Scheduler 7.0.3 Update

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by Silky7 »

DougerM wrote:Awesome job!!! Having a little difficulty with an appointment that started this morning and will roll over into tomorrow morning for completion. I tried changing the end time, and I tried click & drop, but I can't figure out how to make this appointment display correctly in the schedule. Any advice?? Thanks again for the great job. Can you tell how pleased I am??

We are making separate entries for overflow work that equal the remaining time on the job. At the moment, it seems the easiest and most accurate method.
Thanks for the feedback. Simply changing the end time should cause the appointment to wrap into the next morning.
apptwrap.png
apptwrap.png (56.17 KiB) Viewed 8671 times
M1 Product Manager
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

A sneak peak at v 7.0.3 appointment screen
703calendar.jpg
703calendar.jpg (236.67 KiB) Viewed 8526 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

More sneak peeks
703calendar2.jpg
703calendar2.jpg (171.81 KiB) Viewed 8679 times
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Scheduler 7.0.3 Update

Post by Johnny5 »

For you techno junkies, the lastest build 7.03 is available at m1files.com - the actual link is http://m1faqs.com/assets/downloadmanage ... php?id=703 , this incremental version includes:

V 7.0.3
Fixed Employee Editor - Phone Mask was causing error loading technicians
Fixed LOF & Symptoms not correctly selecting items
  • Fixed issues editing phone number on Customer Tab and Telephone Dialog
    Handle purging estimates where there was an appointment for the estimate - appointment remains behind and can be deleted or updated
    Improved followup appointment prompting when posting orders from the WIP
    Changing vehicle ownership now prompts to select new tax settings (use customer's or vehicle's)
    XCharge - Added support for configuring user name & password within Manager
    Invoice Hours Report Updated
    Corrected hazmat showing in totals
    Increased font size in part and labor description
    Updated Recommendation Dialog to make the Category drop down more apparent
    Added Order Hours to Appointment Editor
    Added Order Hour totals to Scheduler Views
    Added Appointment end time rolling over to the next business day that fits within the amount of Order hours (may span several days/weekends)
    Appointment end time updated (incremented or decremented) when RO's Order Hours change
7.0.4 is being planned right now:
We will stop using RepairOrder.ScheduledDate and RepairOrder.ScheduledHours, instead use (if it exists) Schedule.Start (and OrderHours)… if it hasn’t been scheduled, it seems to me that it should then show blank (since it wasn’t scheduled). We might also show schedule status in that same column (so one can tell it’s open/closed at a glance). We want to add color coding to Schedule.Status visible in the calendar view. 7.0.4 will also include a new setting for Florida tax calculation and change the tax percentage to handle 4 decimal places.

JD
Retired - Mitchell1
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Good afternoon,

Just updated to 7.0.3.

The changes to the schedule in regards to displaying total hours and appointments is great.

One question.... it shows total "order hours". Which is great once there is something in the order screen. What about appointments that are for next week? We normally do not generate estimates until the day before the appointment. So all the other days show a total of 0 order hours.

With the old schedule, we typed in the expected hours to plan for each appointment. Someone that is coming in for a 1 hour check engine light will likely turn into 2 or more hours of actual repair. Someone that is coming in for a .3 test drive for trans slipping will likely turn into a 2-3 hour trans service.

Is there a way to do that here? I see if you open each appointment it shows scheduled hours and order hours. Is there a way to get it to display scheduled hours other than looking at how long the appointment box is?

Example:

Thursday, February 4
(6 Appts)
(28.76 Order Hours)
(18 Scheduled Hours)

I apologize for being picky but this would help us know when a day is full before the day actually occurs. At this point I know we are full after the day is half way through.

Thanks!
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

BERGMANS1 wrote:Good afternoon,

Is there a way to do that here? I see if you open each appointment it shows scheduled hours and order hours. Is there a way to get it to display scheduled hours other than looking at how long the appointment box is?

Thursday, February 4
(6 Appts)
(28.76 Order Hours)
(18 Scheduled Hours)
Thanks!
This is being worked on for the next incremental version (7.0.4) :)
Retired - Mitchell1
Fordracer

Re: Scheduler 7.0.3 Update

Post by Fordracer »

I updated my host and one of my workstations but the last station is telling me "Cannot check for updates at this time. Please try again later." Any suggestions?
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

Fordracer wrote:I updated my host and one of my workstations but the last station is telling me "Cannot check for updates at this time. Please try again later." Any suggestions?
It probably has something to do with the M1 Updater. There should be a greenish "O" in the lower right section of your computer, by the clock. Click that and open it, then try running the update again.

If the "O" is not there, open the start menu and search M1, the updater should show up, open that, then try running the update again.
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Fordracer wrote:I updated my host and one of my workstations but the last station is telling me "Cannot check for updates at this time. Please try again later." Any suggestions?

Mine does the same thing sometimes. A quick call to tech support takes care of it.
Bill Coniam
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Bill Coniam »

The latest thing I've noticed is that no matter what time is promised on either the appointment - or the estimate - it makes up a PROMISED date which is likely the date it was created...not promised ... as in Les Roberts' appt. screen shot
sched. 1.docx
example: Roberts
(296.16 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Back in the saddle again
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

From my testing the promised time comes from the setting in Setup
setup.jpg
setup.jpg (177.82 KiB) Viewed 8387 times
Retired - Mitchell1
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

I saw someplace that in the future we'll be able to colorcode appointments on the schedule. For instance highlight in yellow when the car is at the store, orange when it's in a bay, grey when done. Can you tell me if this is in any of the versions coming out? This is a needed feature before we can really start using it
artadot

Post by artadot »

nessauto wrote:I saw someplace that in the future we'll be able to colorcode appointments on the schedule. For instance highlight in yellow when the car is at the store, orange when it's in a bay, grey when done. Can you tell me if this is in any of the versions coming out? This is a needed feature before we can really start using it
I agree, it helps to know at a glance what the status of each appointment is. I hope this update in on the table and coming out soon
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

state.jpg
state.jpg (67.47 KiB) Viewed 8330 times
Retired - Mitchell1
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

nessauto wrote:I saw someplace that in the future we'll be able to colorcode appointments on the schedule. For instance highlight in yellow when the car is at the store, orange when it's in a bay, grey when done. Can you tell me if this is in any of the versions coming out? This is a needed feature before we can really start using it
He answered your question a few posts up.
Johnny5 wrote:
7.0.4 is being planned right now:
We will stop using RepairOrder.ScheduledDate and RepairOrder.ScheduledHours, instead use (if it exists) Schedule.Start (and OrderHours)… if it hasn’t been scheduled, it seems to me that it should then show blank (since it wasn’t scheduled). We might also show schedule status in that same column (so one can tell it’s open/closed at a glance). We want to add color coding to Schedule.Status visible in the calendar view. 7.0.4 will also include a new setting for Florida tax calculation and change the tax percentage to handle 4 decimal places.
JD
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Johnny5 wrote:From my testing the promised time comes from the setting in Setup
setup.jpg

This is the "Default" hour, so that, like us, if you promise everything by the end of the day it can be set to start there for you (less data entry). Promised times are then reset to what the customer specifically requests on that visit, or if it is revised after an upsell.
Back in the saddle again
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Toward the bottom of the appointment start window there is a "Promised time" that grays out (no longer editable) that has nothing to do with the "promised time" of the appointment - it appears to default to the date you create the appointment. Please correct this to defaulting to one of the promised times we've selected, either on the appointment or the RO...although they should ALL be tied together. Help us out here guys! :-)
Back in the saddle again
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Really thought that the updates would take care of some Major problems... just updated to 7.03. We cannot even use the printed schedule page for daily work assignments. Since January, I have used the Report named: Scheduled Events. This has all of our pertinent info for daily job assignments on it. We have always color coded our employee's jobs, so everyone knows their color (which we must hightlight on our own).

I must still go thru ro's and correct times and customer waiting information, as sometimes this just CANNOT be corrected....not just problems with promised times. We are very disappointed in LOSING our information from the schedule pages from previous dates. Even though this was going to be able to be 'restored', it restored just a few of them on a few days.

I am glad to see the total job hours scheduled for a job are now shown on the schedule page, but if it a job that must be finished the next day due to parts, it is wrong already. At the end of December and beginnining of January, I spoke to a gentleman at the support line who asked me "Why would you ever need to know that?". I asked him if he ever actually worked in a shop before? Basic information is needed to operate and schedule, and it has been taken away from us.

From the schedule page, I cannot add revisions to a ro I am making up from that page (as I was told that I Needed to complete for info to be accurate). Again, was told "Why would you need to do that?", why don't you use a canned job? Most people at support line are great, but I have a few since the beginning of this year that have not been, because their answers do not correlate with the real world. I even asked to go back to the old version, and I was told that it couldn't be done.

I have also had previous information that has been skewed and lost. The scheduler (and scheduled events report) show different vehicles than on ro. My boss suggested that a representative who writes code actually visit a shop (beta shop?) and get a refresher on how things should work or us all. The system worked better before it was fixed.

P.S.: Still can't get rid of committed parts in the inventory; was fixed but went back to unchangable.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for sharing your scheduler concerns. Please know that we just reviewed a detailed account of all your tech support calls, which supplied background we’ll make use of towards resolving some of the issues. Support management listened to these calls and remarked to me that the agent handled them all professionally and at no time was he heard to say "why would you want to do that?" (when I read this, I asked support mgmt. to check it out)

Your post mentioned the changing of vehicle at the RO level *should* also go back and update the appointment. Currently the appointment and R.O. are in agreement working forward from appt. to R.O.; it is when a vehicle change is made AFTER the fact (at R.O. level) that the problem occurs. This was not anticipated and we’re talking with development about correcting this just as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience as we work this out.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

Well-responded Tim. Good management.

I must add that I can feel the pain of that last contributor, almost line for line. In his defense, we here believe that whoever designed this scheduler must have been a dental hygienist or something :-)

It is very frustrating to no longer be able to load my shop (or avoid overloading my shop) since the scheduler no longer comes close to what we need in the real world

Respectfully, Bill
Back in the saddle again

Return to “Scheduler”