Handling Work Overflow?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Bernhausen

Handling Work Overflow?

Post by Bernhausen »

It seems that if a job runs past the 5:00 close time the scheduler simply pushes the job to what ever "time" it should be completed. In other words with the hours set 8:30am-5pm and the visible screen set the same.. a job that is 4 hours long and started at 4:00pm shows an end time of 8pm.... well past our closed time. this leaves a remainder of 3 hours which the vehicle is still going to be in the shop the following day... because the remainder of the time ended up during closed hours, there seems to be no way to assign a tech for those next 3 hours causing daily over bookings... am I missing a setting? Is there a way to set the appointments to cross over into the next day?

I know there is "all day" setting but the issue there is 50% of our jobs take 16+ hours to do... this caused the scheduler to become so loaded on the top it shrank the rest of the window down to an unusable size...
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Handling Work Overflow?

Post by BERGMANS1 »

We have the same issue.

Ultimately, a job sold for 14 hours is likely to take around 8 actual. I just open the appointment and adjust the scheduled hours to keep it on the same day. The order hours will still show the actual hours sold. The scheduled hours are pretty much ignored at our shop.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Hello,

You may need to update your version of Manager. In the current version, if you have the scenario you described, it will roll the appointment remaining time into the following morning.
M1 Product Manager
Bernhausen

Post by Bernhausen »

Our program is only a week old, in saying that I clicked "check for updates" and came up with no updates required... however I now see appointment roll overs are working.. Next question, removing lunch our from working time?
Last edited by Bernhausen on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We have that in our plans for a future enhancement for the scheduler. :)
M1 Product Manager
Bernhausen

Post by Bernhausen »

Well it was working? When setting a block for 10am on Thur ending at 2pm on Friday the appointment automatically jumps to all day ignoring the multiple hours the job is not booked for. Pushing the appointment past 5pm still does not live update and carry to the next day. The only ones which have carried over are the ones that did after I clicked the update button. Now it appears to be back to the way it was before? Do I need to refresh something somewhere?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

If you cross the noon threshold on two days, the appointment is moved to top as an all-day event. In your latest example, that appointment goes from before noon until after noon the following day, so it moves up. Were you to trim that to 11:59 AM on Friday, you should see it remain in the normal calendar appointment position.

Hope this helps.
M1 Product Manager
Bernhausen

Post by Bernhausen »

I have to pull it all the way back to 9:59am the following day to stop it jumping to the top. Only 1 noon threshold.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Right, sorry. Forgot to mention 24 hours or more will also move.

We're reorganizing the Appointment tab currently in a way that should make following things easier.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Scheduler”