Scheduling - Manager 7.0

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Scheduling - Manager 7.0

Post by Johnny5 »

I am very excited to announce our first release of a new scheduling module will be ready for preview at AAPEX this year. It has been a long road encompassing a lot of hard work by programmers, quality assurance engineers, graphic designers and our own IT staff. The new scheduler uses an interface similar to Microsoft Outlook. This new schedule takes nothing away from how you may have used the existing scheduler, it adds to it significantly. We will provide a pre-release tutorial at https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-803 for those of you that wish to become early adopters (watch for a sign up form soon to be published).

Scheduler Editor:

Schedule:
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Re: Scheduling - Manager 7.0

Post by Johnny5 »

Nice little extra:
option.gif
option.gif (41.51 KiB) Viewed 9498 times
Retired - Mitchell1
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by SKLINE17 »

Wow that's awesome! I can't wait. It would make it so much easier and keep Mitchell with an upper hand on the others. This has been one thing I have hated about Mitchell and almost switched because of it, but there were too many other good things that kept me. Any date for release set at this point yet? Or are we talking a month, 6 months a year?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I can tell you that we are now far enough along that I have a functional version 7.0 installed on a PC as of yesterday to determine the SE Help text and video requirements. We will be showcasing it at AAPEX in 3 weeks and expect to begin deployment not too long after. I have to qualify a couple things; first thing is that version 7.0 will NOT run on Windows XP (that's one of the reasons we have the alert banner above). One concern we have to address is that users are using the current Schedule module in different levels and degrees. To address this, we've discussed a signup page for those who understand the requirements and specifically want to be in the early group to receive it.

More specifics soon.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:I can tell you that we are now far enough along that I have a functional version 7.0 installed on a PC as of yesterday to determine the SE Help text and video requirements. We will be showcasing it at AAPEX in 3 weeks and expect to begin deployment not too long after. I have to qualify a couple things; first thing is that version 7.0 will NOT run on Windows XP (that's one of the reasons we have the alert banner above). One concern we have to address is that users are using the current Schedule module in different levels and degrees. To address this, we've discussed a signup page for those who understand the requirements and specifically want to be in the early group to receive it.

More specifics soon.
If we have 2 computers ( 1 with Windows 7 and another with windows XP) would we be able to update to 7.0 on the Windows 7 computer and keep the most recent 6.xx.xx update?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

All workstations need to run the same version, so no. Best to get rid of any XP machines for more reasons than just this.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:All workstations need to run the same version, so no. Best to get rid of any XP machines for more reasons than just this.
Working on that as we speak, just was curious if they needed to be same or not, so roughly 4-6 weeks until we see that update?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

It'll likely be a significantly longer time frame before version 7.0 is generally available. We're currently working to get 6.6.10 out to everyone to provide another channel to notify users about the end of XP and Vista support.
M1 Product Manager
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Love the videos. Got maybe a dumb question. In the first video you showed how you can enter a canned job and then notes. We don't use a ton of canned jobs. Say someone comes in for a LOF, Front brake job and a rattle over bumps when turning to the left and the wipers don't wipe well. I have a LOF canned job, I have a FBJ canned brake job. How do i enter the Rattle and Wiper issues? I can see I can get one on the estimate/RO using notes. But how does one get the 2nd one on? I am going to do my best to get this place using the electronic schedule as I see in the future going with CRM and would like to get things rolling.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Rich,

If I understand your questions correctly, you have 2 Canned Jobs and a symptom basically? You can add both canned jobs in the appt. and a note. In the initial rollout, you'd start your estimate straight away from the appointment, and use your symptoms on the order window like you would now, or at least you'd have the note on there to remind you.

We're in discussions already about continued enhancements, and perhaps the ability to use Symptoms straight on the appointment will be one.
M1 Product Manager
DEVIND52

Post by DEVIND52 »

Nice enhancement...can"t wait.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Different color for the last seven of the vin. Looking for the Smilies for thrilled. May already be in use now and I don't know it and if it is I want to know how to install it. Right now I feel so far behind the rest of the group because I'm still working with what I basically started with years ago unless any changes have been done automatically. I know I didn't volunteer to do any because I resist any change and when I say resist I mean resist. I have the same wife, children, diplomas, shot guns, and one year chip. The last four are etched in stone while the last one is etched in my heart.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
SKLINE17
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by SKLINE17 »

timbre4 wrote:I can tell you that we are now far enough along that I have a functional version 7.0 installed on a PC as of yesterday to determine the SE Help text and video requirements. We will be showcasing it at AAPEX in 3 weeks and expect to begin deployment not too long after. I have to qualify a couple things; first thing is that version 7.0 will NOT run on Windows XP (that's one of the reasons we have the alert banner above). One concern we have to address is that users are using the current Schedule module in different levels and degrees. To address this, we've discussed a signup page for those who understand the requirements and specifically want to be in the early group to receive it.

More specifics soon.
We would be willing to be a tester. We are running windows 8 and 10 on our computers. Let me know if we can help!
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Sneak Peak: Scheduled Event Report (still being worked on)
printout.jpg
printout.jpg (217.15 KiB) Viewed 8456 times
Retired - Mitchell1
wrench27

Post by wrench27 »

Please sign me up for beta testing - Ive been waiting for this for like 10 years now :)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We will have some kind of sign-up page posted after we get back from AAPEX/SEMA
Tim McDonnell -
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:We will have some kind of sign-up page posted after we get back from AAPEX/SEMA
Definitely count me in for BETA
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

When do you anticipate the release of this?

Will it integrate into my mobile manager so techs would be able to see what they have for Jobs for the day?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

In 3-4 weeks - as stated above we want to publish a sign-up page to determine who gets it first. That way other folks have time to get used to the idea (AND replace any XP/Vista PCs before they can use the schedule).

We would expect to work from the Scheduler data on the MMP tablets.
Tim McDonnell -
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

As ROs are updated with the labor tech, will the scheduler reflect the changes?

Return to “Scheduler”