Appointment..waiting on parts

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Appointment..waiting on parts

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Would it be possible to alter the scheduler "Shop Events" so they don't add time to the Scheduled Hours or perhaps have another appointment designation that doesn't add time?
Two examples:
1. Awaiting parts for RO# xyz or Customer xyz
2. John has a dentist appt. from 9-10am

Obviously a reminder setting/pop-up would be nice as well.

And yes, for all those out there I know there are tools that do this but these examples really pertain to the scheduling of our day and one could argue that they belong in the schedule.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to schedule shop events across days, recurring, without adding to Scheduled Hours. An example of this would be adding tire promotions that span several weeks.
Dan
i86truck

Post by i86truck »

Thanks for the good suggestion for those with Mitchell CRM!! I had not seen this one on these topic threads... We have been with another company that does multiple services for us such as our website, Adwords, postcards, emails, CRM, etc. for a long time. I will check with them to see if the same fix would work with our CRM appointment reminders thru them. Keep the solutions coming :)

Thank you!
Ronda
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Is there any update on this one? As of 8.0.9 it doesn't appear as if any of these changes have been implemented as of yet.
Dan
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Hi Dan,

We've been working on a number of new projects and features (ProSpect for Android, 64-bit application conversion, and one yet to be announced). Unfortunately that has kept our teams working at maximum capacity. We haven't had time to circle back to changes in behavior to shop events in the schedule.

Please remember, not every enhancement request can be accommodated, and others can often take a good deal of time to implement.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Scheduler”