Scheduler Feedback 2016

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by artadot »

The new scheduler is awesome. I have tweaked a few things to make it fit our shop. Here are a few things that I would like to see improved upon, (some of these may have already been suggested:
1 When editing a date in the scheduler it does not change the date in the WIP screen.
2 When creating a new customer I could not enter the email, not sure what I am doing wrong, it is there but I can't enter an email address
3 Indicate whether an appointment has been made into a r/o, est or invoice in the appointment screen.
4 Labor line added to the canned job box so that we can manually enter requested work when creating an appt rather than in notes, so we don't have to retype the work required.
5 Would like to be able to tab through all the fields.
6 Access recommendations when creating an appt.
7 Be able to see the canned jobs in the appt screen, we can only see the notes.

Thanks for all the hard work you have done to improve the schedule. You guys ROCK! :D
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by Silky7 »

artadot wrote:The new scheduler is awesome. I have tweaked a few things to make it fit our shop. Here are a few things that I would like to see improved upon, (some of these may have already been suggested:
Thanks for all the hard work you have done to improve the schedule. You guys ROCK! :D
Thanks for the feedback!
1. We're working on this.
2. I'll add that for consideration.
3. This is there. It's subtle. Note the button changes. Before an order:
preorder.PNG
preorder.PNG (7.93 KiB) Viewed 9203 times
After an order has been created:
postorder.PNG
postorder.PNG (6.53 KiB) Viewed 9203 times
M1 Product Manager
artadot

Post by artadot »

Sorry I should have been a little clearer, when putting the mouse over an appt it shows the customer name and contact info,notes etc, I think it would be beneficial if it also indicated if this was converted into an est, r/o or is an invoice.
artadot

Post by artadot »

I would like to be able to schedule technicians without affecting the rest of the week. We pull techs from our other shops to work on Saturdays to reduce the amount of weekends our tech's work. This would act as a schedule for our techs as well so that they know what weekend they are working, and some techs have do not have licenses to perform emission tests, so we need to know who is working to be able to schedule work appropriately.
Fordracer

Post by Fordracer »

It would be nice if you could see the status of the view in the scheduler. Like if its arrived or completed ect.

Tim
artadot

Post by artadot »

Does anyone use the appointment screen? I haven't found a use for it yet but maybe I am missing something, or it is just the way we use program?

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but when creating a new vehicle I can't tab over from the year to the model. Just a small annoyance.
miteygirl

Post by miteygirl »

While I love the ability to put recurring events and holidays and such in the scheduler, it appears as though the only place it reflects is in the two calendars to the left. The date will be red in the monthly calendar, indicating a closed day. When I click on the actual day I see no changes or reference to the holiday at all. The color does not change, there is no notation of why we are closed that day. Am I missing something?

Shop Events is great, as it notates within the particular day what event is going on, but it does not appear that you can make them recurring.

It would be great if we could use Shop Events to notate recurring events such as employees birthdays, anniversaries, special theme days etc.
artadot

Post by artadot »

Also wondering how hard it would be to modify the system to not smash together entire appointment blocks. Example; Customer 1 is scheduled for 7 hours of work, Customer 2 has a short 1 hour job that needs to be routed in the middle of Customer 1's job. The entire 7 hour block gets skinny and the information is unable to be read. If the system was modified so only the short 1 hour section of the 7 hour block would get skinny then the visual representation would be more effective.[/quote]
We find this a frustrating as well, also would like to see the status of an appointment in the schedule screen, if it is a r/o, estimate or invoice.
RobsImports

Post by RobsImports »

Wondering if there is a way to block off a time slot on the schedule for all of the technicians. Example; shop meeting from 12-12:30 that all technicians will be at. Currently it seems I have to create a bogus appointment separately for each technician to visually represent the time slot is full. I've tried shop events, but that does not assign a technician and so visually it does not close off that time slot. I'm sure there is a way to do this, I'm just not finding it. Thanks for the help.
DougerM

Post by DougerM »

Awesome job!!! Having a little difficulty with an appointment that started this morning and will roll over into tomorrow morning for completion. I tried changing the end time, and I tried click & drop, but I can't figure out how to make this appointment display correctly in the schedule. Any advice?? Thanks again for the great job. Can you tell how pleased I am??
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

DougerM wrote:Awesome job!!! Having a little difficulty with an appointment that started this morning and will roll over into tomorrow morning for completion. I tried changing the end time, and I tried click & drop, but I can't figure out how to make this appointment display correctly in the schedule. Any advice?? Thanks again for the great job. Can you tell how pleased I am??
We are making separate entries for overflow work that equal the remaining time on the job. At the moment, it seems the easiest and most accurate method.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

Any update or looking into how this shows up when printing the schedule for the day? It gets to clustered and pointless to print when you can't even read a customers name or vehicle let alone detailed information.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sauvageaus wrote:Any update or looking into how this shows up when printing the schedule for the day? It gets to clustered and pointless to print when you can't even read a customers name or vehicle let alone detailed information.
The printing from the schedule itself may take some time to develop. Try using the Scheduled Events report from the Management tab in the interim.
M1 Product Manager
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

Silky7 wrote:
Sauvageaus wrote:Any update or looking into how this shows up when printing the schedule for the day? It gets to clustered and pointless to print when you can't even read a customers name or vehicle let alone detailed information.
The printing from the schedule itself may take some time to develop. Try using the Scheduled Events report from the Management tab in the interim.
I think that will work for now, wish it fit more on one sheet. Thanks for the advice.
RobsImports

Post by RobsImports »

Are there plans of adding a space to enter email addresses during the appointment/Scheduler process? Most of our follow up and/or appointment reminders are triggered off of an email address. So the lack of that information showing and/or being edited during the appointment scheduling has been a concern.

I will add a request to include an email field in the appointment new customer screen

JD
djacquot

Post by djacquot »

We print the schedule every morning and hang it on a clipboard, cant seem to get it to print so it is usable. I was able to set the shop hours but when printed it shows 5:00 am to 10:00 pm and jumbles everything so you cant read it. Any idea?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

djacquot wrote:We print the schedule every morning and hang it on a clipboard, cant seem to get it to print so it is usable. I was able to set the shop hours but when printed it shows 5:00 am to 10:00 pm and jumbles everything so you cant read it. Any idea?
The print out hours don't match the visible hours. I think they should also. This has been mentioned before. Hoping for an update on that.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
artadot

Post by artadot »

djacquot wrote:We print the schedule every morning and hang it on a clipboard, cant seem to get it to print so it is usable. I was able to set the shop hours but when printed it shows 5:00 am to 10:00 pm and jumbles everything so you cant read it. Any idea?
We added a second monitor to the lap top in the back shop to eliminate the need for a print out. Now all the techs can see the schedule and easily identify their schedule with the colour coding for each tech, although we are still printing an excel schedule for each day, just as a back up until we are confident to rely on the new scheduler.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

RRe: Scheduler Feedback 2016

Post by Johnny5 »

For the time being I modified the report 'Scheduled Events'. Click on the report button, click on the Management tab, select 'Scheduled Events' - it's a completely new report all the pertinent schedule data.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

artadot wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but when creating a new vehicle I can't tab over from the year to the model. Just a small annoyance.
That area is also under the microscope for modification, I also want to add the Plate decoder to that screen.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Scheduler”