New Scheduler

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
AdamD
25 Club: Starting Contributor

New Scheduler

Post by AdamD »

This is downright awful. Invoices getting lost, can't find orders. Please tell me how to put it back to how it was. I'm seriously considering switching programs due to how non-user friendly this "new and improved" scheduler is, and I've been using Manager for 10+ years.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: New Scheduler

Post by timbre4 »

Please contact support as you should not be losing anything data wise. I have addressed your schedule comments in the Feedback thread.

A portion of the forum community has been using the new schedule for a year, so there are may folks here (including me) with ideas and resources to get you to a comfort level.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Tim, I'm sure you can understand my frustration, and I am not blaming this on you.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of my Mitchell Rep in at least 5 years.

I had no idea that these changes were going to occur, as I had no need to come to this forum. I had no complaints until I was forced to upgrade last week.

I found the missing invoice, but it somehow got put at the top of my home screen with no date.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I'm sorry we didn't let you know. This moment would've happened last year but it was decided to make it limited until we completed some work to make the Appointments tab feel like the old Day view, added Timeline View, Filtering, Group By for appointments, Drop Off times, Auto Extend Appt. Hrs. for any work added after the fact, etc. It looks complicated at first then it really starts to gel once you re-arrange things to your liking and get the view set that makes the most sense. You can leave it open on a second screen and do other things (which the 1995 schedule would not permit)...

I honestly believe we can make this work, it's up to you.
Tim McDonnell -
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

The main problem is, I can't see anything in the scheduler. I've tried to adjust/tweak things, and nothing is working. Is there something I'm not seeing? I'd like to have it so the view is closer to how it was, or at least so I can see the customer's names and when they are coming in.

Is there anyone willing to walk me through it for like 5-10 min on the phone? I usually can figure these things out on my own, which is probably why I'm so pissy right now (because I can't figure this out).

If there's a way to make this close to how I'd like it, I'm all ears.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I'll help you, we can do a lot in just a few minutes. I would ask that you please look at the Configuration / User Guide and get a few basics filled in?

1. Scheduler Options - setup business hours
2. Technicians - their hours available within shop schedule

I'm literally editing the Schedule Overview video right now or I'd give you the link to that!
Here's a link to a brief 'making an appointment' clip I'm testing: http://www.screencast.com/t/Dym1q3we3c8

Also attached is a Quick Appointments in SE Schedule document to address what some see as a bottleneck prior to watching this step-by-step comparison with the old schedule appointment window.
Attachments
Quick Appointments In SE Schedule.pdf
(169.65 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Tim McDonnell -
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Hello Tim,

I'm still having some issues.

1.) Sometimes when I create an estimate/order/invoice, it has no appointment time and stays at the very top of my "WIP" screen. Is there a way to prevent this?

2.) When I go to scheduler, sometimes the person's name isn't listed, it's just listed as a blank order. Same thing when I click on the "appointments" tab. What am I doing incorrectly that's causing this?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

AdamD wrote:1.) Sometimes when I create an estimate/order/invoice, it has no appointment time and stays at the very top of my "WIP" screen. Is there a way to prevent this?
It is likely that this happens when starting from R.O. instead of Estimate stage. We are fixing this.
AdamD wrote:2.) When I go to scheduler, sometimes the person's name isn't listed, it's just listed as a blank order. Same thing when I click on the "appointments" tab. What am I doing incorrectly that's causing this?
I'm thinking this is either 1) a Company name customer where Customer Name field(s) are blank? OR 2) that the New Customer dialog was selected but then not filled in as expected? Hard to be certain if not looking over your shoulder to observe the steps involved.
Tim McDonnell -
AdamD

Post by AdamD »

Is it possibly because I start the estimate first, and then add or find the customer?

That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm almost certain it does it sometimes even if I start the estimate in the customer's vehicle first.

Return to “Scheduler”