New Text Notifications?

Discussions for Message Center texting option
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

New Text Notifications?

Post by sbebenelli »

Our texting is active today. We are not open on Saturdays but I had to stop by the shop to get something so I played with it using my own # to understand how it works.

I don't quite understand how I know if there is a new text without having to manually look. There is a check box in settings to get text notification that I have checked. Is there a way to know when there is a new text?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: New Text Notifications?

Post by ricmorin »

I don't have mine set up yet, but there is a column on the WIP called 'Messages'.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

ricmorin wrote:I don't have mine set up yet, but there is a column on the WIP called 'Messages'.
Yes but it does not show that there are new messages. Do I have to click on the message button to check for new one's? I'd like to see the button act like the recall button and show how many new messages are there.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

I think you'll benefit from re-positioning the Messages column in the WIP. It's new, so it's probably all the way to the right for you currently (we don't like to force WIP column ordering when we add new ones). Move it somewhere in the field of view, then it'll look like this when you have a new text from a customer:
2018-10-01 15_52_31-Mitchell 1 TeamWorks SE.png
2018-10-01 15_52_31-Mitchell 1 TeamWorks SE.png (29.92 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
You'll notice the button to send a text switches to an Open Text button when you select a record with a new message waiting. Hopefully that helps.

*EDIT* If you have that column in view, and it's never showing an indicator when there are unread messages, please give support a call. That column should show the above indicator within 30 seconds of receiving a message that is not read.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

ricmorin wrote:I don't have mine set up yet, but there is a column on the WIP called 'Messages'.
Somehow I misread what you said. I thought you said there was a button :oops:. You are correct this is what I was looking for, I needed to adjust it over to where I could see it. Thank you!
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Silky7 wrote:I think you'll benefit from re-positioning the Messages column in the WIP. It's new, so it's probably all the way to the right for you currently (we don't like to force WIP column ordering when we add new ones). Move it somewhere in the field of view, then it'll look like this when you have a new text from a customer:
2018-10-01 15_52_31-Mitchell 1 TeamWorks SE.png
You'll notice the button to send a text switches to an Open Text button when you select a record with a new message waiting. Hopefully that helps.

*EDIT* If you have that column in view, and it's never showing an indicator when there are unread messages, please give support a call. That column should show the above indicator within 30 seconds of receiving a message that is not read.
Thank you! Somehow I did not notice the new column. Ric tried explaining it to me and I misread what he said. :roll:

Return to “MessageCenter”