Deleting Appointments?

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
hendersonauto

Deleting Appointments?

Post by hendersonauto »

When a customer calls and cancels an appointment and then when I delete the estimate from WIP, it stays in the scheduler under appointments tab and sends a text reminder to the customer of their appointment even though they cancelled. I have to make sure to go in and delete it from scheduler as well as the estimate on WIP. Is there a setting I can change so when an appointment is deleted off of WIP it also gets deleted from scheduler?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Deleting appointments

Post by Silky7 »

There's isn't currently such a mechanism. The best bet currently would be to edit the Appointment state and switch it to Cancelled before deleting the estimate. Doing so should will prevent the customer from getting a reminder from our CRM.

This should be fairly quick from the WIP by right-clicking the Estimate, selecting the appointment button, then changing the state in the upper-right corner. Click on open Estimate from there, save the changes when prompted and remove the estimate.
M1 Product Manager
BERGMANS1
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Deleting Appointments?

Post by BERGMANS1 »

I agree it is another click (or three) that I would like to think are not needed. I've just gotten in the habit of removing the estimate from the WIP screen and then going into the scheduler to also delete the appointment itself. We don't get many cancellations so it isn't a big deal, but the disconnect between manager and the scheduler has always frustrated me a bit. Kind of like when an appointment is made under a certain name, but when the car gets dropped off the name changes. Once you change the name in manager, if you want it to match you also have to change the name on the scheduler.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

BERGMANS1 wrote:I agree it is another click (or three) that I would like to think are not needed. I've just gotten in the habit of removing the estimate from the WIP screen and then going into the scheduler to also delete the appointment itself. We don't get many cancellations so it isn't a big deal, but the disconnect between manager and the scheduler has always frustrated me a bit. Kind of like when an appointment is made under a certain name, but when the car gets dropped off the name changes. Once you change the name in manager, if you want it to match you also have to change the name on the scheduler.
+1
Dan
arbm

Post by arbm »

Is there a resolution yet for this? I would like to delete an appointment off of the WIP screen, but cannot find an option.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

arbm wrote:Is there a resolution yet for this? I would like to delete an appointment off of the WIP screen, but cannot find an option.
Hello, and welcome to the forum (as a poster). :)

Appointments are not visible on the WIP. They are a separate entity from Orders, which are what appear on the WIP. So if you have an estimate, RO or invoice you're trying to remove, simply open it, then go to the File menu > Edit > Remove Order.

Hope this helps.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Scheduler”