Network Connections

Discussions for Greeter / Multi-Point Digital Inspection add-on for Manager SE
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Network Connections

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

I know with bolt-on there is a issue when you change networks or have a network drop and it will not save info. Will this have the same issue or will you have a network time out which will allow it to keep info for x amount of time until the network reconnects?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Network Connections

Post by Silky7 »

Currently the mobile application remembers the settings for the last successful connection. In the example of moving out of range/dropping connection, this should make it fairly easy to reconnect. We're still working on ways to make the connectivity process as simple as possible.
M1 Product Manager
BenjaminPeterson

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Silky7 wrote:Currently the mobile application remembers the settings for the last successful connection. In the example of moving out of range/dropping connection, this should make it fairly easy to reconnect. We're still working on ways to make the connectivity process as simple as possible.
What I am talking about is a a network drop will all the info that you were putting in disappear or will it save offline and add it when it reconnects.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Apologies, I misunderstood. No, there is no "offline" mode to continue working without connection. Generally speaking, when you lose connectivity, the application will remain on the same screen and not allow a save event until reconnected. The data on the screen should then save, but essentially you're prevented from making a lot of changes and having them discarded.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “ProSpect”