Unit Number

Discussions of SE Scheduler/ Appointment Editor
luke.moore

Unit Number

Post by luke.moore »

Is there a way to profile a vehicle in the scheduler by unit number? If not can this be added? We have a few fleet accounts that have 50 plus vehicles and they are all tracked by unit numbers. So when a fleet manager calls in to schedule appointments he will say for example "I need to get unit 5333 in for service." We then have to scroll through the entire fleet of vehicles and find that unit number, but if unit number was say next license plate it would make life much easier. Just a thought!

Luke
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Unit Number

Post by megoff »

Hi Luke, this is a great idea and we currently have this on our list of enhancement requests as fleet work is becoming more and more common within our system. Please keep an eye on upcoming release notes to see when the feature may be implemented. Please note it will not be in the next release that is expected in the coming weeks.
M1 Product Manager
luke.moore

Post by luke.moore »

Thanks for the reply!
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I too have been asking for this. For a short term solution, I've added the unit number after the license plate so I can identify the vehicle in the Scheduler screen.
unit.JPG
unit.JPG (22.52 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

luke.moore wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 am
Is there a way to profile a vehicle in the scheduler by unit number? If not can this be added? We have a few fleet accounts that have 50 plus vehicles and they are all tracked by unit numbers. So when a fleet manager calls in to schedule appointments he will say for example "I need to get unit 5333 in for service." We then have to scroll through the entire fleet of vehicles and find that unit number, but if unit number was say next license plate it would make life much easier. Just a thought!

Luke
This might help: If you're on version 8.5 or higher, if you select the company first you can use CTRL+F on the vehicle screen to find a unit number.
2023-01-18 08_28_50-Vehicle Selection1.png
2023-01-18 08_28_50-Vehicle Selection1.png (22.08 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
2023-01-18 08_29_14-Vehicle Selection2.png
2023-01-18 08_29_14-Vehicle Selection2.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

The problem I have is After I have the appointment created. There is NO unit number visible on the appointment screen once created. When my fleets call and ask what is coming in today, I cannot tell until I open each order. It would be great to get unit visible on the appointment window.
unit1.jpg
unit1.jpg (31.5 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
603-622-6434 x203

Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

ricmorin wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:14 am
The problem I have is After I have the appointment created. There is NO unit number visible on the appointment screen once created. When my fleets call and ask what is coming in today, I cannot tell until I open each order. It would be great to get unit visible on the appointment window.unit1.jpg
Exactly why I wanted to continue this discussion. I'm not certain these are the same request. :)
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Agreed. Read the OP again but maybe a good time to bring it up. :roll: :D
603-622-6434 x203

luke.moore

Post by luke.moore »

Silky7 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:31 am
luke.moore wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 am

Luke
This might help: If you're on version 8.5 or higher, if you select the company first you can use CTRL+F on the vehicle screen to find a unit number.

2023-01-18 08_28_50-Vehicle Selection1.png

2023-01-18 08_29_14-Vehicle Selection2.png
Super helpful! Thanks!

Return to “Scheduler”