Issuing A Credit To Customer

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
Mike W

Issuing A Credit To Customer

Post by Mike W »

I need to give a credit to a customer's account so that I can apply it and a check to an invoice, how do I do this???
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Issuing Credit To Customer

Post by fortknoxx »

Open a new 5 tab invoice. if you are crediting parts, enter all info as you are selling (or copy from a history record). when you get to qty. enter a negative # (-8, sparkplugs). do that for all parts being credited. if you are crediting labor, open a labor line and enter a negative amount.

This will bring you to a negative invoice. hit pay and post. now there will be a box popping up to ask to credit customer. click yes.

Go into history and view the invoice that you want to apply the credit to. Click payments. Click apply credit. This will apply that credit amount to the unpaid invoice. Now print the invoice. it will show the credit applied below the belt in the box and will also show the amount due.

if you are refunding a defect/ or part failure. Pay techs off labor time in mitchell. You will have to do a split in the tech pay and actual hours so the tech doesn't lose the time for the part failure.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “Database + Settings”