Work Carryover From One Day To The Next?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Work Carryover From One Day To The Next?

Post by nessauto »

If you schedule a job for one day and it doesn't get done. We need to schedule a spot to finish it the next day. Is there a way to schedule another appointment the next day and still leave the original marking spot in the scheduler? We'd like to still have the original time documented for when we worked on it. That way we can look back and see how long they worked on it a previous day. I know we could just make another appointment...but that doesn't tie it to the repair order.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Work Carryover From One Day To The Next?

Post by motley06 »

This is where I've really struggled with the new scheduler. I tried all last week and couldn't figure out a way to handle carry over work. I've resorted to a custom made excel spreadsheet. I now only use the scheduler to send out text message appointment reminders
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

If you have your start and end times configured in Scheduler Options it should automatically roll-over. In the case where the job rolls over but you cannot work on the job the next day you can create an appointment on the schedule for the day you plan on working the RO by going into the RO and clicking Options then Appointment to schedule the job on the day where you have availability to finish the job.
Dan
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

We really like the new scheduler. It saves alot of time. It's actually exactly what we were doing with calanders manually. Theres a few work arounds we've had to do...but so far we've figured out how to accomplish about everything. This was one of the last things that we had to do. My only complaints are we haven't found a way to print the schedule so you can actually read it. It squishes everything together so bad when you go to print view you can't read anything. It would also be nice to be able to schedule our loaner cars too in mitchel. This could very easily be done on the same schedule or by having a second schedule in Mitchel. Puting them on the same schedule however makes everything pretty small. We already have 7 techs on it. So adding another 7 loaners would be pretty tough.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

nessauto wrote:We really like the new scheduler. It saves alot of time. It's actually exactly what we were doing with calanders manually. Theres a few work arounds we've had to do...but so far we've figured out how to accomplish about everything. This was one of the last things that we had to do. My only complaints are we haven't found a way to print the schedule so you can actually read it. It squishes everything together so bad when you go to print view you can't read anything. It would also be nice to be able to schedule our loaner cars too in mitchel. This could very easily be done on the same schedule or by having a second schedule in Mitchel. Puting them on the same schedule however makes everything pretty small. We already have 7 techs on it. So adding another 7 loaners would be pretty tough.
We have found a workaround for scheduling loaners cars. We have inputted all 5 of our cars as customers. When a loaner is scheduled, we make an appointment for that "customer' and tag it as all day. (most loaners are all day) We note the actual customer it's going to in the notes field. Making them all day events puts them at the top and you can easily see where and when a loaner is available.

We used to schedule loaners on our daily whiteboard. No more.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
motley06

Post by motley06 »

So I THINK I've found a work around for us. I created a customer named Carry, Over. The vehicle is a 1974 Alfa Romeo Veloce (surely we'll never see one of these)! In the notes section, I put the customers last night and/or the vehicle, and what we have left to do on the vehicle (install special order part, etc). So far (only 2 days) it seems to be working for us, the techs like it cause it keeps them from coming up front and asking "what's next"?

I would like to see Bolt-Ons schedule on the tablet show which tech is assigned to the appointments, but I can just put that in the notes and the techs can see it. If I need to upload a screenshot, I'd be more than happy to.

This has really helped with avoiding customers getting text reminders for their cars that carried over to another day

Return to “Scheduler”