Contact@HarrellAndBeverly.com
Harrell & Beverly Transmissions & Auto Repair
Office: 407-322-8415 / Fax: 407-322-8416
209 West 25th Street, Sanford, FL 32771
Family Owned Since 1959
http://www.HarrellAndBeverly.com
MRISICH
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: How do I Change Content, Size/Color, Placement?

Post by MRISICH »

Hello Nelson,

That is a great question. I have asked John Burkhauser our Director of Educational Programs to reach out to you, at this time John informed me that he left a message on your voicemail. If you could please return John's call, his number is 610-400-1019 ext. 137.

Hope you have a great 4th of July!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by murraymotive »

hbt1959 wrote:How do I change the content, size/color, and placement for the two sections noted by the orange arrows?

Thanks.
When you get the answer would you mind posting here? I've asked the question before without reply.
hbt1959

Post by hbt1959 »

Our shop is in the process of switching from Quickbooks to M1 for our shop management system...we are not yet live with M1 - hence all of our questions.

Our shop takes pride in having estimates and invoices that are effortless to read and understand (which we've been able to accomplish in QB); and our customers routinely comment that our estimates and invoices are so much clearer than other shops.

Currently, the limited options I have access to in Report Pro don't allow our shop to live up to our customer's expectations the way we would like.

I talked with John about this but the feedback wasn't very useful. The only way we, the users, can change anything (layout, font, size, etc...) is to purchase Crystal Reports and use it to do what we envision...but John said that unless we really know how to use Crystal Reports (which I don't), we may mess up how Report Pro and M1 function.

Since I am unable to change the forms in Report Pro the way I would like, here is my workaround:

Being that our shop is in Florida, I dug into the state laws (FS559.905) about what needs to be on an estimate: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 9.905.html

The above statute is divided into 6 sections. The 1st section lists the items required to be ON an estimate. The 2nd section describes the disclosure statement that must be presented to a customer, along with the size 12 font requirement and that it has to be blocked.

The 4th section describes what must be presented to the customer and says the following, "The disclosure statement may be provided on the same form as the written repair estimate." The use of the word "may" indicates that the disclosure statement can be on another piece of paper and NOT part of the actual estimate itself.

So, what I have done is take all of the requirements listed in section 1 and include them in our custom disclosure statement for estimates. Then I unchecked the "Show State-specific Sections" option inside ReportPro. Thus, our estimates now include all state required items and we'll use the separate disclosure sheet when the need arises.

This workaround seems to be the best way to keep our estimates clean and easy to read in order to continue to live up to our customer's expectations...but it would still be nice to have more control over layout, font size and type, etc...again, this would ideally be built into ReportPro in an easy to use manner for the end user.
Nelson D. Beverly
Contact@HarrellAndBeverly.com
Harrell & Beverly Transmissions & Auto Repair
Office: 407-322-8415 / Fax: 407-322-8416
209 West 25th Street, Sanford, FL 32771
Family Owned Since 1959
http://www.HarrellAndBeverly.com

Return to “Report Pro”