Process A Refund?

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
bschauer

Process A Refund?

Post by bschauer »

I have performed refunds for 2 different customers. The refunds were not for the entire amount of the original invoice. I have played with different strategies to try to make an entry that will make the cash receipts report balance correctly verses the visa or M/C settlement report. I can't figure it out. I have searched for ideas on the forum and in the help area of my system and have not found anything that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bschauer

Re: Process A Refund?

Post by bschauer »

I did look at the mentioned Quick Answer and I tried to follow the instructions. I could not understand the account classes entries mentioned in step two since these are fixed and I don't see how to add additional classes. Step three depends on success of step two. I had printed this Quick Answer and tried it before I started a new thread. I couldn't make it past step two.

Thanks.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

To add the new Account Class:

1. Go to Setup - Standard Tables, select the Income/Payment Types tab.
2. Enter an Income Description and assign a unique GL code
3. Click OK
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
bschauer

Post by bschauer »

Thanks for the tip. I am able to get the procedure to work, except I would like it to show refund to Visa (or M/C, Discover, Cash or a check written) in this case instead of cash as mentioned in the Quick Answer. When I run the cash receipts report the -$xx.xx shows correctly but is listed as cash. I am sorry I am so ignorant, but we really don't use the complete capability of the accounting section of the Management Plus system.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Understood. That FAQ presumes more user experience in settings, I'll make a note to fill in the detail level more.

Perhaps changing it from being counted as Cash to CC (since the majority of payments are credit cards?) would work the way you want it to.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

do not use paid out gl function to process a refund. Paid out is for accounting for money used to pay an invoice out of the draw.

do this instead.

for counter sale
open a new 3 tab invoice.
enter info with neg qty for parts,
hit pay
choose cc method
enter - amount -123.45
pay
for ro
open new 5 tab invoice
enter neg $ for labor. -125.00
if parts are involved enter neg qty
convert to invoice
hit options
hit apply payments
choose cc method
enter neg amount -125.00 or what ever it is
hit pay
hit post

you need a paper trail.
i created a pn and category as refund. this way when looking in history with catagory it will show when a refund was made at a glance.

sales tax was already collected on orig invoice. if it was made in a prev quarter or month. it might have already been paid. if you tinker with a posted order it will mess up all prev data. just create a new one with a paper trail.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “Database + Settings”