Option For 'Drop Off' To Follow Start Time?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Option For 'Drop Off' To Follow Start Time?

Post by BERGMANS1 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:Shouldn't the drop off time be automatic or another field like "Time-in"? Customer walks in and you enter the RO. Upon printing the RO a timestamp should AUTOMATICALLY be taken and printed on the RO regardless of the schedule. This is very important especially for waiters. If you launch the customer from the schedule, even though it's a waiter the time stamp on the printed RO should AUTOMATICALLY reflect "time-in" or "drop-off" time, i.e. the time the RO was first printed.
"Time in" doesn't show on the scheduler but it does show on the WIP screen if you have that column expanded. Not sure if that is what you are after or not.

It does not print on the RO or tech sheet.... which would be nice I agree. I usually just hand write it on the tech sheet if it is needed.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:Shouldn't the drop off time be automatic or another field like "Time-in"? Customer walks in and you enter the RO. Upon printing the RO a timestamp should AUTOMATICALLY be taken and printed on the RO regardless of the schedule. This is very important especially for waiters. If you launch the customer from the schedule, even though it's a waiter the time stamp on the printed RO should AUTOMATICALLY reflect "time-in" or "drop-off" time, i.e. the time the RO was first printed.
You are correct, and we have implemented that for the next version.
cal.gif
cal.gif (35.5 KiB) Viewed 14758 times
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Johnny5 wrote:
You are correct, and we have implemented that for the next version.
cal.gif
GREAT! By next version is that 7.2 or the next next version?
Dan
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Dan,

That would be the following version, most likely 7.3. The screens are literally in development still. :)
M1 Product Manager
acofgb

Post by acofgb »

Is the "Match Drop-Off to Start Time" checkbox going to remember our selection for the next appointment? Or is it going to be like the "Print on order as note" box in the scheduler that needs to be unchecked EVERY time you make an appointment.... hint, hint, I would like to see that fixed also. These boxes that are used in the program should all be the same. There are some that need to be checked every time and others that remember our last selection, i.e. the print receipt box, and the print invoice box when posting. If a box needs to be checked (or unchecked) every time, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a choice if it isn't going to remember our selection.
Hardwood
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Hardwood »

I prefer the elimination of the "drop off" box altogether.

I don't know about other shops, but it's a redundant setting.

My "drop off" and "scheduled time" have ALWAYS been the same.

This is why software writers need to ask more questions before making changes that affect everyone, but benefit very few.

If those shops who prefer the two fields only had one, then their drop off times would be the same as the scheduled time.

Silly software writers :-)
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
http://www.MinnetonkaAutoService.com
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I respectfully disagree. Unless it's a waiter, my drop off and start times are rarely the same and waiter's constitute less than 2% of my work.

This is the struggle the programmers have where there are soooo many different shops out there.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Hardwood

Post by Hardwood »

ricmorin wrote:I respectfully disagree. Unless it's a waiter, my drop off and start times are rarely the same and waiter's constitute less than 2% of my work.

This is the struggle the programmers have where there are soooo many different shops out there.
So explain the benefit to you to have two different fields?
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

We use the scheduler for time loading, so the jobs are moved around and re-ordered. Most of our work is drop-offs, which I suspect is common. We will organize the day in advance, so a drop vehicle may not get started until 2pm. It will be placed at 2pm far in advance of the workday. That is how we know how many hours/jobs to book. CRM will send that customer an appointment reminder for 2pm if it weren't for the drop-off field, but I want it here at 8am because if I have a chance to get it in earlier I want to take that advantage. It's about utilizing the scheduler to it's maximum potential and that's the reason for the new drop-off field in the first place.

Making the feature switchable will accommodate both types of usage.
603-622-6434 x203

Hardwood

Post by Hardwood »

ricmorin wrote:We use the scheduler for time loading, so the jobs are moved around and re-ordered. Most of our work is drop-offs, which I suspect is common. We will organize the day in advance, so a drop vehicle may not get started until 2pm. It will be placed at 2pm far in advance of the workday. That is how we know how many hours/jobs to book. CRM will send that customer an appointment reminder for 2pm if it weren't for the drop-off field, but I want it here at 8am because if I have a chance to get it in earlier I want to take that advantage. It's about utilizing the scheduler to it's maximum potential and that's the reason for the new drop-off field in the first place.

Making the feature switchable will accommodate both types of usage.
Amazing you are able to plan that well. My days are so dynamic, that it would be nearly impossible to coordinate workflow that efficiently.

Hats off to you for having vendors you can count on, towed in vehicle owners so flexible, and walk-ins that turn into a ton of work but don't upset the carefully planned days.

Again, to each their own, but my take on the new scheduler is that it's way too much for a simple little shop like mine.

I'd pay to have the old scheduler back. Short, Sweet. Simple.

Have a great day and thanks for your input/perspective.
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

I am a one man shop. With that said I may have a car dropped off days before it comes into the shop. I schedule carefully to make the most of the day. The drop off feature for me is used so I dont loose track of what is coming in for a day, regardless of what may be in the shop, as well as making sure parts are available. Nothing is more embarrassing than having a customer show up to drop a car and having forgotten they were coming in. Or worse close up early and have someone dropping off at 5 or 6.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
barbhenry

Post by barbhenry »

I am on 7.2.5. This post is about the appointment editor. My default START time is 9:00 am. Is there any way to change the DEFAULT start time to 8:00am?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

barbhenry wrote:I am on 7.2.5. This post is about the appointment editor. My default START time is 9:00 am. Is there any way to change the DEFAULT start time to 8:00am?
Absolutely, right here:
figmenu.png
figmenu.png (43.32 KiB) Viewed 14681 times
dropoff.png
dropoff.png (28.57 KiB) Viewed 14681 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
barbhenry

Post by barbhenry »

I made the configurations to be just like you suggested and the default START time in appointment editor still shows 9:00am instead of 8:00am. Why is this?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

barbhenry wrote:I made the configurations to be just like you suggested and the default START time in appointment editor still shows 9:00am instead of 8:00am. Why is this?
This won't change any appointments already made, only appointments created after the modification.
603-622-6434 x203

barbhenry

Post by barbhenry »

The default time of start 9:00am was recorded after the changes were made.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

barbhenry wrote:The default time of start 9:00am was recorded after the changes were made.
What appears in the setup screen? 8am or 9am?
603-622-6434 x203

barbhenry

Post by barbhenry »

Configurations/Scheduler options has Start 8:00am and drop off time 8:00am
Thanks for your help
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

barbhenry wrote:Configurations/Scheduler options has Start 8:00am and drop off time 8:00am
Thanks for your help
If the setup says 8 and newly created appointments are still going to 9am, there's a problem. You may need support assistance here, but before you do, try this. Shut down all instances of Manager except the server(host). Change the value from 8 to 9 and save, shut down host. Open host only and repeat except change back to 8, shut down. Restart host and check operation. If it's still stuck at 9 then after that you'll need to call support.

Let us know what happens.
603-622-6434 x203

ThatShop

Post by ThatShop »

Q4 has come and gone, any update on when we might see this new button to disable dropoffs?

Return to “Scheduler”