Nissan Not Listing Sub Model?

Check ProDemand before posting
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Nissan Not Listing Sub Model?

Post by nickscarcare »

I have a Nissan here that does not list a SL model. 1N4AL2AP0AC188494 is the vin and it says SL on the rear, has the SL option in Identifix.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Nissan Not Listing Sub Model?

Post by timbre4 »

That one sounded familiar; here is a thread from December: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=12288
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Looks like an SL version was available in 2010.
The 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL front-wheel-drive-only sedan is somewhat of an anomaly. Essentially a loaded version of the 2.5 S trim, the SL carries such additional amenities as 16-inch alloy wheels, leather upholstery, power-adjustable driver’s seat lumbar support, auto on/off headlights, Bose nine-speaker premium audio, a leather-wrapped shift knob, and a universal garage door opener. Classified as an Option Package by Nissan as well as many reviewers, the 2.5 SL is nonetheless the recipient of all the Altima’s higher-level optional equipment and accessories, including the Technology, Premium, and Convenience Packages, in addition to front fog/driving lights as a safety option.

Equipped with the identical 175-hp, 180-lb-ft/torque 2.5-liter inline four-cylinder engine (I4) as its lower-level siblings, the 2010 Altima 2.5 SL delivers 23/32 mpg under the management of its standard continuously variable transmission (CVT).
Looks like the base vehicle is the same as the S. Does yours have these features?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Yes it does have them, I do remember seeing this post now. Is Mitchell planning on changing their programming so it reflects the SL option?
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

nickscarcare wrote:Yes it does have them, I do remember seeing this post now. Is Mitchell planning on changing their programming so it reflects the SL option?
I'm sending it on to the VIN squad to make the determination. Wikipedia is feverishly detailed on these cars; it appears these were some kind of dealer level trim until recognized in 2012 or 2013 as a legit factory trim level model.

Also, can you share a screen grab of what Identifix actually shows? Thanks
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I have a little info for you, called the dealer they did some digging, it does come back to them as a S model, he did not have anymore answers than that.

507-345-6425
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Not sure how to do a screen shot, I am not pc geek, LOL, but in their drop down when I put in the VIN it does give the option of Altima, Altima S, or Altima SL.

507-345-6425
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

nickscarcare wrote:Not sure how to do a screen shot, I am not pc geek, LOL, but in their drop down when I put in the VIN it does give the option of Altima, Altima S, or Altima SL.
Good enough I'll pass that on.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “VIN Decode”