Workflow Suggestion - Appointment w/o Vehicle Details

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Workflow Suggestion - Appointment w/o Vehicle Details

Post by ricmorin »

In a perfect world we always have the vehicle details when making an appointment. We do a lot of work for other shops and often they don't know. When that occurs, we make an appointment for the customer with no vehicle attached. When the customer arrives, then we click on Create Estimate or Create Order from the details window. From there a new order pops up and lands on the ORDER tab. More often than not, the person doing this does not know there is no vehicle attached yet as it may be days or weeks since the appointment was made, and could have been made be another staff member.

I suggest the program lands on the VEHICLE tab instead, prompting the user to obtain vehicle details. I think this would be a more logical workflow. The vehicle is here now and at least some details can be obtained.

Coincidentally, orders with no vehicles do not show on the WIP in Mobile Manager. That is how we discovered this.

Thanks for considering,

Ric
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Workflow Suggestion - Appointment w/o Vehicle Details

Post by timbre4 »

Understood. This is the opposite of the folks who want the simplest appointments with no vehicle details ever. (shops that do the same process no matter what the vehicle is or the vehicle is always the same such as an ambulance service). It would be necessary to weigh these two outcomes and see if it is possible to accommodate them.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Scheduler”