Scheduler for Technicians

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
OliviaMA

Scheduler for Technicians

Post by OliviaMA »

Hello!

We'd like our techs to be able to see the scheduler in real time.

The office staff use the scheduler for booking. When we take in keys, we mark on a whiteboard the work order # for the technician with vehicle and name.
The trouble is if a job comes in between what we've written on the whiteboard, we have to rewrite everything or start putting priority numbers next to jobs. It's not very convenient or clear.

We're thinking of setting up another workstation with large monitor that only shows the schedule.
But before we do this, I'd like to see what other shops are doing.

How do you relay the schedule to your techs? How do they know which job to pick up next?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Scheduler for Technicians

Post by brianp87 »

I delegate the work on job by job basis. Tech sheets are in the vehicles.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

What I do is I give all my techs a laptop with Mitchell on it. They can see what is on the Work in progress. I set each tech up with their own user. I then sort the work in progress under their individual users to show the work by "laborTech". Then create status the go "Do 1st", "Do 2nd", "Do 3rd" ........this way they can see what order I want things done under their names and it make it easy for me to change up the order if something more urgent comes in. I even have a "Work on hold" and "waiting for parts" to keep them abreast of circumstances at a glance.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
i86truck

Post by i86truck »

Our techs each have tablets which show work tiles in the order that they are to be completed. If we make a change in that priority for a waiter, for example, we send them a chat message letting them know.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

i86truck wrote:Our techs each have tablets which show work tiles in the order that they are to be completed. If we make a change in that priority for a waiter, for example, we send them a chat message letting them know.
Care to share what you are using that has tiles?

Return to “Scheduler”