Schedule Adds New Customers To Database?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
ANTSAUTO1

Schedule Adds New Customers To Database?

Post by ANTSAUTO1 »

When scheduling a new customer with just a last name and number this scheduler automatically puts them in our customer database. What if they never show, we have to delete from database. There should be a new customers schedule tab, schedule tab and shop events tab. Because if customer never shows and reschedules again in a month there in the database again and so you end up with several names of same customer in database. You cant go through quote if a person calls with brake problem and you have not looked at vehicle and give them a quote. You need to schedule them first to look at vehicle. Right now I'm using shop events to schedule new customers.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Schedule Adds New Customers To Database?

Post by ricmorin »

Because if customer never shows and reschedules again in a month there in the database again and so you end up with several names of same customer in database.
This will not happen if you follow the correct steps. When scheduling a new customer, the program adds the name to the database. If they are a no show, no problem. If they call again and you ask for a name, you click on New Appointment and start typing their name in. If you have duplicates, you may be skipping this step.
name.png
name.png (15.15 KiB) Viewed 3338 times
Even if they tell you they have never been there before, you should do this step. I've had plenty of customers who SAY they've never been here before, but they have; they just don't remember. Happens all the time.

The computer never forgets. :D
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

We do not bother making appointments or estimates unless we have full name, phone number, car information, customers concern.

I'd prefer to get this info when the appointment is made to make the check in process quicker. Otherwise you have to do it while the customer and possibly other customers wait for you to do what could have already been done.

If they don't show up, you still have their information. This way you can document the no show. Sooner or later they will call again and the info will already be typed in.

If you ask them if they have been to your shop before and they say no, I still check to make sure they are not in the system. People can call multiple times without coming in.
ANTSAUTO1

Post by ANTSAUTO1 »

Thanks for reply and I do those things but customers don't always want to give all info. on phone and I do mailers and don't want to go through database to exclude all those from mailers because no address to save on ink and paper waste.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

ANTSAUTO1 wrote:Thanks for reply and I do those things but customers don't always want to give all info. on phone and I do mailers and don't want to go through database to exclude all those from mailers because no address to save on ink and paper waste.
No info? No appointment. Don't let your customers run the shop. Get it all and then you can market to them even if the are a no show. You never know, some of those no shows could turn into good customers some day.
603-622-6434 x203

ANTSAUTO1

Post by ANTSAUTO1 »

With 10-15 shops in a 5 mile radius cant afford to tell customers no info. no appt. In a perfect world that could work.
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

ANTSAUTO1 wrote:With 10-15 shops in a 5 mile radius cant afford to tell customers no info. no appt. In a perfect world that could work.
I understand 100% what you are saying. However, the customers that I make a lazy appointment with are normally the ones that do not show up. They do not feel committed. I am assuming you get some no shows or the issue that you are trying to fix would not be an issue at all. Don't get me wrong, I get no shows like everyone else. Out of approx 50 appointments a week I get about 5 no shows. I would prefer 10 solid appointments on my schedule per day than 15 wishy washy appointments that may not come in.

Ultimately, do what works for you. Just trying to help.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

This could also be an opportunity to stand out from all the other shops in the area. And in the process, actually reduce the number of no shows in the long run. A win-win. :D
603-622-6434 x203

Return to “Scheduler”