Accounting Link Questions

Interface links a number of different accounting packages to SE systems
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Accounting Link Questions

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Just watched the demo..if this works as easy as it looks it is a no brainer! Really like the review and a/p migration! I currently input all my payables manually into QB, never figured out how to make it work in Integrator. How soon will this be avail to the masses? :D
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Accounting Link Demo Page

Post by timbre4 »

It is pretty cool the way it works. Accounting Link is being offered for $10 month more than the existing QBI and the $250 setup is waived for existing M1/SK customers in renewal.

We started accepting new orders for accounting Link yesterday (10/03) and will begin a migration plan for existing users in a few weeks. If you're interested in switching sooner, we can accommodate that. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Jeff @ Able Auto

I would like to be able to run it for the new year. What is the process and how would effect my current books? Do I have to start a new company in QB?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:I would like to be able to run it for the new year. What is the process and how would effect my current books? Do I have to start a new company in QB?
All you need to do is contact us, we send you an email to reply that you confirm your acceptance of the price difference ($10 per mo.) and we simply change the product code on our end. Then we have The Back Office contact you for setup & training. Back Office would explain the status of your files and there is NO new company file! :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Tim,

Do you know if I have to set up the transfer of payables? I pay for everything I buy on the spot so the transfer of all those OP's would create a lot of extra work for me.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Paradigm

Re: Accounting Link Questions

Post by Paradigm »

We just started using the old integrating system and are fine tweaking for it to work for us. How long will we be able to use the old system? In speaking with someone at Accounting Link, they make no links for inventory transfer. When will they correct this?? We have a retail store also!! I'm getting the run around that this is the same $#!T, just a different pile.
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Pauls Automotive wrote:Tim,

Do you know if I have to set up the transfer of payables? I pay for everything I buy on the spot so the transfer of all those OP's would create a lot of extra work for me.
You cannot pay on the spot. The transfer happens after hours, so if your vendor is standing in front of you, you can't pay him then, you have to wait till the next day. This was one of my first questions when they were setting up the appointment to install everything.
Pauls Automotive

Paradigm wrote:
Pauls Automotive wrote:Tim,

You cannot pay on the spot. The transfer happens after hours, so if your vendor is standing in front of you, you can't pay him then, you have to wait till the next day. This was one of my first questions when they were setting up the appointment to install everything.
I ended up signing up. We just turned off the payable transfer function. I can just write the check to vendor on the spot and nothing comes over from Mitchell. I t worked out well. I was a Integrator user many years ago and Back Office far exceeds it on many levels.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
Jeff @ Able Auto

Not sure I understand. I get a part from xyz and enter it on the RO with the vendors inv number.. I write a check. End of day everything transfers to QB. Now what keeps me from opening QB and writing a check for that part invoice?
Pauls Automotive

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:Not sure I understand. I get a part from xyz and enter it on the RO with the vendors inv number.. I write a check. End of day everything transfers to QB. Now what keeps me from opening QB and writing a check for that part invoice?
Well I think the assumption here is when the delivery person comes you are writing a check from within quickbooks (a computer check,not a hand written one) So at the end of the day once everything is transferred from mitchell to QB another bill for the same part will be generated and look like it needs paying. If you are doing hand checks it isn't a problem because you can do as you say.....but if you are like me and the computer generates the check then you end up with a mess. The easy answer was to turn off payable transfers. I hope that makes sense.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
Jeff @ Able Auto

Thanks Paul..that makes perfect sense. Yes I hand write all my checks.

Return to “Accounting Link”