Late Fees

Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database
CHRIS84

Late Fees

Post by CHRIS84 »

We just started using Mitchell a couple of months ago and are still trying to work out all of the issues. We were hand writing invoices up until we got Mitchell. The problem im having is late fees for charge customers are getting applied 30 days too soon. The way the owners deal with charge accounts is: statements get run at beginning of the month and customer has 30 days to pay. For example, an invoice that is posted on Feb 2nd is generating a late fee when the statement is printed on March 3rd, and they still have another month to pay. I know that I could just wait and post all charged invoices at the end of the month to give them extra time, but then i have 100 invoices sitting in the WIP screen.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Late Fees

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.

Please confirm which version (5.9.x or SE 6.4.x) and we can better assist with the options and corrective measures. You definitely do not want to keep all of those open Invoices on WIP screen. They should be posted as Charges and then use F5 Batch Payment when the payment and/or customer arrives.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
CHRIS84

Post by CHRIS84 »

We are using the 5.9 software. Just so Im clear on the right way to do it, thias is how you want me to do it: keep all of the charge account invoices on the WIP screen until the end of the month. Then at the end of the month, post the invoices and use batch payment when the check comes in the mail.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Not quite; you need to go ahead and post invoices when as work is completed to get them off your WIP screen. Since you want to use Late Fees, it is important to post them and get the clock ticking on them.

As far as defining setting the threshold of what's considered late, the Setup - Shop Data - Default Settings screen [below] is where this is determined. With the 30 day setting shown, the software will be looking for invoices unpaid *after* 30 days. Adjust accordingly.
late.png
late.png (19.73 KiB) Viewed 3842 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

Chris, did that solve your issue?
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's