Manager SE 7.1.7 Release Feedback

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Manager SE 7.1.6 Release Feedback

Post by ricmorin »

When in the Symptom window and typing, hitting enter used to create a new line. It now closes the window.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I am not sure if this has been asked. I really like this new scheduler update. I was wondering if any thought has been given to adding the symptom list to choose from when creating an appointment?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Similar to the Symptoms window problem....

In the Remarks field on the Customer tab: preview window ignores all carriage returns and displays all information. Prior to this update, this field would show only the first line. This is desirable where we would like to add data that doesn't immediately show without clicking on the button.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Pauls Automotive wrote:I am not sure if this has been asked. I really like this new scheduler update. I was wondering if any thought has been given to adding the symptom list to choose from when creating an appointment?
I am very much in favor of this as it's in the moment it's most needed (before you have it figured out what you're doing); there is a story written for this, however it was deemed lower priority for now.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

The spell check does not work in the vehicle memo area. Maybe it never did I do not remember. It would be nice if it did though.

I LOVE the new spell check BTW. I'm all thumbs with a keyboard and sometimes I misspell words by accident and it's nice to easily see it without having to hit spell check every time.
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

This box keeps popping up with different things, but looks the same every time. If I hit continue I don't notice anything affected that I can think of.
Attachments
Mitchell1.gif
Mitchell1.gif (9.03 KiB) Viewed 7964 times
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sauvageaus wrote:This box keeps popping up with different things, but looks the same every time. If I hit continue I don't notice anything affected that I can think of.
This is definitely not a message you want to continue working past. Once you've hit an unhandled exception, the application is effectively in an unstable state where changes could be lost or worse — affect other records. Please give us a call at support when you can to troubleshoot this.
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Manager SE 7.1.7 Release Feedback

Post by MURRI513 »

The Individual driver entry works great for my business. We are a "fleet" repair facility. It's wonderful to be able to assign drivers to their specific vehicles.
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by artadot »

Love the new updates, the spell check, the phone list. This schedule just gets better and better, keep up the great work guys! :)
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

When is the new update being released....I would really like the spellcheck :)
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

rhillig wrote:When is the new update being released....I would really like the spellcheck :)
The perennial question; it is going out now 500 at a time. Cannot say when you'd ordinarily see an update notice. This discussion thread was created for the feedback from the early adopters. If you want to get it now, all I need to know is that you have no XP / Vista workstations and you're acquainted with the SE 7.x Schedule, then I can submit your acct # to get it sooner.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

timbre4 wrote:
rhillig wrote:When is the new update being released....I would really like the spellcheck :)
The perennial question; it is going out now 500 at a time. Cannot say when you'd ordinarily see an update notice. This discussion thread was created for the feedback from the early adopters. If you want to get it now, all I need to know is that you have no XP / Vista workstations and you're acquainted with the SE 7.x Schedule, then I can submit your acct # to get it sooner.
We don't have any XP/Vista workstations - but we are not using the scheduler...so I will wait my turn. Don't want to keep someone that is using it from getting it sooner. :)
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

rhillig wrote:
timbre4 wrote:
We don't have any XP/Vista workstations - but we are not using the scheduler...so I will wait my turn. Don't want to keep someone that is using it from getting it sooner. :)
That's a nice sentiment, but not a concern. :) We will just add you to the list to receive it, not bump anyone else. Not sure what version you're currently on, but you're also missing the new spell checker and potentially Toyota Recall data, vehicle driver information, etc.
M1 Product Manager
scgms1

Glitch With 7.1.7

Post by scgms1 »

I recently upgraded my Manager program to 7.1.7 and noticed an issue when typing in the "Work Performed" box. I'm usually verbose in describing what was done and once I get past 4 lines when I hit enter to start a new sentence I'm taken to the top of the page, or where the first sentence is. Hitting "end" on the keyboard brings me back to where I want to be. It's annoying - any help on this?

A few other things while I'm thinking about this...In the "Work Requested" box is it possible to make it bigger? There are only so many characters that you can type before it stops. I'll have to continue on "Work Performed" box to finish what I'm typing.

In the "Recommendation" box certain characters are not accepted. Apostrophe ' ' ' ' is the most notable one, actually it might be the only one that I regularly use that I can't use in that box. So in the case of 'can't' I can spell it out as - can not, or type it up somewhere else and copy and paste it to the recommendation box.

Thanks!
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

Silky7 wrote:
Sauvageaus wrote:This box keeps popping up with different things, but looks the same every time. If I hit continue I don't notice anything affected that I can think of.
This is definitely not a message you want to continue working past. Once you've hit an unhandled exception, the application is effectively in an unstable state where changes could be lost or worse — affect other records. Please give us a call at support when you can to troubleshoot this.

It hasn't acted up since then until today, so called in and they looked at and said they're aware of the situation and he just told me to hit continue if it keeps popping up for now.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

I'll be sending you a PM on this.
M1 Product Manager
carrieswanlund

Re: Glitch With 7.1.7

Post by carrieswanlund »

scgms1 wrote:I recently upgraded my Manager program to 7.1.7 and noticed an issue when typing in the "Work Performed" box. I'm usually verbose in describing what was done and once I get past 4 lines when I hit enter to start a new sentence I'm taken to the top of the page, or where the first sentence is. Hitting "end" on the keyboard brings me back to where I want to be. It's annoying - any help on this?

A few other things while I'm thinking about this...In the "Work Requested" box is it possible to make it bigger? There are only so many characters that you can type before it stops. I'll have to continue on "Work Performed" box to finish what I'm typing.

In the "Recommendation" box certain characters are not accepted. Apostrophe ' ' ' ' is the most notable one, actually it might be the only one that I regularly use that I can't use in that box. So in the case of 'can't' I can spell it out as - can not, or type it up somewhere else and copy and paste it to the recommendation box.

Thanks!
Yes please to both!
carrieswanlund

Post by carrieswanlund »

I am not sure about using the auto adjust in the appointment screen. When I am moving the appointment to a new time it still has a box popping up that says "date time error end date should be later than starts". I also called to find out how to turn off the auto adjust time and was told that could only be done on an appointment by appointment basis and not set as a default. Am I confused in thinking the auto adjust end time would be that when you change an appointment time it would automatically move the end time of the appointment?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Carrie,

If you are running 7.1.7 now, you can turn off the Auto Adjust Appointment Time globally. Simply go to the Configurations menu > Scheduler Setup > Scheduler Options. You'll see the option to stop automatic growth.

As for your second question, simply changing the start time will not automatically adjust the end time for a number of reasons. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
M1 Product Manager
John C.

Re: Glitch With 7.1.7

Post by John C. »

scgms1 wrote: In the "Recommendation" box certain characters are not accepted. Apostrophe ' ' ' ' is the most notable one, actually it might be the only one that I regularly use that I can't use in that box. So in the case of 'can't' I can spell it out as - can not, or type it up somewhere else and copy and paste it to the recommendation box.

Thanks!
I've noticed a couple of times when spell checking in recommendations, it will sometimes pick up missing apostrophes, and if you chose "Change" it will add the apostrophe.

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw: an exclamation point, and question mark were sitting at a bar having drinks, and the exclamation points says to the question mark "I"ll never date another apostrophe... they're too possessive." :mrgreen:
John C.

Return to “Scheduler”