Identifying a Vehicle in Scheduler

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Identifying a Vehicle in Scheduler

Post by ShopManTim »

Is there any way for me to identify the vehicle in scheduler when I make an appointment? For example: If I schedule John Browns 2011 VW Passat for an oil change and to check the brakes, currently, the scheduler does not identify which vehicle I will be working on. It merely says that John Brown has an appointment @ 9AM to do an oil change and check the brakes. If I, as the technician want to see which vehicle of John Browns I will be working on, I must open the appointment to find out that it is a 2011 VW Passat I will be working on. As it is, it appears that in the appointment details, I will need to put the 2011 VW Passat - oil change and check brakes. Is there any other way to identify the vehicle without opening the appointment?
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Identifying a Vehicle in Scheduler

Post by megoff »

Hi ShopManTim,

Currently there is no way to automatically display at a glance what vehicle is connected to the appointment, however, you are able to hover over an appointment and a window "tool tip" will pop up and display a little more information about the appointment. With the current state of the Scheduler, if you'd like "at a glance" viewing you would need to modify the Subject of the appointment during creation. I can take the feedback to the team to see if this is something we could possibly implement a configurable setting to customize the automated scheduled appointments for a future release.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

The vehicle details do not display on the appointment tile. I know of no way other than manually inputting them. You are aware that you can see those details by simply hovering?

It would be nice to see that, though. Especially with fleets and customers with many vehicles.

I would also like to see the unit number detail in the scheduler. Not necessarily on the tile but at least in the opened window.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
lantzbros

Post by lantzbros »

Would it be possible to add 'Color", 'vin' and 'plate' column to the scheduler appointment screen? That would be awesome. Others could keep it hidden if they did not want to see it.
Attachments
example.png
example.png (19.28 KiB) Viewed 2076 times

Return to “Scheduler”