Scheduler Feedback 2016

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
acofgb

Re: Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by acofgb »

A few suggestions: I would like to be able to have the scheduler open in a full-screen view. When you try to schedule a new customer and type in their last name and first name, then click on new customer, the name fields are blank. They should self-populate with the name you just typed instead of having to type it again. When I am looking at the schedule in the full week view and want to switch to day view, it goes to the day that was last being edited, ie. if, in the week view I schedule someone for Friday and today is Tuesday, when I click on day view, it goes to Friday. It would be great if it would default to today. Even when in week view, then clicking on 'go to today', it should change to 'day view' of today only, instead of just selecting today on the week view. I hope that makes sense?

It would be nice to be able to access the settings menu directly from the scheduler, instead of having to go through Manager to do so....
Last edited by acofgb on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Scheduler Feedback & Requests

Post by Johnny5 »

acofgb wrote:. When I am looking at the schedule in the full week view and want to switch to day view, it goes to the day that was last being edited, ie. if, in the week view I schedule someone for Friday and today is Tuesday, when I click on day view, it goes to Friday. It would be great if it would default to today. Even when in week view, then clicking on 'go to today', it should change to 'day view' of today only, instead of just selecting today on the week view.
check out the 'RIGHT Click' option. While in Week View, move your mouse cursor over the day you want to return to, right click and select 'Go to This Day'
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Re:Scheduler Feedback & Requests

Post by Johnny5 »

acofgb wrote:A few suggestions: I would like to be able to have the scheduler open in a full-screen view. When you try to schedule a new customer and type in their last name and first name, then click on new customer, the name fields are blank. They should self-populate with the name you just typed instead of having to type it again.
Both areas are being looked at .. we especially want the Window to remember to open full screen if I so elect. The 'new' customer screen also has dev work being planned - including adding email address. If you do enter a new last and first name in the screen below - it will transfer to a customer record.
username.jpg
username.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 7792 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Johnny5 wrote:
acofgb wrote:. When I am looking at the schedule in the full week view and want to switch to day view, it goes to the day that was last being edited, ie. if, in the week view I schedule someone for Friday and today is Tuesday, when I click on day view, it goes to Friday. It would be great if it would default to today. Even when in week view, then clicking on 'go to today', it should change to 'day view' of today only, instead of just selecting today on the week view.
check out the 'RIGHT Click' option. While in Week View, move your mouse cursor over the day you want to return to, right click and select 'Go to This Day'
We discovered this today. Very nice.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

One other thing, not sure if it is by design or not.

If you skip ahead to say Feb 20th and make a new appointment, it automatically changes the date for the apt to Feb 20th.

If you skip ahead and make a new shop event, it always defaults to the current day, not the day you are viewing. So you have to manually change the day to which day you want even if you are currently viewing that particular day.

Kind of annoying that one does it and one does not. Is there a reason for that or can it be changed?
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Been using the new scheduler for a few days now. In our environment the schedule is fluid. Entering a customer on schedule should be as quick as possible. That said, entering an estimate for each entry just to have the "Total Order Order Hours" is extremely difficult, let alone when the customer moves their appointment. It would be easier and take less time if we could have a field where we could hand type the estimated hours for each job. This "estimated hours" field would then be calculated at the bottom of the Scheduler showing the estimated hours booked for the day.

Dan
Dan
GUTHTIRE

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by GUTHTIRE »

We're having difficulty printing a legible Schedule. Ideally, we would like (1) line per customer/vehicle in the schedule which lists the customer, scheduled arrival time, waiting or drop-off, vehicle yr/make/model, short detail of the job. We've noticed the Scheduled Events report however there doesn't appear to be a way to customize the report for our needs. Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Dan
Dan
ronananian

Post by ronananian »

real scenario---customer calls to schedule an oil change and service. "what am I due for?" is the question. It is a little clunk to go from the schedule screen, pull up her file, go to history and so on. It would seem to me the ability to pull the name up in schedule and go directly to her file is needed. A time saver and smoother transition to work from. The scheduler should be integrated more into the program rather than a stand alone as it is. Looking for other thoughts. Thanks
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

acofgb wrote:When you try to schedule a new customer and type in their last name and first name, then click on new customer, the name fields are blank. They should self-populate with the name you just typed instead of having to type it again.
Agreed. Manager itself acts this way too. Little things like this add up to big results overall.
603-622-6434 x203

acofgb

Post by acofgb »

Johnny5 wrote:
That is a nice workaround if you are in the Week View. However, that option is not available if you are in the Work Week View. Also, is it possible to make the notes not automatically print on the work order?
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by artadot »

If you click on the day you want to go to while in the work view then click day view it will go to that day
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
RobsImports

Post by RobsImports »

Wondering why when "all day" is selected the appointment takes up such a small place at the top of the selected day? Visually that leaves the technician available for other appointments to fill in. Wouldn't it be better to have an "all day" event/appointment fill all the technicians time slots for the chosen day(s).
Bill Coniam
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Bill Coniam »

RobsImports wrote:Wondering why when "all day" is selected the appointment takes up such a small place at the top of the selected day? Visually that leaves the technician available for other appointments to fill in. Wouldn't it be better to have an "all day" event/appointment fill all the technicians time slots for the chosen day(s).

Yeah, not a fan of the appt. across the top either.
Back in the saddle again
acofgb

Editing Appointment Times

Post by acofgb »

I find it difficult to edit the appointment time. I find myself trying to hit tab between the hour and minutes. I found that you need to use the arrow keys to go between hour and minute and you can use the up arrow to go between am and pm. I don't have a suggestion how to improve this, but it is "bulky" or "chunky" the way it is now.
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

acofgb wrote:I find it difficult to edit the appointment time. I find myself trying to hit tab between the hour and minutes. I found that you need to use the arrow keys to go between hour and minute and you can use the up arrow to go between am and pm. I don't have a suggestion how to improve this, but it is "bulky" or "chunky" the way it is now.
I agree. If you could just click in the hour box and type in 0130p for 1:30 pm that would be great. Tab doesn't work. You have to click in each box and type in the time.

For now you have to click on the hour, type 01 click on the minute, type 30 click on the am/pm and click a or p. If you have to fix both start and end time that is 6 clicks. I normally use the number pad on the right side of the keyboard with my right hand and the mouse with my right hand. So during this operation my left hand is bored. Normally I would be hitting the tab button with my left and punching numbers with my right.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

BERGMANS1 wrote:
acofgb wrote:I find it difficult to edit the appointment time. I find myself trying to hit tab between the hour and minutes. I found that you need to use the arrow keys to go between hour and minute and you can use the up arrow to go between am and pm. I don't have a suggestion how to improve this, but it is "bulky" or "chunky" the way it is now.
I agree. If you could just click in the hour box and type in 0130p for 1:30 pm that would be great. Tab doesn't work. You have to click in each box and type in the time.

For now you have to click on the hour, type 01 click on the minute, type 30 click on the am/pm and click a or p. If you have to fix both start and end time that is 6 clicks. I normally use the number pad on the right side of the keyboard with my right hand and the mouse with my right hand. So during this operation my left hand is bored. Normally I would be hitting the tab button with my left and punching numbers with my right.
I pointed this out on December 23rd in this thread. Very awkward entry of times. Right arrow works, tab does not.
603-622-6434 x203

acofgb

Post by acofgb »

I am warming up to the new scheduler......

Another question and a suggestion: I have found that I normally use the 'Day View'. Some of the appointments show the notes along with the customer name and time of appointment. Others show the customer name along with appointment time, while others only show the customer name at the time of appointment. I don't understand why they appear different. I get it that some of them do not have any notes... but why do the times show on some and others not? That is the question... here is the suggestion: When I mouse-over the appointment, the box that comes up shows me the notes if there are any. If there are no notes because I used the canned jobs to schedule the appointment, nothing shows. So then I have to open the appointment to see what they are coming in for. It would be nice if the canned job would show in the mouse-over window.
nessauto

Setup Scheduler Default View?

Post by nessauto »

I'm going throught the scheduler and I have a couple things I'd like to default.

1) I would like to default it to Technician view. I noticed it sometimes remembers it but sometimes doesn't. Is there a way to default this view.

2) We have a few employees that are not scheduled however they need to be placed in the technician list for when they perform work. For instance a service writer also has a technician status. If he fixes a tire he needs to be assigned to the tire repair. Is there a way to set the default so only the technicians that are scheduled show up in the default list?
ricmorin

Re: Setup Scheduler Default View?

Post by ricmorin »

1. From my interaction and testing, the Schedule opens in the same view as I closed it. Is this not occurring for you? Also, you can leave the schedule open all the time, unlike the old schedule.

2. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. You set up how/when technicians are displayed in the Scheduler via the Technicians Setup, using the Hours tab. Go to Configurations>Technicians Setup>Edit>Hours to enter the hours and where they will display as available.
603-622-6434 x203

nessauto

Re: Setup Scheduler Default View?

Post by nessauto »

The scheduler is starting to remember how we left it.

To get certain technicians not to show up on the scheduler I marked them inactive on the technician setup. They are still available to assign to a repair order if needed. But they don't have a scheduling spot for them.

Return to “Scheduler”