Scheduler E-Mail Address

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
kjmillevoi

Scheduler E-Mail Address

Post by kjmillevoi »

When will we be able to enter in an Email address when scheduling a new customer on the scheduler. We can enter ALL of the other information, i.e. Name, Address, Phone Number. It would be helpful for those of us that use Mitchell CRM to be able to enter the customers Email address at this time.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler E-Mail Address

Post by timbre4 »

This is on our radar and short list for a future release; can't provide a delivery date just yet.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
salineauto

Post by salineauto »

Very much would like to add email in scheduler & new customer screen. Boggles my mind why its not available in new customer screen.
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

I agree, This really needs to be added. It is losing us money, not being able to capture email addresses. And our guys do not take the extra time to go back into the customer file and add it. I capture rate has went from 59% down to 34%.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Agreed - email field will be added in the next phase.
Tim McDonnell -
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

Cory wrote:I agree, This really needs to be added. It is losing us money, not being able to capture email addresses. And our guys do not take the extra time to go back into the customer file and add it. I capture rate has went from 59% down to 34%.
Man, you need to get ON THEM about this. That is awful and inexcusable. What did they do before 7.0? You couldn't enter it there either.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

It would be beneficial if there were two flags in the system as well; one when checked would prompt you for email address on a New RO if there isn't one (system-wide), another flag which disables the prompt for email (RO or customer specific). The 2nd flag/checkbox would be something like "Customer doesn't have or use email".
Dan
blacky1

Post by blacky1 »

Was hoping 7.0.18 would have email box. :(
I'm in a 20 group that has many Mitchell clients. We all are begging for that email box on the scheduler.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

blacky1 wrote:Was hoping 7.0.18 would have email box. :(
I'm in a 20 group that has many Mitchell clients. We all are begging for that email box on the scheduler.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

We now have a new version (SE 7.1) prepared that addresses:
1. email field in the Appointment Editor flow for New Customer window
2. Plate AND VIN Decode in the New Vehicle window

We are showing it right now @ AAPEX / SEMA and will announce the availability after the show concludes. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
blacky1

Post by blacky1 »

Thanks and if you want a beta tester, I'm volunteering.
mastertechauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by mastertechauto »

I'm on 7.1.7 and not able to add an email address in the scheduler window. Am I missing something?
Mark Spezia
Mastertech Auto Service
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

GUTHTIRE wrote:It would be beneficial if there were two flags in the system as well; one when checked would prompt you for email address on a New RO if there isn't one (system-wide), another flag which disables the prompt for email (RO or customer specific). The 2nd flag/checkbox would be something like "Customer doesn't have or use email".
Has this been added as well. It's a pain adding and email address like, noemail@xxx.com, when a customer doesn't have or use email. This should automatically be done with a checkbox.
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

mastertechauto wrote:I'm on 7.1.7 and not able to add an email address in the scheduler window. Am I missing something?
When you add a new customer from the appointment editor you get this window, which includes email.
emailcapture.PNG
emailcapture.PNG (14.23 KiB) Viewed 12087 times
This is version 7.1.7.

Email field is viewable on an existing customer but not yet editable. If you are using Report Pro to print Invoices, you can be prompted for email addresses by selecting the prompt setting in setup.
emailprompt.PNG
emailprompt.PNG (15.36 KiB) Viewed 12087 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
mastertechauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by mastertechauto »

Email field is viewable on an existing customer but not yet editable. If you are using Report Pro to print Invoices, you can be prompted for email addresses by selecting the prompt setting in setup.
OK. That's what I was getting at. Not able to edit existing customer's email. Hopefully that will come in a future release.
Mark Spezia
Mastertech Auto Service
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
GUTHTIRE wrote:It would be beneficial if there were two flags in the system as well; one when checked would prompt you for email address on a New RO if there isn't one (system-wide), another flag which disables the prompt for email (RO or customer specific). The 2nd flag/checkbox would be something like "Customer doesn't have or use email".
Has this been added as well. It's a pain adding and email address like, noemail@xxx.com, when a customer doesn't have or use email. This should automatically be done with a checkbox.
Has this been accepted as an enhancement for a future release?
Dan
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
GUTHTIRE wrote:
Has this been accepted as an enhancement for a future release?
There has been no movement on this and I would be hesitant to add a parameter to simply mark "Cust has no email". All too easy at that point to blow off the question. I would recommend not entering anything that is formatted as an email address where a customer has none or doesn't want you to use it. Just enter NO or leave it blank.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Thanks but if you leave it blank then the next time the customer comes in you ask them again for an email...after a few attempts we look bad. If you put in "noemailaddress@xxx.com" were are knowingly entering bad data into the database. I don't believe you can put "NO" as the field won't accept it. That's pretty much why we thought a check box may be the answer...when selected it would grey out the field.
Dan
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You can put a simple 'no' in the email field. You will get a warning but the program still allows it.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

ricmorin wrote:You can put a simple 'no' in the email field. You will get a warning but the program still allows it.
Thanks. Again, we're entering bad data into the database. It's against my morals. :lol:
Dan

Return to “Scheduler”