- 100 Club: Active Contributor
- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:22 am
Example: If you have a Lock Date set on your General Ledger and you attempt to Return Parts on a Work Order prior to the Lock GL Date Set you will receive a pop up message reminding you of the Lock Date Set and will not allow the transaction.
You will need to remove the GL Lock Date Set and Move to Return | Create Credit Slip | Post to Payable as normal. Then add the GL Lock Date again to keep other entries from posting prior to that date.
There will be an impact on the following accounts and the closed period as follows:
- Credit to the Parts Received for Work In Progress
- Debit to the Returned Items
You will need to do a Journal Entry/GL Adjustment to reverse the impact to the closed period as follows:
- Debit to the Parts Received for Work In Progress
- Credit the Returned Items
Enterprise Support Specialist