Weekly Breakdown

Customizable reports & inspections
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Weekly Breakdown

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Could you add a report for weekly breakdown of sales/invoiced before and after taxes. Maybe add profit margins.
Auto Repair Coach
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Weekly Breakdown

Post by Auto Repair Coach »

Mr. Peterson,
We should be able to build that report.

In Report Pro go to Help and you will see Request a Report. Please click on this and describe exactly what you are looking for. What inputs and outputs that you wish to have along with the format of the out put you'd like. When done, send this email to us and we will look into it and give you the answer whether it is possible or not.

Just to be up front, if there is a fair amount of work required to build this report, there will be a fee that we will make you aware of up front before building. Also note that this report will be shared with other users when completed just as the current list gas been built, paid for and shared by other shops.

I hope this helps.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

JB, I know it will vary from report to report, but could you give us some idea of what an average report costs to have built?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

If it helps, the last time I made a request like this they wanted 200 dollars to make a report. I declined.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
motley06

Post by motley06 »

:o I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm looking for a report that would total up unsold revisions for a vehicle and add them to the invoice total, giving me a total dollar figure of what could have potentially been sold if the customer said yes to everything vs what was actually sold. This would give me a closing ratio for the advisor

Manually tracking on a spreadsheet gets old and is easy to forget to update when you get busy
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I guess I'm a little uncomfortable with the part where the report that I pay for becomes available to everyone. Does that sound equitable? I pay for a report that ends up being available to everyone and Bolt-On benefits from it. Hmmmm. Our monthly fees are not enough?

Please someone set me straight if I am misunderstanding this.
there will be a fee that we will make you aware of up front before building. Also note that this report will be shared with other users when completed just as the current list gas been built, paid for and shared by other shops.
603-622-6434 x203

Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:Could you add a report for weekly breakdown of sales/invoiced before and after taxes. Maybe add profit margins.
This report may not be that difficult. What data values would you want in the report columns, with respect to taxes, you want an invoice total with and without taxes?
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
BenjaminPeterson

Johnny5 wrote:
BenjaminPeterson wrote:Could you add a report for weekly breakdown of sales/invoiced before and after taxes. Maybe add profit margins.
This report may not be that difficult. What data values would you want in the report columns, with respect to taxes, you want an invoice total with and without taxes?
Pretty sure most of us would want both but if it is easier without.
Auto Repair Coach wrote:Mr. Peterson,
We should be able to build that report.

In Report Pro go to Help and you will see Request a Report. Please click on this and describe exactly what you are looking for. What inputs and outputs that you wish to have along with the format of the out put you'd like. When done, send this email to us and we will look into it and give you the answer whether it is possible or not.

Just to be up front, if there is a fair amount of work required to build this report, there will be a fee that we will make you aware of up front before building. Also note that this report will be shared with other users when completed just as the current list gas been built, paid for and shared by other shops.

I hope this helps.
Also with the reference towards the cost of doing that I have used multiple companies for software outside of work for server software. I have never once had a couple I pay a monthly fee for tell me I have to pay them to add something like this. I have never heard of a company charging someone for something then giving it to everyone else for free. I have to ask a honest question who actually thought this way of doing things was a good idea. I mean honestly really think about it. I pay you to make something custom for me then you release to everyone I just paid you to make a update that makes no sense.
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
Johnny5 wrote:
Pretty sure most of us would want both but if it is easier without.
I hope this helps.
Let me ask a different way: If I could add this report to appear in Manager SE's reports menu, what data (values) in columns would you want displayed in this report?
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Also with the reference towards the cost of doing that I have used multiple companies for software outside of work for server software. I have never once had a couple I pay a monthly fee for tell me I have to pay them to add something like this. I have never heard of a company charging someone for something then giving it to everyone else for free. I have to ask a honest question who actually thought this way of doing things was a good idea. I mean honestly really think about it. I pay you to make something customer for me then you release to everyone I just paid you to make a update that makes no sense.
My point exactly.

M1 (aka Johnny5) will most likely create this report for you. Just give him the details. They WON'T charge you and then share it with everyone. They'll just add it to the list.
603-622-6434 x203

Auto Repair Coach

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Please be aware that in this fine world we all live in that everything that is communicated can be interpreted in as many ways as the individuals that hear or read it.

The complete quote...

"Just to be up front, if there is a fair amount of work required to build this report, there will be a fee that we will make you aware of up front before building. Also note that this report will be shared with other users when completed just as the current list gas been built, paid for and shared by other shops."

Does that mean there will be a fee? Not necessarily. Will it be hard to build? Again, not necessarily. How will I know if there will be a fee? Please be aware up front that it is a possibility but cannot be determined until the full scope of the report is known and looked at. (Please add your additional questions that you realize and interpret here.) How many times have you had a similar discussion with your customers?

As to sharing the report, others have. As for using a built inspection that some one else paid for (or there was no fee.) Some of you may have.

So before I give an answer, I would like to understand and know what I am dealing with. I also want you to know what all the possible out comes that there may be. Will the worse case scenario occur? Maybe not, but I have tried to be clear on all the possibilities so that we are prepared.

Thanks Johnny5 for popping in (Johnny5--forgot about that movie. Oh and ,"hi"!) and offering your assistance.

If you wish for me to give an answer, I need to understand exactly what is needed for the report so it can be built to your expectations.

Have a great day!
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
BenjaminPeterson

Johnny5 wrote: Let me ask a different way: If I could add this report to appear in Manager SE's reports menu, what data (values) in columns would you want displayed in this report?
Labor , Parts, Sublet & RO #. Profit Amount/percentage for each item RO. So it can make it easier to figure out bonuses for our service writers.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Good Morning Gentlemen,

Please be aware that in this fine world we all live in that everything that is communicated can be interpreted in as many ways as the individuals that hear or read it.

The complete quote...

"Just to be up front, if there is a fair amount of work required to build this report, there will be a fee that we will make you aware of up front before building. Also note that this report will be shared with other users when completed just as the current list gas been built, paid for and shared by other shops."

Does that mean there will be a fee? Not necessarily. Will it be hard to build? Again, not necessarily. How will I know if there will be a fee? Please be aware up front that it is a possibility but cannot be determined until the full scope of the report is known and looked at. (Please add your additional questions that you realize and interpret here.) How many times have you had a similar discussion with your customers?

As to sharing the report, others have. As for using a built inspection that some one else paid for (or there was no fee.) Some of you may have.

So before I give an answer, I would like to understand and know what I am dealing with. I also want you to know what all the possible out comes that there may be. Will the worse case scenario occur? Maybe not, but I have tried to be clear on all the possibilities so that we are prepared.

Thanks Johnny5 for popping in (Johnny5--forgot about that movie. Oh and ,"hi"!) and offering your assistance.

If you wish for me to give an answer, I need to understand exactly what is needed for the report so it can be built to your expectations.

Have a great day!
The fact of whether you charge or not in this case is NOT the point. Your statement was that the report will be shared. Is that accurate or not?
603-622-6434 x203

Auto Repair Coach

Sorry that was not clear, I thought that was part of what started this thread.
In my experience, since I have started with BOT, the report will be shared.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
Auto Repair Coach

Mr. Peterson,
It was pointed out to me that the "Service Advisor Invoice Summary" may be the kind of report you are looking for. Check it out in Report Pro.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
Auto Repair Coach

All,
A clarification :shock: - And I am guilty of misunderstanding this - :shock: I apologize for my mistake an am sorry it took this long for me to know the answer.

All requests for reports are free as are the reports themselves and will be posted for all to use.
When requested, they will be added to the development queue along with the thousands of other feature requests we have and be developed in the order of deemed priority. Meaning they can be released today or sometime in the future and shared for the benefit of all.

A charge will be assessed, after approval by the requester, in situations where the priority of completion of one of these reports needs to be boosted by the requester. The report will be shared for all to use.
Custom requests, requiring prolonged development, will be determined on a one by one basis. Sharing these custom reports will reduce the cost of development whereas private reports will cost more.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
BenjaminPeterson

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Mr. Peterson,
It was pointed out to me that the "Service Advisor Invoice Summary" may be the kind of report you are looking for. Check it out in Report Pro.
Incorrect. One this does not give you a weekly break down and two this doesn't have overall sales.
Auto Repair Coach

OK. Just needed to check.
I'll see what can be done.
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
Auto Repair Coach

Weekly breakdown can be done by setting the dates and clicking on refresh button lower left side of Report Pro window.

And in total you are looking for the total for SA - 1, SA -2?
John Burkhauser

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019

Return to “Report Pro”