Scheduler Settings & Defaults

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
franksautomotive

Scheduler Settings & Defaults

Post by franksautomotive »

Is there anyway to change the order that the techs are shown on the schedule? For example when I open my schedule and look at it on Day view with the resource on technician it will show me my 3 techs and an unassigned column. The techs are listed in random order. I would like to change the order of the techs. Any way to do that?
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Scheduler Settings & Defaults

Post by artadot »

franksautomotive wrote:Is there anyway to change the order that the techs are shown on the schedule? For example when I open my schedule and look at it on Day view with the resource on technician it will show me my 3 techs and an unassigned column. The techs are listed in random order. I would like to change the order of the techs. Any way to do that?
The tech's are listed alphabetically, you could tweak it by adding a A- in front of the last name of the tech you want in the first column, then a B - in front of the last name of the second tech and so on, not sure how that would affect reports though, just a thought.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
artadot

Post by artadot »

Would it be possible to remove the time slots that we are not open in the scheduling screen, the screen show from 5am to 9pm, we are open from 8am to 6pm, that way we would have more room on the screen and possibly make it easier to read, also to make the lines between the time slots darker and could the time increments be in increased to 15 min. instead of 30. We do a lot of emission testing here, the test takes 10 min to do, it is difficult to schedule that time without making it very difficult to read on the schedule screen. Absolutely loving the new schedule! Find it very user friendly and am looking forward to the next update!
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

artadot wrote:Would it be possible to remove the time slots that we are not open in the scheduling screen, the screen show from 5am to 9pm, we are open from 8am to 6pm, that way we would have more room on the screen !
Click on the button on the home screen labeled 'Using the NewScheduler', open the link to the Schedule Document: "Click here to view setup and use guide. " See page 2. :)

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

artadot wrote:Would it be possible to remove the time slots that we are not open in the scheduling screen, the screen show from 5am to 9pm, we are open from 8am to 6pm, that way we would have more room on the screen and possibly make it easier to read, also to make the lines between the time slots darker and could the time increments be in increased to 15 min. instead of 30. We do a lot of emission testing here, the test takes 10 min to do, it is difficult to schedule that time without making it very difficult to read on the schedule screen. Absolutely loving the new schedule! Find it very user friendly and am looking forward to the next update!
You can set the visible hours to your liking. Go to Configurations>Scheduler Setup>Scheduler Options and you'll get a window like this. There you can set the visible hours.
schedulesetup.png
schedulesetup.png (21.19 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:
artadot wrote:Would it be possible to remove the time slots that we are not open in the scheduling screen, the screen show from 5am to 9pm, we are open from 8am to 6pm, that way we would have more room on the screen and possibly make it easier to read, also to make the lines between the time slots darker and could the time increments be in increased to 15 min. instead of 30. We do a lot of emission testing here, the test takes 10 min to do, it is difficult to schedule that time without making it very difficult to read on the schedule screen. Absolutely loving the new schedule! Find it very user friendly and am looking forward to the next update!
You can set the visible hours to your liking. Go to Configurations>Scheduler Setup>Scheduler Options and you'll get a window like this. There you can set the visible hours.
schedulesetup.png
I've done that before and it seems like it doesn't keep that setting and its back to the 5am to 9pm
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I believe there is a small bug that causes that. Close down all workstations and make the changes on the host. Then close and open the host and those settings will stick. I believe this is fixed in the next version.
603-622-6434 x203

artadot

Post by artadot »

In a previous post of mine I requested the time increments be increased to 15 min, just played with the zoom in and zoom out button and that resolved my request. But...I have had to reset our shop hours and holidays, they don't seem to stay.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

artadot wrote:In a previous post of mine I requested the time increments be increased to 15 min, just played with the zoom in and zoom out button and that resolved my request. But...I have had to reset our shop hours and holidays, they don't seem to stay.
That resetting issue is resolvable by closing all workstations except the host, making the changes, closing and reopening the host.
603-622-6434 x203

Bill Coniam
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Bill Coniam »

Even when you deselect the print notes...there they are right on the first line of the repair order.
Back in the saddle again
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Bill Coniam wrote:
- Even when you deselect the print notes...there they are right on the first line of the repair order
If you uncheck the "Print on order as note", the note still appears in the order screen, but when you open that note line, you will notice the "Print on Order" checkbox is unchecked. It's on the order, but it's not on the printed copy. :_
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
acofgb

Post by acofgb »

Johnny5 wrote:I you uncheck the "Print on order as note", the note still appears in the order screen, but when you open that note line, you will notice the "Print on Order" checkbox is unchecked. It's on the order, but it's not on the printed copy. :_
It would be nice if there was the option to have the "Print on order as note" box unchecked by default.
salineauto

Post by salineauto »

Is there any way to remove say 12-1pm for lunch from the schedule block hours? Otherwise a job runs into lunch but isn't showing an accurate completed time.& messing with afternoon scheduling. Liking the new schedule so far.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

salineauto wrote:Is there any way to remove say 12-1pm for lunch from the schedule block hours? Otherwise a job runs into lunch but isn't showing an accurate completed time.& messing with afternoon scheduling. Liking the new schedule so far.
This was referenced in a meeting last week; stay tuned.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Scheduler”