Manager SE 7.1.7 Release Feedback

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Manager SE 7.1.7 Release Feedback

Post by timbre4 »

Mike1200 wrote:I cant believe this scheduler and how difficult it is to look at, just trying to figure out what is going on is a mess. there has to be simpler solution to this frustration.
It can be done, we are offering ideas. I posted this last night. Experiment, hide columns, re-arrange it.
Attachments
Appt Day view.png
Appt Day view.png (188.32 KiB) Viewed 8142 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

On the new style appointment tab in the scheduler, it gives you a total of all order hours in a little box at the bottom of the column. Is it in the works to get the same box with the total for the scheduled hours? The scheduled hours is more important to me, it is what I predict the day is going to be. The order hours is the present and by the time it has happened it doesn't matter much for work scheduling.

The above post on being able to remove undesired categories was very helpful.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Mike1200 wrote:I cant believe this scheduler and how difficult it is to look at, just trying to figure out what is going on is a mess. there has to be simpler solution to this frustration.
Take this for a spin and we'll work through the questions. http://tinyurl.com/mrg-schedule
share.png
share.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 8131 times
Tim McDonnell -
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

BERGMANS1 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned...

On the new style appointment tab in the scheduler, it gives you a total of all order hours in a little box at the bottom of the column. Is it in the works to get the same box with the total for the scheduled hours? The scheduled hours is more important to me, it is what I predict the day is going to be. The order hours is the present and by the time it has happened it doesn't matter much for work scheduling.

The above post on being able to remove undesired categories was very helpful.
Yes, you can do a LOT of different things in the Appointment tab. Here's all you need to do for totalling Schedule Hours:
2017-04-07 11_58_34-Scheduler - 4_7_2017.png
2017-04-07 11_58_34-Scheduler - 4_7_2017.png (22.5 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
M1 Product Manager
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Now that is pretty cool. Never realized that was there. :D
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
BERGMANS1

Post by BERGMANS1 »

Pauls Automotive wrote:Now that is pretty cool. Never realized that was there. :D
That is pretty sweet.... how come you guys hide the cool features? Like there is a reward for asking questions or something. :P
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

To be fair, a good deal of users are struggling with complexity when adjusting to the new schedule. We're just trying not to overwhelm everyone until they're ready. Asking such questions means you're ready. :D
M1 Product Manager
AdamD
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by AdamD »

It would've been nice to be given a head's up that this change was going to occur, and maybe get some support from my Mitchell1 rep with a demo or something....oh wait I haven't seen a rep in 10 years.

The new scheduler is awful. Plain and simple.

Please come out with a release that puts the old system back into place.

Thanks.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Apologies for your upset; we showed sample screens here on the forum during 2015, previewed the new Schedule in December 2015 and have been discussing it here for the last 15 months. You've been a member here for a long time and probably read the requests and complaints about the lack of features in the schedule over the years. There will not be a release with the old schedule.

The new schedule is very configurable and if you want to make quick appointments without collecting all the other data you can. If you want to strip the appointments list down to the old "Day" view you can. I would ask you to look at the examples I am preparing to help with the transition. Read the User Guide and watch the videos, give yourself some time with it.

VERY IMPORTANT: Read the Setup Guide! Direct link to SE 7.1.7 Schedule Configuration / Users Guide: http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/asse ... ndarv2.pdf
Appt Day view.png
Appt Day view.png (188.32 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
Tim McDonnell -
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

timbre4 wrote:Apologies for your upset; we showed sample screens here on the forum during 2015, previewed the new Schedule in December 2015 and have been discussing it here for the last 15 months. You've been a member here for a long time and probably read the requests and complaints about the lack of features in the schedule over the years. There will not be a release with the old schedule.

The new schedule is very configurable and if you want to make quick appointments without collecting all the other data you can. If you want to strip the appointments list down to the old "Day" view you can. I would ask you to look at the examples I am preparing to help with the transition. Read the User Guide and watch the videos, give yourself some time with it.

VERY IMPORTANT: Read the Setup Guide! Direct link to SE 7.1.7 Schedule Configuration / Users Guide: http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/asse ... ndarv2.pdf
Appt Day view.png
I have not logged into this forum in probably 2 years. I haven't had a need to, as the program was working just fine as it was. It would've been nice to been given a head's up about this change. I upgraded last week (it forced me to basically), and the new scheduler is an absolute clusterfug. I will be looking for other manager programs starting today.

Thanks.

PS-- the link you provided doesn't work
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Apologies for the bad link, it was a rush - it's a knowledgebase article so the rest of the path was missing.

Please use the direct access intended for all users on the SE home "splash page" it looks like this:
link.png
link.png (40.3 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
Tim McDonnell -
KERNERS

Scheduler

Post by KERNERS »

Forced to update to 7.1.7 with the new scheduler. I have looked through all the training videos and all the slides on how to set up. My question is, if I add a canned job to an appointment why does it not auto adjust the appointment time, why must I manually adjust the time? The auto adjust radio button appears to only pertain to open orders. Why would I care to update an appointment for a vehicle that is already here? The purpose of scheduling an appointment is to be able to schedule to correct amount of time for said appointment ahead of time. I don't care how much time I need for a car once the car is already here. Why would I create a work order for an appointment? My WIP screen would be load with RO's. I see multiple posts regarding the frustration with scheduler and I agree with them, the program sucks plain and simple. The views are horrible.

If I want to schedule oil changes it gets included with the total hours of labor scheduled so I don't have a means to see what my tech hours are that are scheduled.
Bernhausen

Post by Bernhausen »

Possible glitch?

Scenario - Creating quote in RO screen and converting to EST does not update in the scheduler anymore.

There are times we will use the quick quote option if we feel the customer is just fishing. If they call back we will convert the quote to an estimate and add in the customer info. Preciously these updates would be reflected in the scheduler as well. this is no longer the case. Even with a created RO or EST the scheduler still reads "Quote" and does not populate any customer information.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

I will look into this...
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
cardoc

Post by cardoc »

Is the Driver information supposed to print on the repair order?? I have been unable to get the info on it so we just continued to put the driver info in the unit number field.
Quality is not expensive, It is Priceless!

ASE L1 Master Certified Automotive Technician,
Service Advisor, & AMI Graduate
ASA Member
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

cardoc wrote:Is the Driver information supposed to print on the repair order?? I have been unable to get the info on it so we just continued to put the driver info in the unit number field.
Since the driver info is brand new, adding it to any documents has not yet been done. I expect we'll start seeing this info popping up soon.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

cardoc wrote:Is the Driver information supposed to print on the repair order?? I have been unable to get the info on it so we just continued to put the driver info in the unit number field.
Driver information is still very NEW.
I created a POLL question 4 weeks ago about placing the Driver information on documents, sure could use some more votes! http://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic.p ... w=viewpoll
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Scheduler”