Using Prospect

Discussions for Greeter / Multi-Point Digital Inspection add-on for Manager SE
Miked1

Using Prospect

Post by Miked1 »

Is anyone currently using the new prospect digital inspection program? We have installed the program and have begun training. We are currently using Auto vitals (AV) and our subscription with AV is expiring very soon. Looking to see if someone is up and running that wouldn't mind having a discussion about how the product is working for them.

Thank you
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Using Prospect

Post by ricmorin »

I am using it. I've also used Autovitals in the past as well as Bolt-On. I like ProSpect and it has great potential IMO. As an MPI program it works very well. Feel free to ask anything you may need to know.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Miked1

Post by Miked1 »

Hey Ric, when could I schedule a phone conversation or even a team viewer session with you to discuss? Thanks for your time.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Anytime! Just give me a call.
603-622-6434 x203

Etscorns

Post by Etscorns »

Hello all,
I am currently doing a trial, I like what I see so far but have found many issues/ ideas/ needed configuration / bugs.
Is there a beta test group I can partake in.... or who do I bring up these issues to so they can be corrected in future updates.
I am 90% sure I am going to sign up as long as I know these issues will be addressed.
I have been on the phone with tech numerous times and passed advise on but want to make sure I'm talking with the right people.
I have a quick list of (in my opinion) simple needed improvements.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Etscorns wrote:Hello all,
I am currently doing a trial, I like what I see so far but have found many issues/ ideas/ needed configuration / bugs.
Is there a beta test group I can partake in.... or who do I bring up these issues to so they can be corrected in future updates.
I am 90% sure I am going to sign up as long as I know these issues will be addressed.
I have been on the phone with tech numerous times and passed advise on but want to make sure I'm talking with the right people.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is the best place to post enhancement requests or questions/issues you encounter. Anything posted here is reviewed by either myself (product manager), or by our marketing manager.
M1 Product Manager
spauto
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by spauto »

Hi All, We are also new to DVI's especially Prospect and are currently in-house training on it. As far as I can tell it is only possible to Email the report. No texting? Also it would be nice if there was a report or list of recommended repairs for the service advisor to estimate quickly. Or am I missing something?
Mike
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

spauto wrote:Hi All, We are also new to DVI's especially Prospect and are currently in-house training on it. As far as I can tell it is only possible to Email the report. No texting? Also it would be nice if there was a report or list of recommended repairs for the service advisor to estimate quickly. Or am I missing something?
Correct, you cannot text as of today. I hope that is a future enhancement.

As far as a list, you can print the inspection and work off of that.
603-622-6434 x203

timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ricmorin wrote:
spauto wrote:As far as I can tell it is only possible to Email the report. No texting?
Correct, you cannot text as of today. I hope that is a future enhancement.
As far as a list, you can print the inspection and work off of that.
That is in fact a development story we are working on; cannot provide a date at this time.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
mcdonoughtire

Post by mcdonoughtire »

Silky7 wrote:
Etscorns wrote:Hello all,
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is the best place to post enhancement requests or questions/issues you encounter. Anything posted here is reviewed by either myself (product manager), or by our marketing manager.

Hello all. I signed up for ProSpect a few days ago. Here are a few issues that I have found thus far.
*Adding a vehicle to an already existing customer. I have multiple used car dealers and collision centers I deal with that come over for various services. Main issue I have is when creating a new vehicle in the app, the ticket does not default to that vehicle. You have to go through a search for the vehicle you just added. Some of these customers may have 2,000 vehicles on their account.

*Once a RO has been generated on the desktop, it would be nice to be able to edit the vehicle in the app. (Say you generated a repair order on the desktop while greeting the customer, and go out to get vehicle info, would be nice to add vehicle info to the RO from the app.)

We planned to use this more as a greeting tool than an MPI, which it was advertised that it was. The reason we jumped on this versus Mobile Manager is the compatibility with Apple devices. Everyone in my shop with the exception of 1 tech has Iphones and or ipads.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the forum. ProSpect will continue to evolve, however it will likely remain in the realm of greeter & inspections and not mimic more workstation functions. Keep the feedback coming.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “ProSpect”