Wish List For New Scheduler

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Hardwood
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Wish List For New Scheduler

Post by Hardwood »

Maybe I'm missing something, but there are a few anomalies that I want to address with the new scheduler compared to the old scheduler.

1. If you start a repair order for a walk in customer, it no longer appears on the schedule as it did with the old scheduler. please advise how to get that working.

2. The default time for appointments seems to be 15 minutes in duration. If you don't change this, the scheduler doesn't expand enough to see what work is coming in, just the customer name. I found if I made each appointment 45 minutes in length manually, the box gets larger and shows the work to be done. I would like a 45 minute default appointment time. I know ZOOM works to expand the field, but then the entire schedule gets too large.

3. There should be an "at a glance" view of the schedule. As others have stated, it was nice to be able to pull the entire day's appointment calendar up and see exactly who's coming in, and the work getting done, all on ONE screen. Scrolling up and down with the new schedule is no fun.

4. Eliminate (or give the option to) the "all day" check box. Makes no sense to me, as it makes that appointment splash from top to bottom of the calendar.

I switched my server to a new PC, and in the process ended up with this "new" scheduler which I would NOT have done until all the kinks (or at least most) were worked out.
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
http://www.MinnetonkaAutoService.com
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Wish List For New Scheduler

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Hardwood wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but there are a few anomalies that I want to address with the new scheduler compared to the old scheduler.

1. If you start a repair order for a walk in customer, it no longer appears on the schedule as it did with the old scheduler. please advise how to get that working.

2. The default time for appointments seems to be 15 minutes in duration. If you don't change this, the scheduler doesn't expand enough to see what work is coming in, just the customer name. I found if I made each appointment 45 minutes in length manually, the box gets larger and shows the work to be done. I would like a 45 minute default appointment time. I know ZOOM works to expand the field, but then the entire schedule gets too large.

3. There should be an "at a glance" view of the schedule. As others have stated, it was nice to be able to pull the entire day's appointment calendar up and see exactly who's coming in, and the work getting done, all on ONE screen. Scrolling up and down with the new schedule is no fun.

4. Eliminate (or give the option to) the "all day" check box. Makes no sense to me, as it makes that appointment splash from top to bottom of the calendar.

I switched my server to a new PC, and in the process ended up with this "new" scheduler which I would NOT have done until all the kinks (or at least most) were worked out.
How do you start your new repair orders? When you start a new repair order, is it automatically a repair order or does it start as an estimate? If it is automatically a repair order, press the new button up top. In the top right corner of that box, it will say start new order as: estimate or repair order. If it is selected repair order, it will not put the customer into the scheduler when you start an order. If it is selected estimate, it will.

I don't know why this is, but that is what it does. Maybe someone will have a better explanation. Maybe this is fixed in an update that I have not installed yet.
Bill Coniam

Re: Wish List - Recurring Appointments

Post by Bill Coniam »

It would be great if we could set reoccurring appointments and better yet - reoccurring shop events in scheduler.

Please?

Bill
Back in the saddle again
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Wish List - Reoccurring appointments

Post by timbre4 »

Bill Coniam wrote:It would be great if we could set reoccurring appointments and better yet - reoccurring shop events in scheduler.
Please?
Bill
This is in the cards, for shop events at least.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
auto check

Post by auto check »

-It would be great if a 'new shop event' didn't add time to the scheduled hours. I don't see a point in even having a shop event option if it reacts the same as an appointment.
-A quick view is a definite! Everytime I look for a customer its like playing where's Waldo.
-Has anyone else had an issue with scheduled appointments changing themselves? Me and my counterparts have all found appointments, at random times, moving to a different time slot or into the next day. Usually I find the start time in the PM and the end time in the AM. Otherwise this seams to just randomly happen and I can figure out why.
-It would be very convenient to have work order numbers show in the appointment screen.
-Previously we could open a scheduled event and check history previous to a customer dropping off. Now the only way to view history is to close the schedule, go into Mitchell and relook up the customer. Otherwise the schedule forces you to make a work order.
carrieswanlund

Post by carrieswanlund »

Wish List -
1) Schedule at a glance! Same as everyone else.
2) To be able to tab through the appointment time when scheduling. To not have a warning at the appointment time through every change.
3) Turn off the giant block of time.
4) Have a one day look back for shop events like we do for appointments.
Last edited by carrieswanlund on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrieswanlund

Post by carrieswanlund »

I agree! I would love to be able to read customer names.
Last edited by carrieswanlund on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrieswanlund

Post by carrieswanlund »

[quote="Hardwood"]Maybe I'm missing something, but there are a few anomalies that I want to address with the new scheduler compared to the old scheduler.

From the repair order click on the options button. Then click on appointment. You can add or manage the appointment from there.

Also - Michelle (Mitchell1 Support) just told me today you can now make appointments without selecting a vehicle. Just hit cancel when the vehicle selection screen appears. You can do that with an existing or new customer. I don't always want to select a vehicle when an appointment is made
JSnider2323

Post by JSnider2323 »

Wish List:

- Combine Tech & Resource view on the same page
- Change or add phone number and email address if its a current customer
- just display a name and category (instead of name and notes)

We have way too many appointment to be able to read the notes so it just looks a jumbled up.

Return to “Scheduler”