Assign Tech Locked Record?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
Rod Storm

Assign Tech Locked Record?

Post by Rod Storm »

There are a couple design flaws I'd like to address and hopefully get some feedback. For the record, I'm using version 7.1.7 Manager SE.

Since an update several months ago, we are now unable to create new repair orders as quickly or as conveniently. Specifically, when creating a new repair order, and working on the appointment screen, the option of assign the RO to a specific technician is no longer usable. The option is there, and we can select a technician, but if we do this, we get an error message saying that the "order is open" (displays "Locked Record" pop-up message). So, instead of being able to completely process a new repair order, we must leave the repair order unassigned, go back to the RO screen, switch off of that screen by clicking either on the "customer" or "vehicle" tab, and then go back into the schedule view, and drag the appointment to the appropriate technician. This may or may not SOUND like a big deal, but it is extremely cumbersome and time consuming when you are trying to process quickly and efficiently. Previously, we had no issues, but the update in early 2017 changed everything... not for the better, me thinks.

Thoughts?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Assign Tech Locked Record?

Post by ricmorin »

We are getting the same message. We don't often assign a technician at this stage, but since we signed up with Bolt-On we are starting to. It's like the Locked record message except the record is locked by me, on my workstation. That shouldn't happen.

We are also getting this message randomly when receiving parts...locked record by the workstation receiving the parts. Huh?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ricmorin

Re: Assign Tech Locked Record?

Post by ricmorin »

LOL. I no sooner post this and then it happens again. Here is a screen shot and the steps taken.
locked record
locked record
locked.PNG (34.5 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
I started a new Estimate. Entered all the needed labor lines and clicked on Options>Appointment. I filled out the appointment window including the technician and resource fields and when clicking on Save and Close I got this message.

Fortunately I could click away without closing the appointment editor window or losing my information. Once I closed the order, I could continue.

I don't recall having to do that on earlier versions of the new scheduler, but I could be mistaken.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Scheduler”