Appointment State / WIP Status

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
murraymotive
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by murraymotive »

^^ Having appointment status in either the calendar view (preferred) or the hover detail would be helpful

I've learned we cannot label or color code by M1 responses to other posts. I still have these two questions, as they are not covered in the videos:

1) Do WIP/RO statuses and scheduler statuses interact at all?

2) When techs are assigned to ROs can the schedule be updated to reflect this, and vice versa when you move the appt to a tech's time slot can they be chosen as the default tech for that RO?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler FEEDBACK [Actual SE 7.0 User Posts Only]

Post by Silky7 »

murraymotive wrote:Image

^^ Having appointment status in either the calendar view (preferred) or the hover detail would be helpful

I've learned we cannot label or color code by M1 responses to other posts. I still have these two questions, as they are not covered in the videos:

1) Do WIP/RO statuses and scheduler statuses interact at all?

2) When techs are assigned to ROs can the schedule be updated to reflect this, and vice versa when you move the appt to a tech's time slot can they be chosen as the default tech for that RO?
Dave,

1. The schedule statuses reflect the appointment status, and the RO statuses were deemed to be a potentially different state.

2. We've received varying opinions on this area, and are still considering the options.
M1 Product Manager
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Appointment State / WIP Status

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Is there a possibility to enable color coding entries in the Scheduler while in the "Normal" Resource Mode. In our environment we have (2) types of customers, Wait & Drop. It would be ideal if there was a way, again, in Normal Resource Mode to be able to distinguish via a radio button or checkbox whether the customer has dropped off the vehicle or is waiting.

Dan
Dan
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Appointment State / WIP Status

Post by Silky7 »

We are working on implementing color coding for appointment states for the next release version. 8)
M1 Product Manager
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Here is what we are doing for Status - your thoughts>
status.jpg
status.jpg (89.73 KiB) Viewed 6726 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re:Appointment State / WIP Status

Post by ricmorin »

Johnny5 wrote:Here is what we are doing for Status - your thoughts>
status.jpg
Is there a reason for separate statuses between WIP and the Scheduler? Once the vehicle arrives, everything is done on the WIP screen between techs and SA's. I'd prefer the two share the same list of statuses and update each other automatically.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

ricmorin wrote:
status.jpg
Is there a reason for separate statuses between WIP and the Scheduler? Once the vehicle arrives, everything is done on the WIP screen between techs and SA's. I'd prefer the two share the same list of statuses and update each other automatically.
When I was working with development on this project we all thought to maintain the Status of an Order and the Status of a Appointment. We have since renamed Appointment Status to be called 'Appointment State'. V 7.0.4 will also include color coding of status.
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

When I was working with development on this project we all thought to maintain the Status of an Order and the Status of a Appointment
Help me understand why.

Seems like extra work to me. With the old work-flow, you made an Estimate and it got 'scheduled'. The two shared the same status list. Now there are 2 separate status lists to maintain and update, and I can't see a reason for the separation.
603-622-6434 x203

Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

ricmorin wrote:
When I was working with development on this project we all thought to maintain the Status of an Order and the Status of a Appointment
Help me understand why.

Seems like extra work to me. With the old work-flow, you made an Estimate and it got 'scheduled'. The two shared the same status list. Now there are 2 separate status lists to maintain and update, and I can't see a reason for the separation.
Ultimately the scheduler function will move to allow interaction with a web page, and we thought to maintain a unique status of the appointment may be handy to have when a customer is requesting an appointment via an online asset.
Retired - Mitchell1
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

UPDATE: Adjusting the colors for the Status indicators: Is ORANGE good for Waiters or do you want something else? :mrgreen:
EDIT: Call Customer changed to unique RED
Attachments
colors2.png
colors2.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 6669 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Orange works. Something bright, unique.
603-622-6434 x203

ricmorin

Re:Appointment State / WIP Status

Post by ricmorin »

Johnny5 wrote:
ricmorin wrote:
Help me understand why.

Ultimately the scheduler function will move to allow interaction with a web page, and we thought to maintain a unique status of the appointment may be handy to have when a customer is requesting an appointment via an online asset.
Hmmmm. That's definitely a reason. :oops:
603-622-6434 x203

BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

ricmorin wrote:
Help me understand why.

I am with ricmorin on this one. The fact that the scheduler and the WIP do not communicate is extra work and annoying. So I would have to open a repair order, put it to a WIP status of waiting, move the status of the appointment to waiting. Then assign a tech in both places. Customer adds work and leaves, now it is in parts ordered and I have to change that in both places. I change the tech on the car because it went from an oil change to a head gasket now I have to change that in two places. Then work is done and I have to do that in to places. I may change the status of a ticket 10 times in a day on one car, now it is twice that (if I actually want to use the scheduler the way you guys are making it).

Half of my day is assigning techs and changing the status on the WIP screen. Now I am going to do everything twice which equals a full day. I am going to have to hire someone just to assign technicians and change the status of cars here.

Please keep in mind I do not mind change that makes my job easier or simpler. I have been using this program for 7 years. A lot of the changes have been great. I don't like to resist just for the sake of resisting. Just remember, anytime you make a change no matter how simple, I have to relearn what I have been doing 30 times a day for the last 7 years. Example, you guys changed the way recommendations are entered. Before the update I went left to right and entered date, category then the standard note for the recommendation. Now, it goes from left to right date, then standard note, then category. It is not a major change, but I have 7 years of habit to undue and honestly I count on my habits to do my job not only quickly but accurately.

We have talked about switching from Shopkey to something else. The main reason we have not switched is that I didn't want our advisors to learn a new program all over again. I feel like we are learning a new program at this point.

Done ranting, I have a bunch of status changes I need to do twice since I was busy typing this post.
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by tanyah »

status.jpg
how about making those color options changeable. I see we can add our own states and edit our colors, is it possible to be able to edit the color on the default options.
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

ricmorin wrote:
Help me understand why.

Please set up AUTOMATIC color coding, I should not have to change the states, when I've "already done so" when I change from an estimate to an RO (upon arrival) and an RO to an Invoice (upon completion) and to POSTED (when it left the shop).

I understand you've tried to separate things, but since that makes the shop jump through MORE hoops instead of less, it's time to work to correct that.

Thanks, Bill
Back in the saddle again
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

I know they said they rushed the update for security purposes.

But, someone please tell me this...

When info is changed on the WIP screen (status, date, time, tech) and also when something is changed from estimate, to repair order, to invoice, to posted. Eventually any of those changes will automatically change the same data in the scheduler correct? And the color code will automatically change with status changes?

I think that is what Bill Coniam is hinting at. I know there was talk about them being separate. I am fine with them being separate as long as they communicate similar data.

If we continue to add more data that needs to be changed in two different places I assure you I will lose my mind.

I may as well be using Microsoft Outlook to schedule customers.
Bill Coniam

Post by Bill Coniam »

BERGMANS1 wrote:I know they said they rushed the update for security purposes.

But, someone please tell me this...

When info is changed on the WIP screen (status, date, time, tech) and also when something is changed from estimate, to repair order, to invoice, to posted. Eventually any of those changes will automatically change the same data in the scheduler correct? And the color code will automatically change with status changes?

I think that is what Bill Coniam is hinting at. I know there was talk about them being separate. I am fine with them being separate as long as they communicate similar data.

If we continue to add more data that needs to be changed in two different places I assure you I will lose my mind.

I may as well be using Microsoft Outlook to schedule customers.

AMEN!
Back in the saddle again
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We also discussed color coding to document states (EST -> RO -> INV) to occur automatically.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
madmoneymike5

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Johnny5 wrote:Ultimately the scheduler function will move to allow interaction with a web page, and we thought to maintain a unique status of the appointment may be handy to have when a customer is requesting an appointment via an online asset.
I understand the logic behind this, but I still agree that having two sets of statuses is double the work. Would it not be possible that the scheduler and the WIP use the same set of statuses, and when it comes time to implement your online appointment scheduling functionality, you code the WIP screen to ignore certain statuses asserted by the online scheduler? In other words, have the WIP screen hide records created by the online scheduler until the appointment checks in?
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)

Return to “Scheduler”